Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some more hit variations and defensive plays.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Craigsca @ 02/24/09 06:41 AM
Another great video - thanks! Nothing scientific about this observation, but didn't it seem like the majority of extra-base hits were to the opposite field?

Overall, however, a great variety here. I remain pleasantly surprised by 2K9.

# 2 Rhouston @ 02/24/09 07:26 AM
Speaking of extra-base hits, the one at around the 3:00 mark in no way should be a triple. There was a hit just like this in the All-Star game video that gave the same reaction. It's like the base runners squirted some of that Comcast High-Speed mystery goo into their shoes. A stand up double, maybe one that requires a slide, but a triple?

Like the vast majority of the posters Steve, I appreciate you taking the time to post all these videos, but I can't help but notice more and more wrong with the game as I watch each one. Don't get me wrong, I'm noticing a lot of improvements from 2K8, but still, the flaws in the videos, as a result, are diminishing my hype for this game more and more. Anyone else feel the same?

# 3 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/24/09 08:28 AM
I'm curious what difficulty the games on.

# 4 BigL @ 02/24/09 08:31 AM
The missing frames when the pitchers release the ball is really annoying. Any chance of this being fixed?

Other than that, it's looking good.

# 5 MukaMuka @ 02/24/09 08:45 AM
wow they completely screwed up Hideki Matsui's stance...i mean...it's just completely wrong

# 6 BigL @ 02/24/09 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukaMuka
wow they completely screwed up Hideki Matsui's stance...i mean...it's just completely wrong
It's been wrong the last 3 years. MVP baseball had it down perfectly.

I was also disappointed in Posada's stance. He has an open stance and comes more over the top with his elbow.

# 7 dave_sz @ 02/24/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Another great video - thanks! Nothing scientific about this observation, but didn't it seem like the majority of extra-base hits were to the opposite field?

Overall, however, a great variety here. I remain pleasantly surprised by 2K9.
Really, cause to me it seemed most hits were opposite field, and most of those to the same spot...

# 8 ckarlic @ 02/24/09 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_sz
Really, cause to me it seemed most hits were opposite field, and most of those to the same spot...
I agree, most of the hits where opposite field hits off the end of the bat. The one thing that i noticed in one of the triples was that the outfileder and cutoff man go into this animation fpr a split second that probably allowed the runner to get into third safely. I hope that made some sense.

# 9 Motown @ 02/24/09 11:02 AM
Steve, as always man, thanks for all your media info & such. i've appreciated this for what...6 YEARS or so lol...could i put in a request for some Cincinnati Reds love? maybe Reds vs..hell ANYONE...don't matter man. thanks again

# 10 Trevytrev11 @ 02/24/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Steve, as always man, thanks for all your media info & such. i've appreciated this for what...6 YEARS or so lol...could i put in a request for some Cincinnati Reds love? maybe Reds vs..hell ANYONE...don't matter man. thanks again
Hey Man, not sure if you knew this was out there or not:

http://gamecinemahd.com/video/major_...eball_2k9/3862

Reds vs. Dodgers

# 11 riDIRKulous41 @ 02/24/09 11:58 AM
Why does it seem like no matter where a pitch is thrown, that it can be hit just as hard as if it were right down the middle. Matsui's homer was so far up and in that there is no way he could hit that out. Also alot of pitches that are way off the plate are hit for doubles

# 12 Motown @ 02/24/09 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Hey Man, not sure if you knew this was out there or not:

http://gamecinemahd.com/video/major_...eball_2k9/3862

Reds vs. Dodgers
Thanks Trevy...nah man, didn't see this..thanks

# 13 Qb @ 02/24/09 01:41 PM
My favorite thing about that video? Intentional walk to Ortiz with one out and a man on second...

# 14 Pared @ 02/24/09 01:57 PM
Most of the bat to ball physics don't make any sense at all.

How in the heck did a high and outside pitch break a bat and get pulled all at once?

Things like that have me scratching my head. At times the ball does not look like it's making contact with the bat.

# 15 NumberOneRB @ 02/24/09 01:58 PM
Yeah, some of you seem to be so negative, because I actually thought the hit variety was VERY good. I also love the crowd reaction to the Bay HR. It reminded me of situations in real life when you're in the crowd and you see the contact and sound of the bat and you just know the ball is a HR and you let out that same disappointed sound that is portrayed in that video. I don't worry about the frames or anything because these vids are in 24-30 fps anyway and the X-Play video was super smooth so I'm not even worried.

# 16 NumberOneRB @ 02/24/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
At times the ball does not look like it's making contact with the bat.
I'd have to agree with that statement. I've frozen the vids a few times on these latest videos and it appears the bat isn't even making any sort of contact with the ball. This could be more obvious because of the missing frames in these compressed videos, but we'll have to see in the final build.

# 17 ehh @ 02/24/09 03:08 PM
A little too much power on opposite field hits from low-n-away pitches. I have no problem with Ortiz doing that but other players, meh. Sliders can probably fix this though.

# 18 Jimbo68 @ 02/24/09 03:08 PM
Hey Trevytrev11, thanks a bunch for the gameplay video links at gamecinemahd. Sweet videos. Some amazing catches in the outfield too.

This was my favorite video...
http://gamecinemahd.com/video/major_league_baseball_2k9/3897

# 19 Danny305miA @ 02/24/09 05:47 PM
Loving the Marlins gameplay Steve. Thank You!

# 20 Bwnarrow3 @ 02/24/09 06:23 PM
YES! The Marlins! I love you!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.