Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers camera flashes, field goal nets, Windsocks and swappable bowl endzones.

Quote:
"One small detail we added this year is camera flashes going off in the stands. The bigger the game, the more flashes will be going off. This will help give the bigger games that “big game” feel. We were able to borrow this from Madden NFL and are tuning the intensity of these now.

Field goal nets have been missing for too long, so we were sure to bring these to the current gen consoles this year. Nothing too exciting, but it brings a little more realism to the game. Another small detail you’ll notice are the wind socks on top of the goal posts. Want to add a challenge to the kicking game? Don’t look at the meter for the wind factor and use the socks instead."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 OMT @ 02/26/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Seems like it would have been mentioned in this blog if it was. Hopefully it's in.

OMT,
I notice a lot of the same equipment from last year is in 09, will we have any new additions? And I believe Illinois has white and blue cleats, not white and black.
Uniforms are still in progress... note the WIP watermark. We don't have shoes working correctly yet.

# 22 thudias @ 02/26/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The idea is to release better stuff each week. You should feel underwhelmed this early.
If my choices are underwhelmed with little info slowly leaking each week that builds into all the info by release or having no info then blasted with all the info right before the release I choose the slow leek which allows for feedback.

Keep up the good work OMT!

# 23 OMT @ 02/26/09 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Thudias you might be on to something with the progressive lighting!

could be the gamebreaking feature
Ah! Don't talk about breaking the game!

# 24 nexdawg @ 02/26/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Ah! Don't talk about breaking the game!
What about the squib kick is it in the game?

# 25 countryboy @ 02/26/09 07:43 PM
all good things.

I gotta admit, as silly as it may sound to some, the idea of having to play another season without bowl specific endzones was not a pleasant one.

I know its not a big deal to many, but the idea of playing a bowl game with blank endzones just "diminished" the thrill of the bowl game for me.

Nice additions guys.

# 26 huskeraddict @ 02/26/09 07:44 PM
I hope this isn't too late but the font in the Nebraska endzones are pretty messed up.

They should look like this:

Normal:

Bowl:

I'm sure if you contact the Nebraska Athletic Department, they can pass on the font but I have something very similar that I could give you but I'm not sure if that would work.

# 27 thudias @ 02/26/09 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Thudias you might be on to something with the progressive lighting!

could be the gamebreaking feature
I was hoping someone else would see that and I wasn't going insane. Again I am trying not to get too overly excited but it does seem to be right there.

# 28 doctorhay53 @ 02/26/09 08:06 PM
Very nice, Adam, very nice. Thanks for the update. Field goal nets are a nice touch on the art side of things, plus wind socks. The camera flashes COULD help the atmosphere although in Madden I remember them being totally cheesy, so I hope that doesn't happen. (although personally I think having various different CROWD sounds, as in a special crowd for various levels of 'bigness' in games would be the BEST atmosphere change). I do remember that last year at ND during the Pitt game the sprinklers came on after the first half of overtime 1, and the flashes were actually very bright in the stadium. That is the single time I can remember numerous flashes going off, so I hope it's not overdone.

All in all, this just leaves me excited for more...thanks for the update!

# 29 SageInfinite @ 02/26/09 08:10 PM
Nice. Lets hope they haven't added the refs yet

# 30 MSchneider84 @ 02/26/09 08:22 PM
Great additions Adam!!! That's awesome news. The little things go a LONG way. I appreciate you listening to the community.

# 31 knights41 @ 02/26/09 08:34 PM
Finally, all though it is a little detail, it makes playing the bowl game a little more special, an accomplishment of sorts. I hope they do the same for madden (super bowl) as well.

# 32 shel311 @ 02/26/09 08:40 PM
OMT, any word on being able to pick stadiums for online games.

I can't believe they took this feature out.

For us that play in leagues, it's really important to have neutral fields,a nd even better to have the exact fields for our bowl games.

Thanks in advance OMT.

# 33 OMT @ 02/26/09 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict
I hope this isn't too late but the font in the Nebraska endzones are pretty messed up.

They should look like this:

Normal:

Bowl:

I'm sure if you contact the Nebraska Athletic Department, they can pass on the font but I have something very similar that I could give you but I'm not sure if that would work.
The font is correct. Just the bowl version doesn't have a stroke around the numbers so it looks a little different.

# 34 moylan1234 @ 02/26/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
I appreciate the information but am a little underwhelmed so far. I know a lot of people wanted custom end zones and auto throw but I would much rather have features like FCS teams and playable conferences and custom playbooks. I do appreciate EA listening to us and trying to bring some of those things to the game.
it's already been aluded to numerous times there will be no FCS teams this year so forget it and join us in praying for CAS that's our only hope.

# 35 OMT @ 02/26/09 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's already been aluded to numerous times there will be no FCS teams this year so forget it and join us in praying for CAS that's our only hope.
Well, since it is well documented what features have been announced so I don't know where you get this. I know Greg said something at NCAA Strats that was interpreted as this and constantly repeated on the boards... I guess if you say something enough times people will begin to think it is true.

# 36 J-Unit40 @ 02/26/09 08:46 PM
Excellent! Little things add up to a lot. Great job OMT!

I love the updates and your comment on how we should feel "underwhelmed" at this stage. If that's the case, the next couple of months should be fantastic.

# 37 moylan1234 @ 02/26/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, since it is well documented what features have been announced so I don't know where you get this. I know Greg said something at NCAA Strats that was interpreted as this and constantly repeated on the boards... I guess if you say something enough times people will begin to think it is true.
I appreciate what you're trying to say, but all the devs including you have made references to 120 teams which would rule out the FCS. I'm not trying to be a downer just stating what has been said over and over

# 38 prowler @ 02/26/09 09:07 PM
I think some people are disappointed because Madden announced something big and NCAA announced a small (yet very welcomed) feature; OMT just can't win. Still it's not even March yet, if it were early June when this was announced then the anger would be understandable.

Something of interest to me:

Fortunately, our brilliant graphics engineers created what is called the Texture Compositor. This was originally developed for handling created stadiums and uniforms for Madden. It allows the game to take multiple pieces of art and combine them into one as the game loads.

Out of mild curiosity, if stadiums are now broken into pieces, does that mean we will be able to... I dunno... mix and match those pieces... for... I dunno... maybe created schools? Just wondering.

# 39 OMT @ 02/26/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I appreciate what you're trying to say, but all the devs including you have made references to 120 teams which would rule out the FCS. I'm not trying to be a downer just stating what has been said over and over
Yeah, there are 120 teams in the game right now. I don't talk about NCAA 10 unless it is something I'm authorized to.

I'm not saying FCS IS in of course, I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered out at this point.

# 40 doctorhay53 @ 02/26/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I think some people are disappointed because Madden announced something big and NCAA announced a small (yet very welcomed) feature; OMT just can't win. Still it's not even March yet, if it were early June when this was announced then the anger would be understandable.

Something of interest to me:

Fortunately, our brilliant graphics engineers created what is called the Texture Compositor. This was originally developed for handling created stadiums and uniforms for Madden. It allows the game to take multiple pieces of art and combine them into one as the game loads.

Out of mild curiosity, if stadiums are now broken into pieces, does that mean we will be able to... I dunno... mix and match those pieces... for... I dunno... maybe created schools? Just wondering.
Take it one step further.....mixing and matching pieces of art could possibly....i dont know....maybe.....be generalizable to player models as well? So that we might be able to, for instance, i.e. for example have alternate uniforms FINALLY?

Sure, the two models that the art applies to are very different, but I'm actually pretty optimistic that we might get alternate uni's on next-gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.