IGN has posted the following Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 updates:

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 allstar3970 @ 04/13/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
As a side note and maybe it's mentioned in the thread, but we will have to complete the Tiger challenge to unlock courses we paid for? Easily one of the lamest things I've seen in a sports game.
My #1 gripe as well..

# 82 DivotMaker @ 04/13/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
That article insinuated that the 16 courses that thay are talking about are real courses. So do we have at least 16 PGA courses to play?
That I can confirm because fantasy courses do not need an EA team laser-mapping a course that does not exist. Can't wait for EA to reveal the new courses....there are some awesome new courses coming out.

I also agree that no fantasy courses in PGA TOUR play is a good thing and I believe EA agrees 100%. Besides, fantasy courses are not a part of being "inside the ropes of the PGA TOUR" which is the focus of all the new features and improvements this year.

# 83 rolltide1017 @ 04/14/09 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
There will be DLC this year and the plan for the number of DLC courses is much more agressive than TW08 or 09.....
Didn't they say the same thing last year? To be honest, this disappoints me a little because DLC courses can't be used in season mode. If the really are going to be more aggressive then I assume that means more then 2 DLC courses and, it will just suck to have all these new course that can't be used during your season. I'd rather the game be delayed and the courses finished and put on the disc (I hope it is not a case of the 360 holding these back because of there DVD capacity compared to the PS3's BD).

Rant to follow:

I also hope they drop the price on the DLC as well, if they are really going to be more agrresive with it. I didn't mind paying 7.50 for each of the 2 course for 09 but, if they end up releasing 5, 6 or 7 course via DLC, I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out an additional $37-$52 for this game (after the inital $60 to buy it). I think courses should cost $5 or less to be honest. I know they work hard and put a lot of time into them but, EA has to look at it from the gamers point of view. Asking us to pay upwards of $90 (or more) for the complete package of a TW game just screams greed IMO when, if they delayed release for a few months, more of these planned DLC course could be included in the game. Now, I'm a sucker for new courses so, I'll probably end up handing EA my money but, I will not be happy about it! Of course, I'm assuming that the term "agressive" means more the 3 DLC courses. The game use to come out in August so, why not push it back to August and get a few more course in the game.

# 84 DivotMaker @ 04/14/09 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Didn't they say the same thing last year? To be honest, this disappoints me a little because DLC courses can't be used in season mode. If the really are going to be more aggressive then I assume that means more then 2 DLC courses and, it will just suck to have all these new course that can't be used during your season. I'd rather the game be delayed and the courses finished and put on the disc (I hope it is not a case of the 360 holding these back because of there DVD capacity compared to the PS3's BD).
No, they did not say the same thing last year.

The 360 DVD is definately a factor in how many courses can ship with the game. The PS3 and the BluRay DVD is not an issue. Another reason that EA does not include a course disc is because every 360 DVD that is shipped costs them extra in game development costs where DLC is a fraction of that cost. I can see both sides to the argument though, but until the 360 DVD has more capacity and/or MS relaxes the fees they charge on multi-DVD games, I don't see any other way around this. And I do agree that pricing should be lower as $7.50 USD for courses that were either in the previous version and/or cannot be played in offline mode is steep and unreasonable.

# 85 JimmyPelican @ 04/14/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I also hope they drop the price on the DLC as well, if they are really going to be more agrresive with it. I didn't mind paying 7.50 for each of the 2 course for 09 but, if they end up releasing 5, 6 or 7 course via DLC, I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out an additional $37-$52 for this game (after the inital $60 to buy it). I think courses should cost $5 or less to be honest. I know they work hard and put a lot of time into them but, EA has to look at it from the gamers point of view. Asking us to pay upwards of $90 (or more) for the complete package of a TW game just screams greed IMO when, if they delayed release for a few months, more of these planned DLC course could be included in the game. Now, I'm a sucker for new courses so, I'll probably end up handing EA my money but, I will not be happy about it! Of course, I'm assuming that the term "agressive" means more the 3 DLC courses. The game use to come out in August so, why not push it back to August and get a few more course in the game.

Totally agree!!
I'm liking what i'm hearing so far about the game though!
June can't come soon enough! Hopefully the new putting system works and feels like Links. I will be very happy!!! I hope the overall feel and ball physics were improved too.

# 86 Klocker @ 04/14/09 06:33 PM
All I know is I can't wait for this (first time ever) and wish they would start dropping more info on us and better yet interact with us the way the Live and Madden devs are.

# 87 ocat @ 04/15/09 04:32 AM
I really hope they have the Moonah course from The National Golf Club (in Australia) in the PS3 / 360 version. I work on the groundstaff on the Moonah course and i remember when EA came out to do all the laser mapping and photography of the course, they were there for over 2 weeks taking 1000's of readings and photos. It made me respect the effort the developers put in to bring these courses to us. Fingers crossed!

# 88 scottmac @ 04/15/09 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
I really hope they have the Moonah course from The National Golf Club (in Australia) in the PS3 / 360 version. I work on the groundstaff on the Moonah course and i remember when EA came out to do all the laser mapping and photography of the course, they were there for over 2 weeks taking 1000's of readings and photos. It made me respect the effort the developers put in to bring these courses to us. Fingers crossed!
If they spent 2 weeks there you would think they would be planning of having it in the game. That would be awesome to have an Aussie course in the game especially Moonah

# 89 DivotMaker @ 04/15/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
I think that pretty much confirms that Moonah is in the game. I don't think EA would go to that much trouble to fly over developers and spend weeks there if they weren't intending to put the course in the game.
I don't remember seeing the course in the game, but I could be wrong as it has been 2 months since I saw the game and courses. The new courses I did see in the game really caught my eye and are first class courses. Moonah has been in previous TW versions, so I am not sure when the EA team was there and if it was not last year, then I am not sure if it is in the game. Then again, if it is going to be in the game, it might be on the DVD if I overlooked it or it might be a DLC course.....

# 90 OnlookerDelay @ 04/15/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
I doubt they would have wasted that much moolah mapping the course is they weren't planning on using it. If this is the same course that's in Tiger Woods 07 on the XBox, I'm definitely in favor of it... great course!

# 91 ocat @ 04/16/09 01:33 AM
Sorry guys i forgot to explain that this was about 4 years ago that EA came out. The Moonah course is already on the first gen versions (PS2, Xbox). Sorry to get you guys excited. I was just hoping that they bring it into the next gen versions

# 92 OnlookerDelay @ 04/16/09 04:40 AM
Quote:
I know you can't say much yet but is there a Canadian course represented. More specifically the same one that they had in Links. Now that was a fun course to play in that game.
The ESPN article on Tiger Woods 2010's new terrain graphics that I read over the weekend showed an EA photographer/imager on location at a course, doing his thing. I'm pretty sure it was Banff Springs, which is in Canada.

# 93 OnlookerDelay @ 04/16/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Now you got me excited, that course was amazing to play on Links. I figured with a bunch of new courses this year and EA being based in western Canada it would be a no-brainer to put in that beautiful course.
Not only is Banff Springs a magnificent feast for the eyes, it's a great golf challenge. There are so many doglegs there that lure me into being overambitious with shot shaping... I've wound up in some of the most horrendous places as a result of a failed shot (in Links of course). What I'm worried about though is that if Tiger Woods 2010's shot shaping is as easy and formulaic as 09's, much of the "fog of war" these doglegs present will be seriously mitigated.

Oh, here's a link to the ESPN story btw... it's the one with the photographer at Banff Springs. http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4059603

# 94 orthostud23 @ 04/17/09 08:36 AM
When playing on Tour mode you should have to move your swing stick accordingly to play the draw/fade. Last years system made shot shaping TOO easy.

# 95 OnlookerDelay @ 04/17/09 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
When playing on Tour mode you should have to move your swing stick accordingly to play the draw/fade. Last years system made shot shaping TOO easy.
Totally agree!

# 96 tommyfusco @ 04/19/09 10:16 PM
noticed this recently for the wii version.

All-New Disc Golf—Trade your clubs for discs in a fun, new game mode based on the family-fun sport of Disc Golf. Play from custom tee locations on all 27 courses in the game!

27 courses. nice.

# 97 scottmac @ 04/20/09 04:27 AM
Quote:
PS3 owners have to suffer for it because the Bluray capacity could probably fit 50 courses.
I agree we should have more courses. But I think the real reason is because if they put more courses on the disc then they wont make money with add on courses to download.

# 98 DivotMaker @ 04/20/09 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
I agree we should have more courses. But I think the real reason is because if they put more courses on the disc then they wont make money with add on courses to download.
No, the true limiting factor is the 360 DVD. If what you stated was true, then the Wii would not be coming out with 27 courses on the Wii DVD. Wii courses take up 1/3 or less of the disc space that 360/PS3 courses use.

# 99 Skyboxer @ 04/20/09 10:35 AM
How many 360 games have full DVD's? If the number is huge then the 360 DVD drive argument may be valid. If not then that argument goes out the window. Maybe by the time this generation is done we'll see consistant full DVD's. I just don't see that we're at that point yet. Could be wrong though.
Main thing is if EA had courses they wanted to included they'd just put them on the PS3 BR disk and have it downloadable for the 360.
If that doesn't happen then 1: They don't have that amount of courses or 2: They do and want to go the DLC route.

# 100 DivotMaker @ 04/20/09 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Main thing is if EA had courses they wanted to included they'd just put them on the PS3 BR disk and have it downloadable for the 360.
If that doesn't happen then 1: They don't have that amount of courses or 2: They do and want to go the DLC route.
EA is not going to give PS3 users more courses out of the box than 360 users. Then you would be giving PS3 offline users more courses than 360 offline users who do not subscribe to XBox Live. If both consoles has similar media capacities, this would be a moot issue. On top of all this is the cost of creating courses for 360/PS3. They take FAR more resources to create than Wii or PS2 courses. Much more expensive to generate the the data (laser scanning) and far more people to convert the data into an actual digital version of the course. Lastly, each 360/PS3 course is 200+ MB in size and this along with other features for the 360/PS3 take up far more disc space than their predecessors, the PS2/XBox and Wii, most of which is related to the impact of High Definition graphics throughout the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.