Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another video from Major League Baseball 2K9. This one shows off the bottom of the 9th heroics from the Mariners.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/22/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Yes, i know were 2 outs, because the manager took the risk on pitching with 1 out, man on second base, with the 1st base open, I would like to see when a manager in the Major let that happnes, is a no brain situation and it is on the book of EVERY manager, as well switching the pitcher, who was at the plate on the final play, who was next? I read every year you guys finding a way to justify the gameplay problems on this game (is the demo, is the betta, is a video) then crying later when the "final version" finally arrives.
MLB 2K and Madden are franchises that need to be redone from scratch. That's how MVP born, after several failures with the Triple Play franchise.
No ones justifying anything, just pointing other reason of maybe why the CPU did what it did. I'm not an A's fan, but since Huston Street is gone maybe the CPU has Joey Divine as the Closer. Now what manager removes his closer after 1 batter because someone got on base?

# 82 MizzouRah @ 02/22/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I didn't read the whole thread, but I'd like to know why Ichiro was bunting.
Tie game, bottom of the 9th, no outs, man on 1st... I'd bunt Ichiro every time... of course I'm an NL guy.

# 83 MizzouRah @ 02/22/09 11:32 AM
1. Fans standing up the whole inning is great.
2. The real time camera shots are great.
3. I would have walked the next batter after Ichiro stole 2nd base to set up the double play.
4. Definitely would have brought in a LH pitcher to pitch to Branyan - if I didn't have a LH pitcher, I wouldn't have given him much to hit.
5. I was going to say the OF was playing too deep on that last hit, but there were two outs, so I'm fine with that.
6. Would be neat to see the crowd leaving the game after it's over and they pan out.
7. At 4:05, it looks like Branyan skates by on ice past the camera.

# 84 SoxFan01605 @ 02/22/09 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
If you dont have Gamefly I strongly recommended, I buy all my games from there, while you pay 60 for new games, you just get the games as rent from then, then keep the game for 45.00, in other words you buy the game for $45.00! as soon as you pay the extra money, they send you the next game available on your Gameq.
I usually buy the Sports Games, then rent the other games, but honestly, dont want to offense but this game is going to be a waste of time as always, I remember the good 2K3 and 2K4, but since then has been always a problem, I can live with dughtout same animations (some time wrong) with no celebrations, or bad graphics, but a baseball video game has to play as "baseball" not walking the hitter when Ishiro stole second, not throwing home, not calling a lefty against the lefty (all of this is on The Show) is like shooting a 2 points shoot when you need 3 in a basketball game with 1.0 second left or kinking a FG when you need a TD on FB game.
It's cool, I was just curious. I have a gamepass through blockbuster (I like the options for renting better) but yeah...having a "rent-to-buy" option is nice because you never have to get sucked into a bad game.

I'm purchasing The Show as well, but I'm definitely renting this game for the 360 and may eventually get it on the PC if all looks good on that route after some reviews and bugs/glitches are revealed.

# 85 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/22/09 06:50 PM
there was so many things wrong with this video it isnt even funny.

# 86 glcmustliveon @ 02/22/09 07:10 PM
Two things:
1) I hope Steve wanted to test out the bunting in this game (or meant to bunt for a base hit), because I don't think it's good baseball to sac bunt with your best hitter up in the ninth inning

2) As far as the lefty coming in out of the bullpen, are we sure there was a better pitcher in the bullpen. I don't think platoon matchups should completely dominate a managers decision, the quality of the two pitchers should matter as well.

# 87 Glenn33 @ 02/22/09 08:32 PM
I was ok with everything in the video....but I can't look past the end game celebration (or lack therof). You play the whole game for THAT moment and no celebration? No teamates going bananas at home plate? No Celebration for the guy who just hit a GWH in the bottom of the ninth. That really is bothersom.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.