Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one showing off the "Zone Hitting" and the top 3 plays.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MattNYY @ 02/16/09 08:30 PM
Is this the same game as the other d-back giant video? And if it is then i guess the progressive lighting works really well!

# 2 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 08:32 PM
Love weak grounder after trying to pull that outside pitch. Also did I hear the 3rd baseman call of the SS to start that DP? Also finally saw a different DP Animation from the 2B.. Nice..

Also look like Webb was on his game.. Good Stuff

# 3 Steve_OS @ 02/16/09 08:32 PM
Yup, same game.

# 4 JoshCA916 @ 02/16/09 08:36 PM
wow zone hitting looks like it could end up being quite a challenge, here is hoping they let us choose just this style of hitting for online leagues

# 5 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, same game.
Nice pitchers duel Steve.

# 6 texbuk84 @ 02/16/09 08:38 PM
this looks awesome. we get it in store on the 23rd of this month( i work at gamestop) i cant wait to play it.

# 7 The Living Legend @ 02/16/09 08:42 PM
Ok im confused on the hitting, is the zone hitting the grey ball in the begging at bat, and then switches to cursor hitting?

Cause i thought the icon is for cursor hitting..

Also loved the overlays and the music for top 3 plays, and loved how the crowd stood up seperatly as the ball went out of the park very cool. Nice DP animations there, hopefully there is not to many of those, seems it might be to easy for it, especially without take out slides.

# 8 SoxFan01605 @ 02/16/09 08:43 PM
Looks alright. Not a fan of their bright giant indicators though (accross the board...what's the obsession with bright yellow?...lol).

Any option to turn that off Steve?

# 9 RedLine @ 02/16/09 08:46 PM
Thanks for the new videos Steve with the zone hitting. That does look challenging and it's nice to have this new hitting option. However, the big yellow bat does make it look a little busy.

Also, I like the new post game wrapup and the options to show the Top 3 plays, Great Grabs, and Signature Highlights. Big improvement over last year.

Overall I think VC has done a good job raising the bar on the presentation values in this game.

Just waiting for the demo now so we can try it out!

# 10 duke776 @ 02/16/09 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the videos, screens, and info Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Love weak grounder after trying to pull that outside pitch. Also did I hear the 3rd baseman call of the SS to start that DP? Also finally saw a different DP Animation from the 2B.. Nice..

Also look like Webb was on his game.. Good Stuff
I'm pretty sure that was Thorne that said "Got it!"

# 11 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Thanks for all the videos, screens, and info Steve!

I'm pretty sure that was Thorne that said "Got it!"
Listen to it again duke, the voices are different.

# 12 jeffy777 @ 02/16/09 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Ok im confused on the hitting, is the zone hitting the grey ball in the begging at bat, and then switches to cursor hitting?

Cause i thought the icon is for cursor hitting.
The dark grey circle at the beginning of that at bat is the Batter's Eye that is used to try to guess the pitch location similar to how it was in 2K8, 2K7, etc

Then the cursor that looks like a bat is what you use once the pitch is thrown to try and hit the ball as it crosses the plate by lining up the cursor with the location of the ball.

# 13 jeffy777 @ 02/16/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Looks alright. Not a fan of their bright giant indicators though (accross the board...what's the obsession with bright yellow?...lol).

Any option to turn that off Steve?
It's quite smilar to the cursor used in Pro Yakyuu Spirits, except for the yellow color, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ICO...ure=related%22

I just wish it were more transparent........

# 14 BadKermit @ 02/16/09 09:01 PM
I wanted to see where off the "bat" Renteria hit the ball, so I got the following screencap:

He swung early and on top of the ball, and rolled weakly out to the SS. Seems like a pretty realistic result to me. Pretty cool.

# 15 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It is Thorne he is just excited. Listen to it again.

I don't know I've listen to it like 10 times now.

You hear Thorne say:

Ground ball to short, then the 3B cuts the SS off & you hear "Got-It" (in a different voice) then you hear Thorne say 1 after the ball gets to 2nd & then you hear him say 2 after the ball gets to 1st

# 16 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
it is him. He just gets excited.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this-1

# 17 Bwnarrow3 @ 02/16/09 09:09 PM
I have a question about user hitting. It was mentioned in some of the early previews that there would be a color indicator for each pitch thrown by the opposing pitcher. It seems as if there is a such thing from the videos that I have been watching, but the color only appears after the pitch has reached the catchers glove. I have noticed that a cutter is blue, a fastball is green, and a curve is red. However, I would like to know if there is a way to turn on the color indicator while the pitch is being delivered and not waiting until after it is grabbed by the catcher.

Does that make sense?

# 18 Eddie1967 @ 02/16/09 09:10 PM
Looks great, the animations, pitching motion, fielding, etc. The atmosphere in this game is second to none. The SHADOWS, the lighting is outstanding, the crowd participation, etc. etc. etc. No flaws for me, can't wait for this game.

# 19 jeffy777 @ 02/16/09 09:13 PM
Quote:
it is him. He just gets excited.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Thorne too....in a more excited voice

# 20 Skyboxer @ 02/16/09 09:14 PM
Steve, Any way I could get a shot (vid or screen) of the lowest availbe adjusted cam when batting? No biggie, just if you can.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.