Home
News Post

Here are the patch release notes.

Exploit fixes:

-Prevent players from entering games with attributes that are raised beyond the level they can reach with the card they are entitled to have. Players who have elevated their attributes this way should reset their character by changing the type and reassigning their points.
-Limit the size of human goalies in OTP/EASHL games to 6'4" (NOTE: it will still allow them to be set larger, but the actual height in game will not go above the new limit).
-Fixed some problems that could cause the game to hang or go out of sync when pausing.
- Prevent use of LB to get up instantly after being knocked over.
-Reduce accuracy of shooting while using vision control to skate backwards.
-Prevent high, accurate slap shots from in close to the net.

Other changes:

-Reduced the ease of beating the goalie on the short side.
-Decrease the tendency of the goalies to use a desperation save unnecessarily.
-Strict calling of interference, though you can still clear players directly in front of the net without getting called for interference.
-Added stick lift to Classic controls using LB+X(XBox) /L1+Square(PS3). It is also on R3 (press Right Stick).
-Fixed shot targeting using the Always Up control when skating down ice.
-Added new NHL rule to locate face- offs in the attacking zone to start a powerplay.
- Prevent CPU players from getting delay of game penalties frequently while clearing the puck from their zone.
- Prevent puck from being poke checked away from the goalie when he has it covered under his glove.
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the last man back, holding RT(Xbox)/R2(PS3)
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the goalie, holding LB+A(Xbox)/L1+X(PS3)
-Reduce the range of heights on randomly generated CPU players, including goalies.
-Eliminate the ability to accelerate and maintain high speed while stick lifting.
-More penalties for high sticking when stick lifts are done from behind the opponent.
-Made the colours of the OTP/EASHL indicators more distinct (yellow and orange).
-Made face-off outcomes slightly more random and slightly less dependent on attributes.
-Added assistance to prevent one-timer and shot attempts from leading to accidental hits and interference penalties.
-Goalie tuning to increase goal-scoring a bit to compensate for taking away the easy short-side high goals.
-Improve hit stat tracking to not count all of the small bumps in front of the net.
-Increased injuries caused by CPU teams.
-Prevent puck from being launched with very high speed following a hit.
-AI tuning for superstar. The Aggression slider now affects how intense the CPU team is on that difficulty level.

(http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....55804&#4755804)

NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Qb @ 03/03/09 08:17 AM
Since the PS3 patch has been out for a while now and the 360 one just came online, I'm going to unsticky this to avoid clutter. Thanks for your impressions everyone!

# 102 DrUrsus @ 03/03/09 10:32 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this since it says PS3 patch, but...

Since the 360 NHL Title Update #3 is out (the latest patch), I posted a link to the 360 patch in my Operation Sports blog for use with Xport / Xplorer 360 for those of you without Xbox Live. Please see my blog for details.

# 103 matt8204 @ 03/10/09 04:06 PM
Just got a chance to try out the new patch for PS3. Been crazy busy with work lately. I played an online game as the Rangers against the Islanders and won 4-1. Great goal variety (breakaway with Dubinsky, wrist shot high to the stick side from the bottom of the circle with Gomez, rebound off a goalmouth scramble with Naslund and a slapshot from the point with Redden) and I love the fact that you can no longer get away with checking guys into oblivion.

My opponent spent a good portion of the game trying to do nothing but check my guys into next week instead of playing good positional hockey and he gave up quite a few odd-man rushes as a result of his guys being out of position. He was also trying to set up the slot one-timer exclusively in the attack zone and didn't get many shots off. I outshot him 39-13. You've really got to mix it up now, be patient and set up good scoring chances.

# 104 Crown42Royal @ 03/10/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
uhhh crosby had 17 goals in his 48 games in real life this year...not that far off huh?
True, but Kennedy and Staal shouldn't have more goals the Crosby which is what has happened in my BAP, so that's unrealistic. I think a center rated 97 should probably lead the team in goals scored and not 5th like he is on my team.

Anyway, I have taken a break from this game for the time being as I just can't score after the patch. Maybe some time off will be good and I can change my approach when I do get back to the game.

# 105 matt8204 @ 03/11/09 12:09 PM
I'm liking the patch more and more; I played as the Devils vs. Chicago online last night. I jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead, then became undisciplined. I attempted too many big hits and put my defenders out of position as a result. I gave up a ton of point-blank chances and ended up losing 4-2. But it was my own fault for not playing smart positional hockey and not picking my spots better when looking to land a hard check. Earlier, I played as the Rangers vs. Pittsburgh and jumped out to a 3-0 lead on a guy who then quit. He was going for too many open-ice hits, which gave me a ton of odd-man rushes and he was looking for the perfect shot (i.e. one-timer in the slot) too often. I guess he realized that you can't play arcade-style anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.