Home
Forza Motorsport 3 News Post

VG247

Quote:
"VG247 has learned that Microsoft intends to release Forza 3 as one of its major 360 titles this holiday.

The game has never been confirmed by the company, although it was heavily involved in the Intellisponse leak fiasco last June.

Intellisponse marketing concepts hinted that the game may feature a Collector’s Edition, DLC, over 100 tracks and 400 cars."

Turn 10 Weekly Pit Pass Report

Quote:
"All this blood and sweat translate into what anyone here at Turn 10 can download to our Xbox 360s on a daily basis -- ever-improving builds of our new game, which, isn't just shaping up to be greedy handfuls of eyecandy, but is also proving to be really fun and addictive as well. In fact, the test team has already thrown down the gauntlet here at Turn 10 with weekly challenges to find out who's the fastest in the studio. Trust me, it's not a challenge to be taken lightly around here and folks have been taking turns stepping up to the task in the team space and setting lap times in the public team space with force feedback wheel in hand. Me? I'm hungry for more eyecandy. Every new build brings delicious new ways to consume the gorgeous assets in the game. Too much of a good thing? Pfft... yeah right.

But we here at Turn 10 also live in dual-realities. On the one hand, we're working hard on our new game. Lots of cool stuff happening behind the scenes and awesome features are getting implemented here and watching the project evolve in real-time before my eyes makes me feel really privileged."

Game: Forza Motorsport 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Forza Motorsport 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Fresh Tendrils @ 02/16/09 11:07 PM
Can't wait for this. I just started playing the career again going for achievements and trying to get some good pictures.

The one thing that I want to pick up Grid for over Forza are the drifting races.

Kind of off-topic, but how do you get photo-realistic pictures of the cars without using photoshop? I'm talking about these types of pictures:http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/1659544.aspx

# 2 br329 @ 02/17/09 10:30 PM
Awesome news! I really liked Forza 2 but there could be alot of improvement from Forza 3.

# 3 Flawless @ 04/30/09 03:49 PM
More fuel to the fire.

CVG

Quote:
Microsoft's worst kept secret, Forza Motorsport 3, has been semi-officially revealed during a briefing at its Brazilian headquarters in Sao Paulo.

As you can see from the video below, a partially covered logo that's unmistakably Forza appears in the platform holder's line-up for 2009. You can see it about 6:58 in the video.

The third instalment in the Turn 10 racing series is far from a secret though, as details on the game were leaked last summer, followed by yet another leak earlier this year with artwork from the game.

According to the smuggled details Forza 3 will include over 100 tracks and 400 cars on a two-disc set. We'll almost definitely see more at E3 in June. If we don't, we'll eat the office. All of it.
The speaker mentions Forza and the crowd cheers too.

# 4 Fresh Tendrils @ 04/30/09 04:09 PM
2 discs? Nice. I can't wait for it.

# 5 Moshood @ 04/30/09 04:34 PM
**** yeah. That's all I have to say.

# 6 bkfount @ 04/30/09 11:39 PM
two disks won't matter as long as the 2nd disk is just stuff that can be installed to the HDD while you play with the 1st disk.

But regardless, **** YES! I'm still amazed at how turn 10 will have put two current gen racing titles out, while GT5 may or may not release this Christmas as well.

# 7 baumy300 @ 05/01/09 04:58 PM
Can't wait for this. I remember a long time ago some info was leaked and it did confirm the 2 discs plus drifting and check point races, along with the possibility of trucks

I wish they had a tough truck competition and the ability to mod them as well as SUV's.

# 8 Fresh Tendrils @ 05/01/09 11:14 PM
Did you say drifting? I love the drifts.

# 9 baumy300 @ 05/02/09 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Did you say drifting? I love the drifts.
Yes. I read somewhere (long ago actually) that some information was supposedly leaked and that it would be a 2-disc set (which seems true so far) and that there would be checkpoint races along with drift and drag races. Also the possibility of trucks. So far the 2-disc prediction seems to be correct, so let's hope the rest of the info is legit!

# 10 Flawless @ 05/02/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yes. I read somewhere (long ago actually) that some information was supposedly leaked and that it would be a 2-disc set (which seems true so far) and that there would be checkpoint races along with drift and drag races. Also the possibility of trucks. So far the 2-disc prediction seems to be correct, so let's hope the rest of the info is legit!
Yep

# 11 Fresh Tendrils @ 05/02/09 03:39 PM
Awesome. I liked playing GriD, but the only thing that I would make me play GriD over Forza were the drifting races. I love em - ever since NFS: U2 I've been hooked.

# 12 U824942 @ 05/03/09 01:54 PM
Sounds good......I don't mind the 2 disc part, no problem with that. I would like to see a couple of things implemented in Forza3:

1. The replay view - Not always great angles. I'd like a "TV" mode - as if you were watching the race on tv.

2. More in - depth tuning aids & options: I'd like to see a chart/graph of my practice (and hell, include it in the race during playback) to show where I have exceeded max loads for my setup; I'd also like to be able to replay my practice runs (instead of going over to the arcade-free run and run a couple of proctice laps to see my tire temps, shocks, etc.)

3. At least one or more real world series: I'd like to run in the Rolex Sports Cars Series (Cut the races down to 1-2 hours) or the American LeMan Series - multiple car classes on the track at the same time. How about an off-road segment (this is next gen, after all)

4. Create a race / Create a series: One of the things I loved about GT2/GT3 was the ability, after reacing a certain level, you could create your own race or series of races. Since Forza2 has different drivers, I would like to customize my cars, assign them to drivers, and race against them.

Sorry about turning the post into a "What I'd Like to see for Forza 3"

4. Create your own race:

# 13 U824942 @ 05/03/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I'd love to know how many cars will be on the grid per race. 8 cars on grid does not a racing simulator make.
Agreed -it would be nice to have at least 16 or more.

# 14 Spectre @ 05/03/09 05:19 PM
Drifting? Awesome

Two discs isn't a huge deal- I remember doing it with GT and I didn't even think twice about it.

Just improve the single player portion of this game and I'll be in nirvana. Good thing my school life will start slowing down big time in December- with this and the ton of other good games coming out in Fall/Winter, I'm gonna be glued to my TV.

# 15 Roggie @ 05/04/09 08:34 AM
I've just started playing Forza 2 again and I'm hooked. This news just told me what I'm asking for for Christmas. And 100+ tracks? Awesome. I'm bored of the same tracks on F2.

# 16 br329 @ 05/04/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I've just started playing Forza 2 again and I'm hooked. This news just told me what I'm asking for for Christmas. And 100+ tracks? Awesome. I'm bored of the same tracks on F2.
I agree man! As much as I love Laguna Seca I get bored after the 100 time. And I want to see more then 8 cars. make it atleast 16.

# 17 Roggie @ 05/06/09 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br329
I agree man! As much as I love Laguna Seca I get bored after the 100 time. And I want to see more then 8 cars. make it atleast 16.
Exactly. It almost feels like I can run some tracks with my eyes closed...

# 18 Hellisan @ 05/06/09 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Exactly. It almost feels like I can run some tracks with my eyes closed...
Yeah but can you do it fast.... lol

Well my thoughts are that 1) I'm pumped and 2) I'm wondering if this game will have the necessary improvements to the actual racing that it needs. I think it is actually more realistic than Race Pro in a LOT of ways, but Race Pro has better feedback and you feel more connected to the track. Also, I don't think there's any way that they can include all these cars and still have an in-car view. Which I think is definitely superior to the current available views.

# 19 Flawless @ 05/06/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah but can you do it fast.... lol

Well my thoughts are that 1) I'm pumped and 2) I'm wondering if this game will have the necessary improvements to the actual racing that it needs. I think it is actually more realistic than Race Pro in a LOT of ways, but Race Pro has better feedback and you feel more connected to the track. Also, I don't think there's any way that they can include all these cars and still have an in-car view. Which I think is definitely superior to the current available views.
I will be disappointed if Forza 3 doesn't have a cockpit view. I'm hopeful we get a TOCA style cockpit view that Dan Greenawalt mentioned in the past.

Quote:
Apparently we're not going to receive a cockpit view this time around but will there be a bonnet view? This was probably the only camera complaint I had about Forza 1.

Personally, I think GT Legends on the PC has the best implementation, especially when combined with TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/). In GT Legends you can use TrackIR to look down at your virtual feet and watch the driver use the clutch – simply incredible. However, I like the default cockpit view to be more forward and focused like TOCA. Again personally, I don't want to see the wheel and the dashboard when I'm racing. I want to see the A-Pillar, top couple centimetres of the dash/wheel and the windshield.

From a design perspective, cockpit view can be cool for several reasons - all depending on the implementation: 1) it can better emulate a real driving perspective and audio, thus it can be more immersive, 2) it can give the player better car to environment context, 3) using camera movement, it can provide a better sense of accelerative gravitational forces and "seat-o-the-pants" driving, 4) it can provide a player a chance to test drive a rare car that he/she would never get to in real-life.

On the other hand, in car view isn't all roses: 1) Like disabling Transmission, ABS and Traction Control assists, it makes driving more difficult, 2) unlike disabling Transmission, ABS and Traction Control assists, taking the added difficulty does not carry any potential for better lap times, 3) Up-res'ing one interior could take as much time as adding one new car to the game and we have 300 cars that would need the up-res'ed interiors, 4) Forza features a Weight Reduction Upgrade that would require us to build multiple high polygon versions of most interiors for each upgrade level.

# 20 Kruza @ 05/06/09 09:37 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath to anticipate having an in-car view in Forza 3. After all the complaints/pleads/cravings by many people during development of Forza 2 to have it after this feature was bypassed in the original Forza, there was no excuse for Forza 2 to not have it... yet Forza 2 releases and our requests weren't answered. I expect the same thing to happen to Forza 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U824942
3. At least one or more real world series: I'd like to run in the Rolex Sports Cars Series (Cut the races down to 1-2 hours) or the American LeMan Series - multiple car classes on the track at the same time. How about an off-road segment (this is next gen, after all)
Good idea. I'd love to see ALMS events included on Forza 3 along with Rolex Sports Cars Series.

Also, bring back Rio de Janeiro, Blue Mountains Raceway (Bathurst) and the long New York street circuits. For some odd reason all of these tracks were included in the original Forza but not Forza 2. And don't forget The Ring -- Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Kruza

« Previous1234567892324Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.