Home
Legends Of Wrestlemania News Post

WWE(R) Legends of WrestleMania(R) Playable Demo Now Available for Download via Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace and PlayStation(R)Network

New World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Videogame Property Offers Consumers Game Sample Prior to March Launch

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 5, 2009-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAKK) today announced the WWE® Legends of WrestleMania® playable demo is now available for free download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The playable demo will allow players to participate in an exhibition match with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Bobby “the Brain” Heenan using the WrestleMania III arena. Players can also watch a highlight reel of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock from WrestleMania XV before completing in-ring objectives to faithfully relive their historic match. WWE Legends of WrestleMania is scheduled for release on March 24, 2009 for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system.

“Our playable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania will allow consumers to embrace the game’s unique look and feel in several ways prior to our scheduled launch on March 24,” said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, publishing, THQ. “We look forward to seeing how our fans will relive, rewrite, and redefine WWE history with this brand new videogame experience.”
“As we approach launch, we are pleased to offer a free downloadable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania,” said Nelo Lucich, senior vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. “The game’s incredible roster and key features are certain to attract a wide audience.”

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE Legends Of WrestlemaniaReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 07:53 PM
Their is a new video of Ultimate Warrior vs Sgt. Slaughter over at http://gamingring.com/news/?p=3819

# 102 Spectre @ 03/16/09 07:58 PM
So I just played the Demo

This game looks like a TON of fun and I'm the #1 ***** of Smackdown over the last few years. The ability to import players from Smackdown vs. Raw 09 even has me tempted to pick that up on the cheap. The gameplay feels old school in its simplicity but its not just button-mashing. Timing is big too.

Suffice to say, this is looking like a Day 1-ish purchase.

# 103 TimmeH @ 03/16/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I just noticed the video was over a month old so I guess the search continues.
Yeah, all signs point to their being no unlockable characters...although there is a spot to input cheats, so who knows?

The way it sounds, CAL has all the parts to easily create guys not in the game, ie Steamboat, Savage, Vader, Owen, etc. Awesome shtuff.

# 104 vernond @ 03/16/09 10:19 PM
Assuming the sliders work, i'm pretty much sold on this game. It's a fun game to play if you can get past the non realistic nature of the game.

# 105 TimmeH @ 03/16/09 10:29 PM
Really, this game has so much potential. Anyone who enjoys the controls should have an absolute blast playing it. 38 playable legends, and then 50+ playable characters to import from SVR. That's a huge *** roster, so many options. I hope it lives up to the hype I've created in my head. Playing the demo, it feels like the best [American] wrestling game I've played since NM.

# 106 vernond @ 03/16/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Well it is pro wrestling so realism has never been that important.
Wrestling is a work, but there's still a realistic way they do things. Which some games have done better than others, this one doesn't ahere to much realism as far as wrestling goes and some people won't get past that and will quit within their first match they see Hogan throwing left handed punches, jumping as high as kofi, and doing bret hart style russian leg sweeps. That's what i was referring to as realism Still a fun game though.

# 107 gbx34 @ 03/16/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmeH
and then 50+ playable characters to import from SVR.

I really cant wait to see how that turns out.

I'd imagine i would probably can just get rid of SVR after i do that.

# 108 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 10:46 PM
The game brings back memories of the LJN line of wrestling figures from the 80's with regards to the character models. I have really enjoyed the demo and will be picking this up for sure as I grew up in the 80's and went Wrestlemania 2,3&4 via closed circuit at my local arena. To bad they couldn't have had jesse ventura and vince doing commentary that would have really added to the game for overall authenticity of that era.

# 109 vernond @ 03/16/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
I really cant wait to see how that turns out.

I'd imagine i would probably can just get rid of SVR after i do that.
I was kind of wondering that myself, are the svr guys going to work under the svr controls or have less moves and the lowm controls?

# 110 vernond @ 03/16/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
The game brings back memories of the LJN line of wrestling figures from the 80's with regards to the character models. I have really enjoyed the demo and will be picking this up for sure as I grew up in the 80's and went Wrestlemania 2,3&4 via closed circuit at my local arena. To bad they couldn't have had jesse ventura and vince doing commentary that would have really added to the game for overall authenticity of that era.
I doubt Jesse would do it but Vince and Heenan would've been awesome, although Bobby has the speech issues now i think he still talks clearly enough. Or at least Mean Gene in there. JR and the King are kind of disappointing but commentary has never been great in a wrestling game.

# 111 Spectre @ 03/16/09 10:51 PM
Yeah, I hope one of the gaming sites does a featurette on how the importing feature works. How will the controls translate, for example? It could be an epic feature.

I hope CAL works well too, with imported music and whatnot. LoW could be a tremendous game and I'm super excited after playing the demo. I'm not old school enough to remember the Horseman and what not, but I got big into wrestling around WM VI and the Warrior-Hogan feud (Title vs. Title baby!).

# 112 vernond @ 03/16/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
My claim to fame is that I was on TV for about 5 seconds while they were scanning the crowd right before the Warrior\Hogan match began in Toronto at WM6. Now if they have my likeness in the crowd during introductions of that relive match I would be impressed with thier attention to detail.
I was on a 1998 Monday Nitro petting Chavo Gurrerro's stick horse "Pepe" along the aisle as he was coming to the ring. Yes, I know how bad it sounds.

# 113 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
I was just being a smart *** but to guys like those who will nitpick for left handed punches and crap like that then they'll spend thier whole life looking for the perfect games in anything because they look for what's wrong in a game rather than enjoy what's right in it.

You have idiots who will nitpick at MLB 09 and trash it even though it might be the best sports game ever made just because of some stupid thing like a certain batter takes practice swings differently than he does in real life so they think the game is ruined.
You hit the nail on the head as I think gamers have become spoiled and if something is not to their liking they automatically hate on it. It's like fps like cod 4 where the control is considered the best and if another fps feels different they won't give it a chance because they won't adjust to it then saying the controls suck.

# 114 TimmeH @ 03/16/09 11:00 PM
Well, apparently Orton's finishing sequence is Orton Backbreaker-Orton Stomp-RKO. And the Orton Punt is just a Level 3 Strong Grapple. If that's true, it sounds like they worked on making sure the SVR imports keep the important moves, and have a realistic finishing sequence...which makes me even happier about this game

# 115 vernond @ 03/16/09 11:03 PM
I thought i remembered reading something months ago about a modifier button that would allow for more moves. Anyone else ever see this, or is it maybe just being able to hit the L3 before square or X on ps3 (don't know 360 controls)?

# 116 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
I doubt Jesse would do it but Vince and Heenan would've been awesome, although Bobby has the speech issues now i think he still talks clearly enough. Or at least Mean Gene in there. JR and the King are kind of disappointing but commentary has never been great in a wrestling game.
Yeah jesse probably wouldn't do it but it was just a thought. As for heenan I wouldn't want him announcing because he was in the last Legends of Wrestling and his voice became very annoying and grating on the ears after awhile.

# 117 vernond @ 03/16/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Yeah jesse probably wouldn't do it but it was just a thought. As for heenan I wouldn't want him announcing because he was in the last Legends of Wrestling and his voice became very annoying and grating on the ears after awhile.
That's right, I forgot about that.

# 118 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 11:21 PM
Is it worth it to pick up SD vs Raw 09 for the PS3 as it is on sale here in Canada for $29.99 at best buy. I know it is a bit off topic but any thoughts would be great, thanks.

# 119 Stormyhog @ 03/16/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
I don't know what renting costs these days but try blockbuster, get a week rental, probably $10, put in whatever save file you're supposed to do, download and return it back. That's what I'm doing because I don't have time to be playing 2 different games especially when the controls are so different.
I tried the demo awhile back and enjoyed it and the sale ends in a few days and it will go back up to $59.99 so I am considering picking it up.

# 120 martworld @ 03/18/09 05:31 AM
thanks for this great thread.It is very useful & informative.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.