Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Had a few misplays in this video of Major League Baseball 2K9 that I wanted to show you guys.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 02/21/09 12:41 PM
Don't know if I should point out the lighting again, but you can see it clear as day that the earlier video showed a nice bit of shadowing before the center field wall (and it was actually progressing quite seamlessly, with shots in innings 1 - 3), and once it hit the fourth inning with this video it seems to have completely gone in shade, or something.

If it's resolved for retail, then there's no problem here and we can "move along, folks."

# 2 sirwoodz @ 02/21/09 12:41 PM
Thanks for all these videos...question though - did you jack the errors slider up for the video?

# 3 bcruise @ 02/21/09 12:43 PM
I thought Felix was gonna drop another one at the end...

# 4 nemesis04 @ 02/21/09 12:44 PM
I liked the error on the hit to right field better because it was more believable as opposed to the one in left where it was totally random on a routine fly. Good to see the ball squirting away from the catcher.

On another note, I cannot believe how god awful that base running icon setup looks in the bottom right. They used to have a great setup there visually speaking. Those runners on rails remind me of old baseball board games.

# 5 ccameron @ 02/21/09 12:45 PM
Are you going to post more vids today?

These look nice

# 6 stealyerface @ 02/21/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I liked the error on the hit to right field better because it was more believable as opposed to the one in left where it was totally random on a routine fly. Good to see the ball squirting away from the catcher.

On another note, I cannot believe how god awful that base running icon setup looks in the bottom right. They used to have a great setup there visually speaking. Those runners on rails remind me of old baseball board games.
Did you notice how late he got himself set up to make the catch in the left field error? I am under the impression that not setting himself played a part in that error? I don't mind that as long as the guys are not dropping routine balls all game long.

syf

# 7 nemesis04 @ 02/21/09 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Did you notice how late he got himself set up to make the catch in the left field error? I am under the impression that not setting himself played a part in that error? I don't mind that as long as the guys are not dropping routine balls all game long.

syf
Yeah but he was still in the set position under the ball when it popped out. I would have liked if it happened while he was still running to make the attempt when it happened. I see what you are saying though. Also, I did not like that he just stood there after he dropped it, he never looked back towards it. Small details.

# 8 bcruise @ 02/21/09 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
classic orioles baseball. you guys realize that all happened with 2 outs in the same game right?
Adding former Cubs to your roster is probably not the best way to remedy that.

# 9 SPTO @ 02/21/09 12:58 PM
Pretty believable errors there. At least the ball squirting away from the catcher looks more natural then in previous versions of this game.

# 10 stealyerface @ 02/21/09 01:01 PM
Quote:
Yeah but he was still in the set position under the ball when it popped out. I would have liked if it happened while he was still running to make the attempt when it happened. I see what you are saying though. Also, I did not like that he just stood there after he dropped it, he never looked back towards it. Small details.
Maybe it was the footsteps from the CF making his way over, and not calling him off in time like the poster above said. If that is the case, I am cool with the misplay.

syf

# 11 nemesis04 @ 02/21/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
the call off fielder icon came up and he didnt call off the other fielder in time. That's what caused the left field error. I thought they were all pretty believable.
It said called off. No?

# 12 nemesis04 @ 02/21/09 01:07 PM
Quote:
yeah but he was coming in pretty fast there and wasnt called off until the last second, i could see that happening in real life and confusion occurring. The left fielder might have looked him off for a split second and just dropped the ball. I watched it again and it's more believable the 2nd time.
Okay, I will just be happy errors occur in the outfield. Something that really bothers me in the show.

# 13 stealyerface @ 02/21/09 01:13 PM
I would have loved to see the collision actually... I wonder what type of collision detection they have this year. Last year was pretty good for outfielders, so I wonder what they have in store for us this year?

# 14 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 01:19 PM
These last two videos are great, making me want more and more.

I wish i could sleep until march 3rd, get up, drive to gamestop and pickup my reserved copy.

# 15 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 02:06 PM
hello?

# 16 Blzer @ 02/21/09 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
hello?
Get off the freakin' blog comments section already!

# 17 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 02:09 PM
and why would i do that?

# 18 Yankees94 @ 02/21/09 04:31 PM
Quote:

To your second point...i feel the same way about the runners in the right corner..why would they but something like that in a game..my dad used to play a game that had the in it i forgot which one lol..but overall the video looks good but framrate still a problem for me(mabye its my comp)

# 19 Tomba @ 02/21/09 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
These last two videos are great, making me want more and more.

I wish i could sleep until march 3rd, get up, drive to gamestop and pickup my reserved copy.

The bears do it throughout the season so you could too technically

# 20 slimcranky @ 02/21/09 06:51 PM
The more I see the more i don`t like what i see.It is looking very much like last year.2 or 3 errors happening in 1 inning, pitcher composure going up the roof.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.