Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, for the scoop.

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans, we’re back again with another (quick) update for Madden NFL 10. After talking about technology and philosophy for the past few weeks, we thought it was a good idea to actually show you a new feature this week. Now being that it’s so early in the year, we obviously can’t show big grandiose new features, so we wanted to show something that is in the game that came directly from community feedback and wishlists. It’s been a long time coming for this one...I’m stoked that we were finally able to get this in."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 alexsherry23 @ 02/17/09 01:09 PM
Very good news...1 solid step in the right direction....now make game plan more fun, in the mold of NCAA 09'

# 62 Vikes1 @ 02/17/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
the most important detail to me is the fact that they are listening,
Exactly.

For years the desire to have this addition and countless others fell on deaf ears.

We may just find out this year what a difference it makes when the leadership of this franchise actually listens, and really cares about the product with their name on it.

It's high time Madden flies on the shelves this August for reasons other than we have no other choice.

# 63 Jono078 @ 02/17/09 07:15 PM
Woohoo! I definitely see assisted tackles and half sacks on Sunday!

Also just on presentation, I know it's not final but just want to say already it's an improvement with the adding some colour into the menu, no more of that black and white crappy menus of the past few years!

# 64 cam21224 @ 02/18/09 02:29 AM
# 65 ewto16 @ 02/17/09 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224

i guess with the license set to expire soon EA is going to make a good strong game to build even more bigger down the line...finally my ea boys are getting it right this year and shout outs to the new madden team you guys have saved the franchise already with this awesome early work

By soon, you mean 2012?

Yea thats only 3 yrs buddy time doesnt stay still. Be honest with your self if EA had competition these past couple of years dont you think this nice add on that should of been in the game a long time ago be in the game already. Im a Madden fanboy and im not going to even mention the game that brought the light into my head of what a real sim football game should play feel and look like. I almost wanted to kiss the presentation in that game and we all should know what game that was. I wish this new team the best of luck of making this Madden franchise better I only wished they were hired 5 yrs ago because madden has really been sucking with the exception of a decent game last year that could have been slightly better with key features. Also I think someone has stated this already big brushing running backs such as Jacobs shouldnt go down everytime 2 players tackle him simulataneously or at the same time because guys like him and barber it usually takes almost 7 guys to get them down some times and we need better plie ups realistic plie ups and better goal line D

# 65 cam21224 @ 02/18/09 02:31 AM
ewto16 @ 02/17/09 08:36 AM

Yea thats only 3 yrs buddy time doesnt stay still. Be honest with your self if EA had competition these past couple of years dont you think this nice add on that should of been in the game a long time ago be in the game already. Im a Madden fanboy and im not going to even mention the game that brought the light into my head of what a real sim football game should play feel and look like. I almost wanted to kiss the presentation in that game and we all should know what game that was. I wish this new team the best of luck of making this Madden franchise better I only wished they were hired 5 yrs ago because madden has really been sucking with the exception of a decent game last year that could have been slightly better with key features. Also I think someone has stated this already big brushing running backs such as Jacobs shouldnt go down everytime 2 players tackle him simulataneously or at the same time because guys like him and barber it usually takes almost 7 guys to get them down some times and we need better plie ups realistic plie ups and better goal line D

# 66 ewto16 @ 02/18/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
# 65 ewto16 @ 02/17/09 08:36 AM
Quote:

i guess with the license set to expire soon EA is going to make a good strong game to build even more bigger down the line...finally my ea boys are getting it right this year and shout outs to the new madden team you guys have saved the franchise already with this awesome early work

By soon, you mean 2012?

Technically that is 4 more Maddens. Do you really think that EA feels threatened by what might potentially occur 4 more Maddens from now? No one at EA thinks that far ahead as has been proven by the development of Madden recently.

Besides, the NFL license is so expensive, no one but EA can afford it. It is going to stay an EA monopoly for a very long time going forward.

# 67 roadman @ 02/18/09 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
No one at EA thinks that far ahead as has been proven by the development of Madden recently.
This was the only statement that I disagreed with. I feel at this stage, Ian, Phil and the new team is thinking ahead. I get the feeling they want to put out the most realistic football game.

I can't say the same about the old development team.

# 68 destroyer @ 02/18/09 10:03 AM
LOL, they barely added half a sack and assisted tackles?

this should have been in since madden 94 lol

everyone in here gets all excited...

nfl2k had this when it first came out on the dreamcast

# 69 splanch @ 02/18/09 11:21 AM
focus on gameplay this year please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 70 splanch @ 02/18/09 11:23 AM
need to make a great nfl game or let 2k get the job done

# 71 Disqo @ 02/18/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizle
Yea, I'm hoping they're still foolin around with the menu/stats/etc.

Though I'm happy this is finally in the game, I don't think we should be going nuts. Half sacks have been in the NFL for around 25 years, and it's finally in the game.
Thats one of the reasons this news is meh to me, they are just getting it now any reason why it was not in before?

# 72 XtremeDunkz @ 02/18/09 02:22 PM
would you rather NOT have it now? Everyone knew it hasn;t been in madden, and they've heard the complaints on these boards, and that is why it's in now. What more do you want? No pleasing some people.

# 73 ewto16 @ 02/18/09 03:20 PM
I think some people are still looking for the news about Madden that is going to make them go "Wow!!!". Something really new, something really innovative, and something that wan't already in 2k or that should have been included years ago anyway.

Anything like that isn't going to be announced any time soon or in one of these little mini-features.

# 74 Disqo @ 02/18/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
would you rather NOT have it now? Everyone knew it hasn;t been in madden, and they've heard the complaints on these boards, and that is why it's in now. What more do you want? No pleasing some people.
Why was it not in before?

Yes this board has been instrumental in giving feedback, but c'mon do we really have to moan about such things before it is put in a game

Its cool they are in NOW, but things like Assisted Tackles and 1/2 Sacks and DB head turning, should not be touted as 'new features' and should not warrant mass hysteria seeing as they should be in the game already and have been in other games.

# 75 roadman @ 02/18/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disqo

Its cool they are in NOW, but things like Assisted Tackles and 1/2 Sacks and DB head turning, should not be touted as 'new features' and should not warrant mass hysteria seeing as they should be in the game already and have been in other games.
Are you saying people shouldn't be happy these little things are in now? It really doesn't matter if they should of could of been in the game and have been in other games. Why dwell in the past and not allow people to express themselves for the future?

I understand people, including myself weren't happy with the new gen Maddens. I'm also hoping with the interraction from Ian, Phil and other EA folks, 2010 will be a step in the right direction.

# 76 countryboy @ 02/18/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disqo
Why was it not in before?

Yes this board has been instrumental in giving feedback, but c'mon do we really have to moan about such things before it is put in a game

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

EA adds these things that people have asked for/complained about missing, and they receive backlash with the "big deal it was done in other games x amount of years ago"

EA doesn't add these things and they would catch backlash with the, "why wasn't this added, it was done in other games x amount of years ago"

Like I said, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Oh, and I don't see the "mass hysteria" you speak of

# 77 dbgameover @ 02/18/09 11:01 PM
when you do something good , no one knows if you done anything at all - God

(Futurama refrence for the unaware)

# 78 cedwebb @ 02/18/09 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

EA adds these things that people have asked for/complained about missing, and they receive backlash with the "big deal it was done in other games x amount of years ago"

EA doesn't add these things and they would catch backlash with the, "why wasn't this added, it was done in other games x amount of years ago"

Like I said, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Oh, and I don't see the "mass hysteria" you speak of
True..I don't think there has been any hysteria. The PA announcement was big cause it was the first stuff released and it was during the Super Bowl. I for one am glad we are getting at least some info where last year at this time there was just a bunch of speculation and wishlists. This year we actually get a look under the hood as we go along which makes for some great interaction and feedback on the board. I agree we should have had it but we didn't so whatever...we have it now!

# 79 cam21224 @ 02/19/09 07:39 AM
(Technically that is 4 more Maddens. Do you really think that EA feels threatened by what might potentially occur 4 more Maddens from now? No one at EA thinks that far ahead as has been proven by the development of Madden recently.

Besides, the NFL license is so expensive, no one but EA can afford it. It is going to stay an EA monopoly for a very long time going forward. )

ewto16 you seemed thrilled at the fact of the bs madden lovers have been going through for god sake they bought up all these licenses and yet have we seen presentation like 2k5 in Madden at all and still nothing 5 yrs later nothing at all. 2k didnt even have the license and showed espn sportcenter replays of other games half-time showing score of other games with videos and highlights to go with it and they had Chris Berman accurate on the money and were in the next-gen faze and we still have nothing what makes it sadder is they dont even use the espn license for nothing more then a ticker to show scores straight up bs. The he** with new feautres blah blah etc....give everybody what they want which is exactly what we see on sunday, some reporters on the sidelines doing lil small segmients, refs on the field towers etc... the whole sha bang and a well deserved presentation also have the stars stand out among the weak and be able to game plan a week before you face your opponet in franchise mode to strategize against there weaknesses and how to take there star player out the game well minimize the damage he can do on the field thats all we really want. Any who i know none of this is the new madden teams fault but hey EA as a company needs to step it up and stop trying to be like my beloved NY Yankees and buy everything on the market.

# 80 cam21224 @ 02/19/09 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Technically that is 4 more Maddens. Do you really think that EA feels threatened by what might potentially occur 4 more Maddens from now? No one at EA thinks that far ahead as has been proven by the development of Madden recently.

Besides, the NFL license is so expensive, no one but EA can afford it. It is going to stay an EA monopoly for a very long time going forward.
ewto16 you seemed thrilled at the fact of the bs madden lovers have been going through for god sake they bought up all these licenses and yet have we seen presentation like 2k5 in Madden at all and still nothing 5 yrs later nothing at all. 2k didnt even have the license and showed espn sportcenter replays of other games half-time showing score of other games with videos and highlights to go with it and they had Chris Berman accurate on the money and were in the next-gen faze and we still have nothing what makes it sadder is they dont even use the espn license for nothing more then a ticker to show scores straight up bs. The he** with new feautres blah blah etc....give everybody what they want which is exactly what we see on sunday, some reporters on the sidelines doing lil small segmients, refs on the field towers etc... the whole sha bang and a well deserved presentation also have the stars stand out among the weak and be able to game plan a week before you face your opponet in franchise mode to strategize against there weaknesses and how to take there star player out the game well minimize the damage he can do on the field thats all we really want. Any who i know none of this is the new madden teams fault but hey EA as a company needs to step it up and stop trying to be like my beloved NY Yankees and buy everything on the market. PRESENTATION & GAMEPLAY/ONLINE-FRANCHISE should be way at the top of the board for the new team developing Madden I sure hope it is other wise were getting the same old madden with better graphics and new-feautres well new things that should of been in this game already. I guess the old team were not big football fans cause they sure didnt know what was exactly in football. I guess they had the NBA live crew work on madden while they work on Live lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.