IGN has posted the following Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 updates:

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 orthostud23 @ 03/18/09 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Those were great, weren't they? Maybe now that Tiger Woods 2010's online play is going to be more "server side" oriented, something more like XSN will be possible?
What made it great was logging onto the website to see where you stood on the leaderboard at that moment and then going online to see if you could that number. It was also great knowing that the leaderboards didnt consist of cheaters.

I am curious to hear about the "improvements" to the online functionality.

# 42 rolltide1017 @ 03/23/09 03:59 PM
These new features sound great and this game continues to move in the right direction IMO (unlike NCAA it seems). The past few years they have made great strides to please us "SIM" players and it seems they are still doing that. The new putting mechanic sounds great, one step closer to the good ole days with Links 04.

The only thing I wish and hope for with TW is that the all of fraking course will be unlock at the start of the game. This may seem minor to some but, I gripe about this every year. In fact, I still haven't unlock all the course in last years game. I'm not a big fan of the Tiger Challenge mode and I don't have countless hours of gaming time to spend unlocking course that should be availbale from the beginng. Most of my time is spent playing career mode or playing the game with my wife and friends. It's frustrating to not be able to choose from all the course when playing a 2 player game with friends.

I just don't have the time to spend with the game like some of the kiddies these days. You don't see Madden, NCAA, NBA Live, NHL or any other major sports game locking up stadiums and fields so, why does the TW team think this is a good idea. What made it worse last for last years game is that they offer XBL users a DLC (for a small price) that unlocked all the courses but, left us PS3 user out to dry. They still have yet to release any type of code that will unlock all the course for PS3 users, complete slap in the face from EA IMO. I'm willing to spend a little to unlcok them too, just offer for all consoles and from day one. Tah's all I ask from this years game, everything else will be icing.

# 43 DivotMaker @ 03/23/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I see what you're saying and it is annoying but to charge a DLC fee (no matter how small, it's the principle) is a bigger slap in the face. I just can't get over how developers continue to get away with charging for DLC that is almost always hidden in the game itself and feel the need to make more money off the consumer just to give us the right to unlock it after paying $60 for the damn game to begin with. Let's hope EA rises above that this time.
I agree. Charging for actual new content as DLC is welcomed here, but giving users the "option" to pay to have courses unlocked is just wrong IMO. Locking courses and forcing users to play events they don't have any interest in is wrong as well. The only good thing out of this is locked courses are not locked initially from online play, just offline. However, they should not be locked at all, period.

# 44 rolltide1017 @ 03/23/09 11:54 PM
I agree about the DLC, I'd rather not have to pay. My main point with that is that us PS3 users don't even have the DLC option. EA has still not given PS3 users a way around unlocking the courses while 360 users at least have the option to pay for it or not. Would just love to have that option, even if I had to pay for it.

Oh well, I've had my rant for the year about unlocking the courses. Hopefully next year I will not have to rant about it again but, we will see. Now to focus on the improvements EA seems to be making with this game!

# 45 Piner @ 03/24/09 12:02 AM
"if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all"

As a strictly offline player in PGA Tour Mode this sounds ominous and disappointing. I had high hopes of an improved offline experience. I guess I will be disappointed once again. I was hoping we could have customizable offline tournaments with courses of our choosing including DLC courses. Looks like the focus is online play with us offline players getting short changed again. I hope I am wrong.

# 46 DivotMaker @ 03/24/09 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piner
"if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all"

As a strictly offline player in PGA Tour Mode this sounds ominous and disappointing. I had high hopes of an improved offline experience. I guess I will be disappointed once again. I was hoping we could have customizable offline tournaments with courses of our choosing including DLC courses. Looks like the focus is online play with us offline players getting short changed again. I hope I am wrong.
You misinterpreted what I stated. The offline is what I have played most in 08/09. I prefer to play online, but the Daily Tournament feature for TW06-09 has catered to the Default player and with unlimited restarts for each event, there is no use in playing them. And I rarely have time to play more than one round without a partner, so that is why offkine has worked for me the past several versions.

However, the online play features that I saw made me think that I might play online exclusively if what I saw comes to fruition. That is not necessarily a "bad" thing. I do not know if there will be customizable offline tournaments as the time I had with the game did not allow me to find this out. I would wait to see more previews, reviews and user feedback once the game is released before you get the wrong impression. Also, when more info is released about the online play features, you might change your mind about playing offline only as well....

# 47 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/24/09 09:14 AM
I wonder if the daily tournaments will actually be set to tour mode this year. They weren't even worth playing in 09.

# 48 DivotMaker @ 03/24/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I wonder if the daily tournaments will actually be set to tour mode this year. They weren't even worth playing in 09.
I believe you will see some nice improvements in online play for Tour Pro mode this year....

# 49 orthostud23 @ 03/24/09 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I believe you will see some nice improvements in online play for Tour Pro mode this year....
Whats your best guess for hearing some more info on this game??

# 50 DivotMaker @ 03/24/09 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Whats your best guess for hearing some more info on this game??
Honestly, no idea. Should start to ramp up more in April and May as they get close to completing the game....wish I knew what their info release plans were.....

# 51 rolltide1017 @ 03/24/09 10:47 PM
Hey Divot,

Do you know or, if not, could you ask if you will be able to play an offline muliti-player round were each player can be on a different difficulty level. You could do this with Links 2004 but not with any TW so far.

My wife and I like to play the game together but, we always know that I'm going to win. We either play on easy, for her sake, and I end up winning because it is just too easy for me on that level. Then we try on tour pro and it is just too hard for her so, again I win without any competition. With Links 04, she could play on easy and I could be on hard. We had some great competitive rounds with that game and would love to be able to do that with TW.

# 52 DivotMaker @ 03/24/09 11:15 PM
I'll try and ask, but I am preparing to leave for West Africa on Thursday and I am not sure if I will get a response anytime soon as the Dev Team is hunkered down trying to finish and polish the game. I'll see what I can do...if I have not responded by April 11, could you remind me?

# 53 jjshelto @ 03/25/09 08:49 PM
Ok, for a long time now I have hoped of a true simulation. This could actually be very simple. EA needs to include a yardage book for every course. This should be a yardage book just like the pros use with yardages to different locations and green contours. Therefore, there would be no need for the most unrealistic part of the game no one mentions which is the ability to zoom to your exact location you want to hit on the green. If yardages were available, there would be no need for this feature in tour mode. Also, providing green contours would bring in real strategy because it makes the player decide where to hit the ball to have a straight putt. EA could partner with Skycaddie to produce this mechanic very easily. This would completely change the way the game is played on tour mode.

# 54 Triggerfish @ 03/25/09 10:28 PM
hoping that the foot placement plays a big part...but may be pushing the hopes too much for that.

# 55 orthostud23 @ 03/25/09 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjshelto
Ok, for a long time now I have hoped of a true simulation. This could actually be very simple. EA needs to include a yardage book for every course. This should be a yardage book just like the pros use with yardages to different locations and green contours. Therefore, there would be no need for the most unrealistic part of the game no one mentions which is the ability to zoom to your exact location you want to hit on the green. If yardages were available, there would be no need for this feature in tour mode. Also, providing green contours would bring in real strategy because it makes the player decide where to hit the ball to have a straight putt. EA could partner with Skycaddie to produce this mechanic very easily. This would completely change the way the game is played on tour mode.
this is a great idea!! THe best idea I have heard for this game in a very long time. that would be the BEST inclusion for Tour mode!!!!

# 56 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/26/09 09:01 AM
No doubt. Good suggestions, JJ.

# 57 orthostud23 @ 03/26/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Isn't there a caddie book in the console version? Because that's one of the things I use my caddie book for in the PC version -- to take note of green contours for approach shots.
I dont recall a caddie book in last years game...anyone else??

# 58 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/26/09 09:54 PM
Nope, there isn't one.

# 59 paulitix @ 03/27/09 12:43 PM
My greatest concern is still the use of the putt preview line. I hope EA decides to completely scrap this, which in itself will help to recreate more realistic scores. Putting is the hardest part of the game yet EA refuses to treat it as such. There is no incentive to hit an approach close to the pin or target certain parts of the green for easier putts when almost every hole is a one-putt from anywhere.

Also, introducing new mechanics is great, but useless if they still allow players to choose. What's the point of introducing a more realistic (read: harder) putting style if you still allow players to select the old one for the sake of scoring better (especially for online matches). Pick one and have the nuts to stand by it. What happened to the days of improving your skills to master a game instead of cheesing a game to pander to your lack of skill?

EA takes all their other sports games seriously and they can get quite challenging at the harder levels. Give Tiger the same.

And don't even let me get started on the Tournaments...

# 60 Fluffhead @ 03/27/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulitix
My greatest concern is still the use of the putt preview line. I hope EA decides to completely scrap this, which in itself will help to recreate more realistic scores. Putting is the hardest part of the game yet EA refuses to treat it as such. There is no incentive to hit an approach close to the pin or target certain parts of the green for easier putts when almost every hole is a one-putt from anywhere.

Also, introducing new mechanics is great, but useless if they still allow players to choose. What's the point of introducing a more realistic (read: harder) putting style if you still allow players to select the old one for the sake of scoring better (especially for online matches). Pick one and have the nuts to stand by it. What happened to the days of improving your skills to master a game instead of cheesing a game to pander to your lack of skill?

EA takes all their other sports games seriously and they can get quite challenging at the harder levels. Give Tiger the same.

And don't even let me get started on the Tournaments...
I'm not quite understanding your gripe. Availability of the putt preview pisses you off? I never play with it on and filter out who I play with online so it's the same. I would imagine there would be tourneys in pro mode only. This current Tiger can get plenty difficult for me on Pro mode in tough conditions. I'd say keep it in and let the noob / score whores have at it as long as we can turn it off and compete against others who do the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.