Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 dlasp66 @ 02/24/09 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Couple more things...

Game is still a user HR fest on default (I'm assuming this is default. I've now gone back-to-back-to-back on two separate occassions. 4 games-11 HRs....thant's almost a HR per inning played. I really have to hope the zone hitting is the answer. While the hitting feels pretty good actually, it's just too easy IMO.

It also feels to easy to strike guys out. The CPU is downright terrible at the plate. Maybe Dusty Baker stole the Iside Edge info and just put "No Walkie...must swing...lol." Very Aggressive CPU early in the count. They actually seem more patient late in the count, oddly enough.

I like what I've seen with the errors. Had Pena drop a ball that hit him right in the mit, had a hot shot that I bobbled and dropped (looked great too...realistic fumbling).

I also have seen a few (one by me) were I bobbled the ball and actually kicked it away. The best part was it seemed user controlled as it "kicked" with my controller movements. If this is the case, then color me impressed on that. The fielding is one aspect I prefer about 2K baseball...more user control.

Oh, and for Dorismary....no paperback at this time (still gauging the market...lol)
As far as you saying that its easy to strike out hitters, well the starting pitchers are cole hamels and scott kazmir who both have wicked stuff and are notorius strikeout pitchers; as for the HRs, ur gonna hafto teach me how to hit cuz i only had 1 in 3 games lol (i probably suck at hitting with the swing stick as i prefer classic hitting)

# 122 JoeRyan33 @ 02/24/09 08:23 AM
Anyone getting any screenshots?

# 123 dlasp66 @ 02/24/09 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I don't know about you guys but this is AWESOME! I love the ball physics when pitching and hitting. It is plays super smooth on my 50" Samsung Plasma. It looks great! Yes, there are little robotic animations here and there but over all it plays a really fun game of baseball. It just feels like a real broadcast.
I wish i could remove the strike zone indicator when piching because from this view i can't see what pitch my cather wants me to throw. I like to keep the pitch indicators off the screen unless i need them. Anyways back to another game before work. Great Job VC!
lol wait until the final build once there will be replays and a nifty postgame show, then ull feel like ur watching espn on that 50'' samsung (i wish i had an hdtv so bad)

# 124 thornie @ 02/24/09 08:23 AM
Just my luck, I wake up early to download and play the demo before work and it's "temporarily unavailable". WTF.

# 125 dlasp66 @ 02/24/09 08:24 AM
lol shoulda stayed up like the rest of us hahaha, im sorry to hear this

# 126 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlasp66
As far as you saying that its easy to strike out hitters, well the starting pitchers are cole hamels and scott kazmir who both have wicked stuff and are notorius strikeout pitchers; as for the HRs, ur gonna hafto teach me how to hit cuz i only had 1 in 3 games lol (i probably suck at hitting with the swing stick as i prefer classic hitting)
True, but remember, these are also two of the better lineups out there also. I think it's mostly attributed to the aggressiveness of the AI that we've all noticed in the videos. It's not horrible or anything (as I said, some patience later in the count, but it is noticeable and boy, do they LOVE to chase the slider...lol.

I do have a bit more hope for the pitching as the 2K8 option is still there (hopefully with the same improved stick responsiveness).

The hitting is just too easy to me (but I got pretty familiar with it over the last couple years too) at default.

We'll see. Tough to gauge performance off of 3-inning samples, so you've gotta take some of this stuff with a grain of salt.

# 127 JBucc @ 02/24/09 08:27 AM
Did they take it down or something?

edit: Nevermind. You have to select all downloads when you get too MLB 2k9's page.

# 128 dlasp66 @ 02/24/09 08:28 AM
Quote:
True, but remember, these are also two of the better lineups out there also. I think it's mostly attributed to the aggressiveness of the AI that we've all noticed in the videos. It's not horrible or anything (as I said, some patience later in the count, but it is noticeable and boy, do they LOVE to chase the slider...lol.

I do have a bit more hope for the pitching as the 2K8 option is still there (hopefully with the same improved stick responsiveness).

The hitting is just too easy to me (but I got pretty familiar with it over the last couple years too) at default.

We'll see. Tough to gauge performance off of 3-inning samples, so you've gotta take some of this stuff with a grain of salt.
lol they LOVE chasing the slider lol

# 129 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 08:30 AM
Another thing. Not sure if I'm liking the CPU pickoffs. They switch to a view of them looking at your runner well before they decide to throw. I actually got back by baby-stepping back to the bag (repeatedly pressing R trigger) after taking a HUGE lead...lol. I hope that's fixed...could end up being a cheap exploit. Kinda makes things disjointed.

# 130 mrj513 @ 02/24/09 08:35 AM
I'm going to give my general impressions of the demo and then my comparison to the competition's demo.

The game has obviously been re-made from scratch, it may be a distant cousin to past 2K games as the "stick play" is the main hold over. The player models look very similar in stlye to NBA2K basketball games. I had fun playing the game, more so than I did playing the competition's demo. The graphics of the field and stadium is very similar to the competition's as well, don't know if anyone noticed that....however, the presentation and commentary I strongly believe is better than the competition's and is the best that I have seen in a baseball game.

The style of presentation is very much like watching a baseball game broadcast as there were a plethora of camera angles shown showing various angles of the stadium and field.

The gameplay is the best available in my opinion based on the demo's, I HIT A FOUL BALL INTO MY DUGOUT AND 2 PLAYERS DUCKED OUT THE WAY THAT WERE SITTING ON THE BENCH!!
I believe for 3 innings of play, the gameplay is addictive, and will not become repetitive due to the pitching and fielding right stick play...pitching is fun, now you can solely concentrate on mastering each pitch's right stick formation.

Didn't care to see jaggies as you were shown a paneramic view of the stadium, but the competition has that issue as well. the shadow's are not as prominent as the competion, but overall, I really think that this game will be ateast just as good as the competion based on it's OWN strength's. THIS IS A WHOLE NEW GAME.....SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE TITLE OF THE GAME...LOL

# 131 thornie @ 02/24/09 08:36 AM
EDIT: nevermind, downloading now.

# 132 Bahnzo @ 02/24/09 08:37 AM
I'm impressed overall. I think with the right sliders, this will be a good game. Here's hoping that online plays as smooth as offline, and that we can have custom sliders in online league play.

I think it's also important to remember this is a demo and was probably put together long before the code was finalized.

# 133 Artman22 @ 02/24/09 08:40 AM
Quote:

I think it's because it's on easier difficulties. I think it's on Pro. I'm actually stricking guys out as well so i'm sure it's harder on the higher difficulties.

# 134 Mikocop @ 02/24/09 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Of course Percival throws a fastball down the middle in an 0-0 game for me using Howard to jack it out. Felt scripted.

They come out of dugout, around plate is a spread out fashion, Howard looks hilarious in a Benny Hill type jerky run, and that was it.

The animations need work. Just detracts from the game.

And every time I see Howard catch a ball at first, I swear he is going to slip a disc in his back or pull a hammy.

The controls, IMO, I thought 2K7 were a bit better. This just seems to lock you it too much. Or maybe I am just used to The Show now. For some reason it doesn't feel fluid.

As for ExtremeGamer, I agree, but you should also mention people should not jump on people, and accuse them of finding things wrong just to find things wrong. It is an impressions thread after all.
Ok Debbie downer....just stop playing.

# 135 jvega @ 02/24/09 08:49 AM
hey guys where do you download the demo ?

# 136 jvega @ 02/24/09 08:50 AM
hey can anyone help me im new

# 137 WVNCTN @ 02/24/09 08:51 AM
MS must have taken it down, I'm getting a message that says it's unavailable at this time, try again later.

# 138 ExtremeGamer @ 02/24/09 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvega
hey can anyone help me im new
Go to Xbox Live, it's on there, or read the thread, I posted a direct link to it 20 posts ago or so.

# 139 LVance @ 02/24/09 08:55 AM
Gaaah, what the!

# 140 WVNCTN @ 02/24/09 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
Same here. I am saddened and feel like someone stole my lollipop.
Me too. It is kinda like taking candy from a baby.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.