Home
News Post

For the PS2 fans of MLB 09 The Show. Here is an OS exclusive gameplay video for you, that features the White Sox @ Twins.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 green94 @ 02/25/09 10:35 PM
They fixed Pauly's stance!

# 2 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/09 10:55 PM
Yep, back when I had my PS2...wow!

This game STILL looks incredible on the PS2 imo, but I had to upgrade to a PS3 over a year ago....had to!

But props...the PS2 version STILL looks stunning!!

# 3 JermaineDye05 @ 02/25/09 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
They fixed Pauly's stance!
I noticed that too!! So happy they finally got it right!

It seems like the people of the show are going out of their way to NOT give us a glimpse of THE Carlos Quentin. First with the ratings and now with this video. Gah Tuesday can't come fast enough. I'm so happy that my spring break starts the Friday after the Show comes out .

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/09 11:04 PM
Wow, the game still looks amazing on the PS2. Quite amazing that the animations look better than 2K9 on the 360/PS3 IMO.

Hoping for a PSP video!!!!

# 5 CubFan1 @ 02/26/09 12:19 AM
Thanks for the video. I hope there aren't a lot of foul balls as 08.

# 6 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/09 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
Hoping for a PSP video!!!!

Hell yea me too Enigma, We need a psp video, Well we could just pretend everything is smaller,and boom it's the psp version

Very true, well that, and the removal of umpires, LOL!

But other than that the game is practically the PS2 version!

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/09 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
Very true, Although I've gotten so used to it now I don't even notice not having any umpires. I agree man it's just a miniature ps2 version. Not to hijack this into a psp thread but have you noticed Enigma that there seems to be clouds moving in the game, It's very subtle and you need to pay attention to it, but I know I was playing yesterday and it started real light out at Fenway then it seemed to get a bit darker, it was pretty awesome if you ask me

Yeah I noticed that. The game is slick on the PSP. Best sports game ever made for a portable.

I hope there is a PSP video tomorrow, they seemed to add some more stadium shadows in it.

# 8 Speedy @ 02/26/09 11:05 AM
Looks good; last year the PS2 didn't have the 1/2 sleeves so I'm curious if they're in this year - didn't see any on the video

# 9 Pared @ 02/26/09 11:22 AM
Great video.

The one gripe I had with the PS2 version were balls hit to the outfield on the ground did not allow a runner from 2nd to score. If it did, it wasn't as much of a gimme as it should be.

It was probably the only nagging thing that always bothered me. Thankfully the PS3 version fixes that.

# 10 lilazndood1 @ 02/26/09 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
I noticed that too!! So happy they finally got it right!

It seems like the people of the show are going out of their way to NOT give us a glimpse of THE Carlos Quentin. First with the ratings and now with this video. Gah Tuesday can't come fast enough. I'm so happy that my spring break starts the Friday after the Show comes out .
Quentin's Stance:
http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/14307...sp_022509.html

http://ps2.ign.com/dor/objects/14307...s2_022509.html

# 11 chisoxfan09 @ 02/26/09 04:52 PM
I love this video but i am so mad i really wanted to see if they got carlos quentins stance right! if anyone has a video off him hitting i would be greatly appriciative

# 12 chisoxfan09 @ 02/26/09 05:45 PM
dude thanks i wanted to see quentin

# 13 uraz3r0 @ 02/26/09 05:54 PM
Brian Anderson's head is HUGE

# 14 JermaineDye05 @ 02/26/09 06:08 PM
Thanks!!

I can't really tell since it's PSP but I have to say it's pretty darn close. I however am a little disappointed that they didn't get Alexei's stance right, I guess he's not that big of a player to pay attention to... No matter, there were plenty stances that were pretty close to Alexei's in 08, I believe McCracken's was pretty close.

# 15 PittPensMets07 @ 02/26/09 06:42 PM
Thanks for the video! The game looks great. I am a 360 owner and don't have the money to buy a PS3, so I will definitely be buying the PS2 version of the game. I'm looking forward to when this comes out on Tuesday.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.