Home
Forza Motorsport 3 News Post

VG247

Quote:
"VG247 has learned that Microsoft intends to release Forza 3 as one of its major 360 titles this holiday.

The game has never been confirmed by the company, although it was heavily involved in the Intellisponse leak fiasco last June.

Intellisponse marketing concepts hinted that the game may feature a Collector’s Edition, DLC, over 100 tracks and 400 cars."

Turn 10 Weekly Pit Pass Report

Quote:
"All this blood and sweat translate into what anyone here at Turn 10 can download to our Xbox 360s on a daily basis -- ever-improving builds of our new game, which, isn't just shaping up to be greedy handfuls of eyecandy, but is also proving to be really fun and addictive as well. In fact, the test team has already thrown down the gauntlet here at Turn 10 with weekly challenges to find out who's the fastest in the studio. Trust me, it's not a challenge to be taken lightly around here and folks have been taking turns stepping up to the task in the team space and setting lap times in the public team space with force feedback wheel in hand. Me? I'm hungry for more eyecandy. Every new build brings delicious new ways to consume the gorgeous assets in the game. Too much of a good thing? Pfft... yeah right.

But we here at Turn 10 also live in dual-realities. On the one hand, we're working hard on our new game. Lots of cool stuff happening behind the scenes and awesome features are getting implemented here and watching the project evolve in real-time before my eyes makes me feel really privileged."

Game: Forza Motorsport 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Forza Motorsport 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 U824942 @ 05/09/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
I wouldn't hold my breath to anticipate having an in-car view in Forza 3. After all the complaints/pleads/cravings by many people during development of Forza 2 to have it after this feature was bypassed in the original Forza, there was no excuse for Forza 2 to not have it... yet Forza 2 releases and our requests weren't answered. I expect the same thing to happen to Forza 3.

Good idea. I'd love to see ALMS events included on Forza 3 along with Rolex Sports Cars Series.

Also, bring back Rio de Janeiro, Blue Mountains Raceway (Bathurst) and the long New York street circuits. For some odd reason all of these tracks were included in the original Forza but not Forza 2. And don't forget The Ring -- Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Kruza
Agreed w/ all of the old tracks - I loved the Blue Mountain Speedway; very technical and you had to have a good setup or you weren't wining. I jut watched the Rolex Sportscar series @ Virginia International Raceway (VIR) - what a great track and the signature oak (? Maple?) at turn 21 (?) is excellent (double apex turn onto a straightaway w/ a big f***ing tree on the inside of the second apex) - nice looking track. Don't know why they couldn't add that one.....

# 22 raidersbball20 @ 05/09/09 05:07 PM
i am so excited for forza 3, it is going to be awesome

# 23 Flawless @ 05/13/09 09:43 PM
New Forza 3 Wheel Showing At E3?

Quote:
If for some reason you weren't expecting Microsoft to show off Forza Motorsport 3 for the Xbox 360 at this year's E3 expo, start expecting it.

German racing wheel maker Fanatec says its new Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel controller, the one built with Forza 3 in mind, has entered pre-production and will be shown at E3 next month, hinting that it will be tied to the next Turn 10 Studios racer.

What's more interesting is why the wheel appears to have been slower in getting to production.

"It took a little bit longer than expected but Microsoft wanted us to support a new feature for Forza 3," writes Fanatec company rep Thomas Jackermeier. Wonder what that could be?

While the game hasn't yet been officially announced, its existence was not-so-subtly hinted at recently.

# 24 CaptainZombie @ 05/13/09 09:52 PM
It's nice to see that 1 company is releasing the latest version of their racing sim. By the time we see GT5, it will be 2011. I can't wait to see Forza 3 in June.

# 25 Kruza @ 05/14/09 08:23 AM
I'm guessing that clutch pedal support will be the new feature added to the Fanatec wheel controller for Forza 3, which would be very nice.

Kruza

# 26 CM Hooe @ 05/14/09 09:26 AM
Not a huge racing buff, but I enjoyed Forza 2 and will be keeping a close eye on this.

# 27 OnlookerDelay @ 05/14/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
I will be disappointed if Forza 3 doesn't have a cockpit view.
I will also be disappointed, but there's something else I won't be... a Forza 3 owner. I learned my lesson from Forza 2; as good as it was in so many departments, the lack of a cockpit view killed it for me.

Quote:
I'm hopeful we get a TOCA style cockpit view that Dan Greenawalt mentioned in the past.
I would settle for a TOCA 2/TOCA 3 style cockpit view for Forza 3. It gives me sense of being in a vehicle and helps me put the space my car is occupying in perspective!

# 28 Flawless @ 05/18/09 12:13 PM
Prima Guide for Forza 3 was up on Amazon, but has since been pulled. It's up on this UK site with a release of September 30, 2009.

# 29 Hellisan @ 05/20/09 11:50 PM
Can anyone explain what the TOCA cockpit view is? I didn't play that one...

# 30 Kruza @ 05/21/09 09:37 AM
It's a detailed in-car view where the player can see much of the dashboard on the driver's side along with the driver's hands on the steering wheel, the gearbox and stuff.

Kruza

# 31 Flawless @ 05/21/09 02:58 PM
I don't really care if the interiors aren't meticulously detailed, I just want an in-car view, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for it.

Something like the old Colin McRae games would be fine.

# 32 bkfount @ 05/21/09 03:48 PM
Dirt, PGR4, and Test Drive Unlimited all had detailed in car views that had the driver's hands steering and shifting. I'll be disappointed if Forza 3 doesn't get it.

I also don't care about using a wheel, as in Forza 2, it probably made you worse than people using a controller.

# 33 Flawless @ 05/22/09 03:38 PM
Forza 3 Le Mans Announcement 12th June 09?

Quote:
Will Forza 3 include this famous circuit, and be announced on the 12th June, the day before the famous race? My educated guess is – YES. And it will be announced after the title has most likely been “officially confirmed” at E3.

The 24 HEURES DU MANS is run on the 13 – 14th June, so the date on the image fits in perfectly with pre-race announcements.

Thanks to our affiliate lvl2gamer we have this neat image of the track with the date “save the date” embedded on it.

Well I can assure you, you WILL know about Forza 3 before the 12th June from OXCGN. We have an appointment with MS when we land in LA on four “secret games” to be announced during E3, and I’m 99% certain that Forza 3 is amongst those four titles.

I know that certain art assets have arrived at a Sydney firm for work to be begun on the confirmation of “certain titles”. This usually has a 3-4 month lead up window before release, making it around the November period, which would fit in with my predictions of a Nov 11-12th Release date for Forza 3 (OXCGN’s prediction for release, not an official statement).

The Le Mans announcement will be to confirm that Forza 3 will have it as part of the itinerary for the game, and most likely an integral part of the game’s career mode . . most likely. That would be around 1 week after E3, which gives them plenty of mileage post E3, and a secondary boost after that to stretch it further.

All makes for good marketing strategy actually.

It would make perfect sense to have it at Le Mans, giving the game 3 full days, including the day of the announcement, to be in the world’s eye. It would be a perfect launching pad (excuse the pun) for the game, with E3 still hot on the gaming press, ensuring it has further public (as well as gamer) notice.

Being a car nut and fan, I’d have my money on the track being included, and that it will be announced at E3 and at the pre-race events for Le Mans. But I’m not a gambling man, so don’t take me up on a proper bet – just yet.

OXCGN will be involved with some local (Aust/NZ) promotions for the game, whenever it is launched, which will be with a major Auto Show promoter here in the Asia Pacific region. So please stay posted for that as well.

The race was made even more famous in 1971 when actor and racing driver Steve McQueen drove the race in a rather dry but action packed movie called, Le Mans. If you want some old thrills and spills, get it out for nostalgia.

Rest assured, OXCGN will be up to its elbows in grease with Forza 3. Right in there wiyth the promotions, news and competitions – Oh, I didn’t mention the OXCGN Forza 3 Competitions – did I !? Damn.

More on that in the next update.

# 34 Kruza @ 05/22/09 04:42 PM
So Forza 3 is going to have the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe? That would be great news if true. Along with the current revision of this track, I wonder if the early version of Circuit de la Sarthe will be included in Forza 3 like it was for GRID. For those who don't know, I'm referring to the pre-1970s version where the 4-mile Mulsanne Straight had no chicanes (!!).

Kruza

# 35 CM Hooe @ 05/22/09 05:08 PM
Have any games actually had the 24-hour race competition at Le Mans in them? I'm thinking that that would make for a great online contest for this game, should the track and event be included.

# 36 Kruza @ 05/22/09 05:31 PM
Test Drive Le Mans for the Dreamcast had a real-time 24-hour race mode. Unfortunately, there hasn't been anything since that game that truly nailed that mode.

Anyway, that made it sweet on TD LM was that it was possible to alternate racing in that mode with other people who had the game along with SegaNet plus a reliable internet connection. Myself and two other people had took turns finishing the entire race. I started the 24-hour race, then saved and quit at the first pit stop (after completing Lap 20), uploaded the file on SegaNet and told those guys the name of our TD LM game file. The next guy simply downloads it from SN to their VMU and continue the race and inform everyone of which lap the game was saved at before uploading. Wash, rinse, and repeat this sequence until finish. It was almost like a real Le Mans race situation that real life teams do sharing race duties among three drivers, but we just alternated after a single pit stop instead of going several hours before changing. Great experience.

Kruza

# 37 VDusen04 @ 05/23/09 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I will also be disappointed, but there's something else I won't be... a Forza 3 owner. I learned my lesson from Forza 2; as good as it was in so many departments, the lack of a cockpit view killed it for me.

I would settle for a TOCA 2/TOCA 3 style cockpit view for Forza 3. It gives me sense of being in a vehicle and helps me put the space my car is occupying in perspective!
I am in the same boat. I am just fickle enough of a racefan to have that be a decider for me. I am not a very hardcore racer and the in-car camera creates the experience for me in games like DiRT.

# 38 Hellisan @ 05/26/09 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
I don't really care if the interiors aren't meticulously detailed, I just want an in-car view, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for it.

Something like the old Colin McRae games would be fine.

I think I'd actually prefer that. It's more immersive, reminds me more of what I'm seeing when I drive my car. You never look at your gear shifter, etc. Hell I never even notice my hands. I think our eyes naturally "zoom in" if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Dirt, PGR4, and Test Drive Unlimited all had detailed in car views that had the driver's hands steering and shifting. I'll be disappointed if Forza 3 doesn't get it.

I also don't care about using a wheel, as in Forza 2, it probably made you worse than people using a controller.
Something those titles also had was a helluva lot fewer cars, right?

I agree on the controller issue. I was an excellent driver in Forza 2, one of the Top 25 to Top 50 drivers, and the controller gave me perfect control of the car. There were a few excellent wheel drivers including KimiMatt, one of the Top 10 drivers, but not many.

# 39 Flawless @ 06/01/09 03:33 PM
Coming this October. The E3 trailer showed a cockpit view and car roll overs.

# 40 br329 @ 06/01/09 04:32 PM
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/fm3_factsheet.htm

Over 400 cars and 115 tracks! EPIC! Plus Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.