Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. We've posted a few more screenshots as well, just to show off the zone hitting.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jerm21 @ 02/15/09 02:23 PM
WHAT IS THAT NOISE FROM THE CROWD at 1:11.

it drives me nuts. I don't know what it is but its always been in the previous games.

talking about crowd noise though, it was good in this video, maybe a little bit delayed reaction, but can't be perfect though!

# 22 King Gro23 @ 02/15/09 02:27 PM
BigL check out the all star game triple play & Rockies end of game vids
Talk about atmostphere listen to the crowd

# 23 elTodd @ 02/15/09 02:30 PM
I really liked how they cut to the lineup introduction after the pick-off attempt. And then when Steve Phillips mentioned Ryan Howard, they cut to him leaning on the rail in the dugout. Very nice.

# 24 King Gro23 @ 02/15/09 02:34 PM
I think the noise is good and The do stand well most stand when rollins pumps his fist after he scores but, they may die off too quick. It gets pretty loud after the ball lands and is heading towards the wall

# 25 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 02:48 PM
In reviewing all of these videos I would say that the crowd noise was appropriate for each game situation.

# 26 larma @ 02/15/09 03:00 PM
Thanks. I like what I see.

# 27 Jistic @ 02/15/09 03:09 PM
I'm just amazed at the commentary. It's so fluid. And this is these guys first year. It makes what EA does with NCAA football commentary shameful.

Also loved the arguing after the close play at first at the end of the inning.

I've seen nothing in any of these videos that are red flags.

Would love to see Steve do a full game with #4 starters.

# 28 bakesalee @ 02/15/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
WHAT IS THAT NOISE FROM THE CROWD at 1:11.

it drives me nuts. I don't know what it is but its always been in the previous games.

talking about crowd noise though, it was good in this video, maybe a little bit delayed reaction, but can't be perfect though!
A very genuine LOL at the noise at 1:11. After reading your post my only prediction was that it would be what I have come to know as "Dad........."

Since 2004 that's one of my favorite sayings from this game, a mysterious, uncalled for "Daaaaaadddd?!"

Dad?

Daaaaad?

# 29 DaveDQ @ 02/15/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
It's really cool to see a full dugout, players walking from the on-deck circle to the plate, etc, all rendered real-time.

I, too, notice the choppiness, though. I wonder if some of the twitchy transitions are a result of compression to video format, or if they're actually there.

Ideally, things would be smoother, but I like where this is going.
I think this game is doing what NBA did when it hit next-gen with players running and stopping awkwardly. In this video, after the pitcher gets hit, he jumps up from the hurt animation and it looks very odd. They are very nice but raw animations needing some polish.

The dugout stuff is nice though. It all reminds me of the sideline stuff NFL 2K5 did with players interacting etc. Very much the style of VC.

# 30 CMH @ 02/15/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
It's absurd that Jayson Werth still has a generic stance. I thought it was cool that MLB 09 has his signature style.

Anyway...

Personally, I feel every Phillie projected to start should have his signature style. After all, they are the world champs.
If you think Werth is absurd, look at Carlos Pena. He has a generic stance too.

# 31 HK-47 @ 02/15/09 05:18 PM
Didn't one of the devs say that the crowd will be even louder in the final build?I could have swore I read that in the 2k forums community chat with the devs thread.

Why don't Victorino,Werth,Coste and Pena have signature stances?They said they added 300+ more and yet they couldn't give these well known players their sig stance?

And enough with the east coast and central teams!Let's see some Angels,A's,Giants, and Dodgers...Ya know, baseball is played on the west coast too.

Angels vs A's in playoff mode ALCS

Giants vs Dodgers NLCS

Or Angels vs Giants in the World Series..Rematch of 02'!

# 32 jeffy777 @ 02/15/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Didn't one of the devs say that the crowd will be even louder in the final build?I could have swore I read that in the 2k forums community chat with the devs thread.
Yes, I remember reading that too

Quote:
Why don't Victorino,Werth,Coste and Pena have signature stances?They said they added 300+ more and yet they couldn't give these well known players their sig stance?
I agree. You figure they would've covered everyone who was in the World Series at least....

# 33 NumberOneRB @ 02/15/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
It may be possible that in this beta copy the developers hadn't put all the signature stances in just yet? This would be similar to what the SCEA developers were saying about how not all of the signature styles had been added to the beta we had seen in the recent Show videos.

Those developers asked that we be patient and wait for the final build before we make wrongful assumptions. I just wish the 2K developers were more involved on these forums because they could quell a lot of concerns some of us are having about the beta footage we're seeing.

# 34 brendanrfoley @ 02/15/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
It may be possible that in this beta copy the developers hadn't put all the signature stances in just yet? This would be similar to what the SCEA developers were saying about how not all of the signature styles had been added to the beta we had seen in the recent Show videos.
It's entirely possible. Adding an animation routine at the last moment isn't that hard and is done often.

# 35 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Having been at the SCEA event, this is absolutely true. For example, they had not finished the grass textures and were actually "fixing" things that we brought up while there.
So what we are seeing now is not the final product?

# 36 brendanrfoley @ 02/15/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So what we are seeing now is not the final product?
No, it's not.

The BETA code likely had to be pressed and shipped about a week and a half ago. MLB 2K9 likely doesn't go gold (code finalized and mass produced, packaged and sent to retailers) until the end of this week.

So, what you see here is about two weeks older than the final product.

# 37 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
No, it's not.

The BETA code likely had to be pressed and shipped about a week and a half ago. MLB 2K9 likely doesn't go gold (code finalized and mass produced, packaged and sent to retailers) until the end of this week.

So, what you see here is about two weeks older than the final product.
WOW, that is great news. I like just about everything I have scene so far but if things can look and sound better then it's only a plus.

# 38 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I believe he is joking.

Who is joking?

# 39 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I thought you were joking. I figure you knew that. I guess I was wrong.
I know next to nothing about how these games are created and the process they go through. Everything I'm learning I get from OS.

# 40 brendanrfoley @ 02/15/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I know next to nothing about how these games are created and the process they go through. Everything I'm learning I get from OS.
Eddie, just to clarify -- it takes about two weeks for a game to go gold and reach store shelves. Considering the developers held a chat with fans Friday, there's a chance the game may indeed be finished now.

Even if that's the case, what we're seeing here still had about a week to a week and a half to go before being final. Don't feel bad about not knowing, either.

I didn't learn the schedule until I was 19, in college, and drooling over each High Heat release.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.