Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers camera flashes, field goal nets, Windsocks and swappable bowl endzones.

Quote:
"One small detail we added this year is camera flashes going off in the stands. The bigger the game, the more flashes will be going off. This will help give the bigger games that “big game” feel. We were able to borrow this from Madden NFL and are tuning the intensity of these now.

Field goal nets have been missing for too long, so we were sure to bring these to the current gen consoles this year. Nothing too exciting, but it brings a little more realism to the game. Another small detail you’ll notice are the wind socks on top of the goal posts. Want to add a challenge to the kicking game? Don’t look at the meter for the wind factor and use the socks instead."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 canes21 @ 02/28/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
yea your right improve AI wont do much for this game, hand towels and Sleeves and Endzone fonts is what will put this game over the top...
Well AI will of course make and break a game. But NCAA has great AI. They need to fix some thngs like animations and the magic CB's and LB's. The PA will also fix things. But those little things add up and do make games great. Look at 2k5, not many people like 2k4. But 2k5 came out and everyone was a 2k fan. What was different? 2k4 and 2k5 had the same exact AI and everything, but 2k5 had all the little details.

# 122 rudyjuly2 @ 02/28/09 11:23 AM
Some nice small additions here. Can't wait for the big stuff though.

# 123 Allaboutme @ 02/28/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well AI will of course make and break a game. But NCAA has great AI. They need to fix some thngs like animations and the magic CB's and LB's. The PA will also fix things. But those little things add up and do make games great. Look at 2k5, not many people like 2k4. But 2k5 came out and everyone was a 2k fan. What was different? 2k4 and 2k5 had the same exact AI and everything, but 2k5 had all the little details.
LOl 2k5 wasnt great because players had half sleeves or mulit different visors or even hand towels... it was great because they had great presentation and they had great sideline interaction(if u run out of bounce players on the sideline would slow u down) before the game they had a great pregame show and showed warmups. what most people are asking for wont make 10 a mermoriable game. 09 will be remembered just because it had the OD feature which should be in every football game here on out.

# 124 DolphinDave @ 02/28/09 12:46 PM
Take off that big *** ugly EA Sports sign in the middle of the FG Net. That's the most unrealistic thing you would ever see in a college football game.

# 125 Ghettoshark @ 02/28/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
What would you rather have on the net?
Allstate.

It's in most stadiums (Wisconsin has American Family Insurance though), and gives EA more advertising money (which they want).

# 126 C WRECK @ 02/28/09 01:16 PM
IT WOULD BE COOL IF THEY PUT THE FIRST AND TEN STICKS

# 127 Ghettoshark @ 02/28/09 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
How about nothing on the nets
Come on man, if it's in the game, it's in the game.

# 128 Dval7 @ 02/28/09 03:12 PM
so what is the ohio state stadium pic showing us

# 129 Gossennator @ 02/28/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
How about nothing on the nets
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Thats boring
I would much rather nothing on the net than some stupid EA logo. And a lot of the smaller schools don't have all state for their nets..makes more sense to have it blank, IMO.

# 130 Ghettoshark @ 02/28/09 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I would much rather nothing on the net than some stupid EA logo. And a lot of the smaller schools don't have all state for their nets..makes more sense to have it blank, IMO.
True. And like I said before, Wisconsin uses American Family Insurance, so not everyone uses Allstate.

Just saying that though the "Good Hands" would bring more realism into the game, while giving EA advertising dollars.

# 131 MMAsterkillah @ 02/28/09 04:55 PM
No logo>EA logo

# 132 krc1130 @ 02/28/09 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Since we're talking details I stand by wanting to see those doggone conf. banners change on your hm field/uni if/when you accept a conf. invite.

If you wanna get down to details EA...
Well if they can swap out art for endzones i cant see why not for flags or banners

# 133 canes21 @ 02/28/09 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
LOl 2k5 wasnt great because players had half sleeves or mulit different visors or even hand towels... it was great because they had great presentation and they had great sideline interaction(if u run out of bounce players on the sideline would slow u down) before the game they had a great pregame show and showed warmups. what most people are asking for wont make 10 a mermoriable game. 09 will be remembered just because it had the OD feature which should be in every football game here on out.
lool you just mentioned a bunch of tiny things. Like the half time show, pregame show, sideline interaction, refs. Thats what we want, thats what made 2k5 solid gold.

# 134 JAYMO76 @ 02/28/09 11:58 PM
I noticed in the kickoff return photo that there are TWO returners. Madden 09 gave us the option for ONE returner. OMT, please pass on to the powers that be that we also need this option for NCAA FOOTBALL 2010. Thanks!

# 135 JAYMO76 @ 03/01/09 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, there are 120 teams in the game right now. I don't talk about NCAA 10 unless it is something I'm authorized to.

I'm not saying FCS IS in of course, I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered out at this point.
Question: why would OMT go out of his way to comment about FCS teams and not counting them out just yet? He didn't need to say anything. The more I think about this the more I think we will be seeing FCS in some capacity....

# 136 Hey_Rebby @ 03/01/09 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Right. Those endzones are for bowl games and championship games only. Home endzones is based on photo reference.
Thanks for answering.

# 137 Allaboutme @ 03/01/09 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
lool you just mentioned a bunch of tiny things. Like the half time show, pregame show, sideline interaction, refs. Thats what we want, thats what made 2k5 solid gold.
yes but when i quoted that guy about his things and he replied its the little things that makes the game golden he was talking about hand towels and endzone fonts, compared to what i just stated they are very very little things that can be omitted and no one would care.

# 138 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 03/01/09 01:06 AM
OMT, any chance of Texas getting white cleats for the away unis? and getting rid of Boston Colleges black cleats?

# 139 Hellisan @ 03/01/09 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Please remove the EA Sports logo from the field goal nets.

It's obviously ironic to proclaim "It's in the Details" and then show a field goal net incongruously emblazoned with a bright EA SPORTS logo.

In this circumstance, the particular detail (dictated by a collective effort to ensure accurate representation of college football) should be an empty net.

A prominent video game logo on the net violates the goal of simulation. A detail would be lost, and that's no small loss because..."It's in the Details"

It most certainly is.

So please remove the logo from the net. Putting it on the net is almost tantamount to putting it on the field.

There are appropriate places for the EA logo. The nets and the field are not two of them.

Hey, this is a simple misstep that can be corrected. You guys are doing a great job, but I felt the need to say something. (Forget about the fact that we're talking about field goal nets in 2009. That's already frustrating.)

And the refs? The refs will be in the game.

I think marketing withheld the visual evidence to prevent premature exposure. The refs should quietly slip back in the game. Don't call attention to it, EA. It's been too long without them. Put 'em in, and move on.

That aside, keep up the great work, Team 10!

"It's in the Details!" I'm with you on that. Obviously. That's why my name is Details!

I agree.. The EA logo right on the net would be a huge eyesore and would really sort of ruin the "realism" effect of the game. Really hoping that doesn't make it into the final version.

# 140 siir @ 03/01/09 03:49 AM
So i guess that there will be no PS2 version.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.