Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some more hit variations and defensive plays.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CMH @ 02/24/09 08:03 PM
Eh, the more I see of this game the least I want to play it. I don't even care for the PS3 demo anymore. I was once excited but the bat-to-ball physics are just not realistic at all.

Guys are hitting balls to the opposite field and swinging as if the pitch was middle in. It just looks bad. The ball rarely looks like it's making actual contact with the ball. I'm not sure if this is a camera issue, but I noticed this in the BTP cams as well.

I'm not in love with the animations, specifically the fielding ones. A lot of the batting signature stances are not close to good. Even when a player has the right stance, there just seems something off about it all.

I do like that I've seen a good number of soft hits in the infield. I like when a guy reaches for a ball and pokes it the opposite way. Pitching animations are still incredibly solid.

It's just not enough to make me want this.

# 22 SwinginAs12 @ 02/25/09 04:56 PM
This game is amazing looking. i got the demo for my new HD tv in my room and its crystal clear compared to last years horrible graphics.

Id like to see more of some A's Giants tho.

# 23 Speedy @ 02/25/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I'm not in love with the animations, specifically the fielding ones. A lot of the batting signature stances are not close to good. Even when a player has the right stance, there just seems something off about it all.

It's just not enough to make me want this.
Yeh, don't want to start a flame war but I agree; the stances for Pedoria, as well as Uggla seem like they're missing something...There's also a lot that's been made of 2k's player models but they just seem too slender and skinny

# 24 ShowTyme15 @ 02/25/09 08:57 PM
I liked what I saw in the collision detection when it came to homeruns. Saw in the Yankees Red Sox videos the player hit a homer and it bounced off the bullpen wall and rolled to the fence which was nice to see. In earlier videos it wasn't like that the ball would go through the wall. (in the highlight video)

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.