Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off the end of the game, between the Pirates and Rockies.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bodhiball @ 02/14/09 08:25 PM
if you arent looking for an immersible environment with incredible realism, it looks like the game will be more playable than last years. Hard for me to say it has "improved" or taken a step up, since it seems that the improvements have come at a price as they have removed features from previous years. I am someone who enjoys realistic player faces and accurate (as possible) stadiums, so at times this game is tough on me.

When I read about the real-world environment I got hooked...but seeing it has me less then excited. While the broadcast cameras and cuts are cool, the players look very robotic moving to and from where they should be and there is a lot of opportunity for "weird" things to happen (player warming up in the circle after the game is over, Atkins' reaction to winning, etc).

anyway, seems playable compared to 2k8. My issue is more around the fact that after four years with the exclusive license, and the potential that 2k7 showed, I would have hoped we were closer to the greatness that this game could be. Now that its in new hands, maybe another 3 year plan will get it to its potential.

# 42 DaveDQ @ 02/14/09 09:36 PM
I'm seeing the twitchy stuff with animations after plays. It reminds me a lot of NBA 2K and what happens when the ball is dead. That's the thing about taking the risk of the realtime feel. Now, you have to nail those animations too. Sometimes you'll see a guy run then stop to an abrupt walk and then turn quickly.

What I like about this game is that it is Visual Concept's. By that I don't mean I like that they are developing it. I mean you can see it is Visual Concepts that is developing it. It's sort of like hearing a song written by a particular songwriter and you think.."That sounds like..."

I keep saying it, but I really feel like this game is the equivalent of NFL 2K4, a game that showed what potential that franchise had but was just s little shy of hitting that high note. No doubt, VC has taken this game and set it in a positive path.

# 43 Jistic @ 02/14/09 09:43 PM
Why were the Rockies in the dugout so upset that they won the game?

# 44 Marino @ 02/14/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Why were the Rockies in the dugout so upset that they won the game?
I think it is because they know they still wont contend in the West.

# 45 lnin0 @ 02/15/09 12:15 AM
Nice to see a couple dirty uniforms. Great presentation. Post game wrap up. CPU seemed to work the count better in that video. Also thought there was some nice hit variety. Best video yet.

# 46 Asp86 @ 02/15/09 04:22 PM
Yeah, as previously posted... homerun ends up coming back through the wall. LOL!

# 47 mwjr @ 02/15/09 06:56 PM
I'm REEEEAALLY bothered by the way the 2nd baseman throws to 1B when he's turning a DP or fielding a throw from the pitcher.

It's very awkward-looking. He's looking at and facing home but throws it to 1B by throwing his arm across his body.

I hope that gets fixed.

# 48 sonnyleesmith @ 02/15/09 07:15 PM
Game is looking to make a buyer out of me. My biggest pet peeve is the helmets. The earflap looks like a donut was glued on to the helmet. I mean, what up with that?

I hope its something they can address before it goes gold.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.