Home
News Post

The MLB 09 The Show team has just sent us this exclusive video clip. It showcases a sacrifice fly with Ichiro attempting to gun down Granderson at the plate.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Chai2112 @ 02/25/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
....did I say that I am happy I broke down and bought a PS3 solely for this game?
Me too! Although I also bought it for GTA IV, which I beat after a month and never touched again... On the other hand, I've been playing MLB 08 The Show ever since it came out!

# 102 Blzer @ 02/25/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Don't get me wrong, I think you make many good points on these forums, but...

I think this is just a matter of you missing the point of the video in the first place. It's not meant to show people something new in the game. It's meant to excite people about baseball and the fact that the Show has captured the drama of the game. This is the marketing tact it is taking, and its sole purpose.
I completely understand the point of the video and loved every second of it, which is why I started to come into the thread and see if people noticed the awesome head tracking, cinematography, fan involvement... I mean, I was just as impressed as anyone. But then I started reading posts about the sac fly, and I was like, "Wait a minute... it was just a sac fly, that wasn't the cool part of it." That's why I'm here speaking to you now.

Quote:
You're not supposed to look at the trailer for that latest action flick and say, "Man, I've seen shoot outs and car chases before. What's the big deal?" You're supposed to think, "Did you see the car chase and shot out in that trailer!!!!! This is going to be an awesome movie!"
Agreed, but I normally tell that to myself, not others. Guess I'm the only one to blame for that.

# 103 Lintyfresh85 @ 02/25/09 01:42 PM
Loved it!

Can't wait till Tuesday!

# 104 Woodweaver @ 02/25/09 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

***SNIP***

But then I started reading posts about the sac fly, and I was like, "Wait a minute... it was just a sac fly, that wasn't the cool part of it." That's why I'm here speaking to you now.

Agreed, but I normally tell that to myself, not others. Guess I'm the only one to blame for that.

Cool, cool. Capisco.

# 105 CMH @ 02/25/09 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
That's a solid observation....
For a nitpicker, yes!

# 106 CMH @ 02/25/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
He thought you were serious, lol. DOH!
I would abuse smilies but OS might shut down due to bandwidth limitations.

# 107 Pared @ 02/25/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Okay. I talked to them too. In person.
Oh snap!

# 108 bfindeisen @ 02/25/09 04:06 PM
This game looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get it, but god damn it, the lack of equipment options is driving me insane!!!!!!!!

# 109 Speedy @ 02/25/09 04:44 PM
The reflections on the helmet, Rawlings logo on the baseball...these videos are like torture

# 110 Glenn33 @ 02/25/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just got word, we'll be getting a gameplay clip tomorrow.
Did this come through yet?

# 111 Garrett67 @ 02/25/09 07:37 PM
Great concept but Granderson would have made it rather easily.

# 112 nemesis04 @ 02/25/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
So what is the difference between talking to them in person or talking to them in PM? Plus I am sure it was too hard to talk to them with all the hamburgers you ate!
Jim did not make it for hamburgers!

# 113 Motown @ 02/25/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
so it is hard to intimated me.
in⋅tim⋅i⋅date- I...N...T...I...M...I...D...A...T...E...Intimidate "couldn't resist"

# 114 Motown @ 02/25/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
He says I spell bad, so that was a mistake on purpose. That is why I put the
ohh...my bad

# 115 LAWS77 @ 02/25/09 09:21 PM
look at the detail on the back of Granderson's helmet! jeez.

# 116 C HOWARD @ 02/26/09 02:07 AM
This video looks amazing.. The music is great, I hear you on that one..

# 117 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/09 05:55 AM
This video, for some odd reason, got me so pumped up for baseball it's rediculous...lol. I'm an addict, a fool, whatever. This is the worst time of year for me...lol. I can hardly think of anything else (hobby wise...still have a grasp on reality...sorta).

I can't wait to play this game and can't wait for the season to start. I'm going loony

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.