Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA Sports have just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers custom conferences.

Quote:
"Hey Everybody, I’m Ben Haumiller and I’m a designer on the NCAA Football series. I’ve been at Tiburon since 2000, starting out as a tester in QA, and I’ve been a member of the NCAA Football design team since NCAA 06. Since joining the team I’ve primary worked on our career modes (Dynasty, Campus Legend, etc.) our Online features, as well as a lot of the features you’ll find when checking out the My NCAA and Team Management sections of the Main Menu . You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate college football fan than myself, so working on the NCAA Football series has been a dream come true.

On NCAA Football 09 I was the designer for what had been long considered the “Holy Grail of NCAA features”, Online Dynasty. I couldn’t have been more excited to get this feature into the game. Dynasty is without a doubt my favorite feature in any sports game, and bringing that experience online brought a tremendous amount of life into an already great game mode. Based on the feedback from the community I was not the only one that was able to resurrect gaming rivalries with old college roommates that now live on the other side of the country, increase my desire to sign the recruits in the nation for no other reason than to force the other dynasty members to settle for a 3 star prospect, and feeling the pressure of knowing the result of your head to head game will mean the difference between a BCS berth or finishing your season in December."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 stoncold32 @ 03/13/09 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I really couldn't care less about this. Then again, I don't care about online dynasties. Hopefully this wasn't the teams #1 focus this year.
I agree. I grew up an only child, so I'm used to playing against the CPU. Even in college, I never had a lot of friends that played video games. So I have no preference to play against other people all the time.

# 62 da ThRONe @ 03/13/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Everyone has the right to their own opinion but this custom dynasty is a great addition. I may never use it because I prefer the realism factor but this is an excellent addition to OD. This gives people a chance to play with the teams of their choice to get maximum head to head competition. It's not bad at all. So what if it's not perfect. It doesn't have to be.

Just because the feature may not be great for you, doesn't mean it isn't a very important addition that will please many NCAA gamers. Some of you need to think outside the box every now and then. I've complained my fair share about EA but I give credit where it is due. Some of you just bitch and aren't happy unless you're complaining. There comes a time when you have to understand that this game isn't going to be perfect and it's a continuous process to get it there. Quit crying.
I think people are well within there rights to express there views both for and against any new feature they add no matter how popular it might seem.

# 63 yanks26ngoin @ 03/13/09 04:57 PM
For all you dunces that dont look at the big picture:

Customizable Conferences is a foreshadow, well seems like one. It could be a foreshadow for FCS schools finally being re-introduced and CAS being re-introduced, or one or the other.Please be FCS schools...

I am a traditionalist as well, but I gladly welcome this, because I can finally put ND in a conference and give them a taste, well virtually, of what actually competing for something really feels like.

# 64 beeneeb @ 03/13/09 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
And as he said, we don't have an infinite amount of time.

While we could do dynamic art, changing the names of conferences and the numbers of teams, adding or removing championship games, etc etc... that would NOT have made the game this year.

So then you are stuck with either a conference based dynasty or playing as your favorite team but not getting as much head-to-head play.

We felt the most important part was being able to put everyone's user team into the same conference in online dynasty. We accomplished this. We aren't going to throw away a nice improvement to online dynasty because we can't get every bell and whistle done in a year.
Online Dynasty or not, this is going to be a great feature. After I get bored of playing a traditional dynasty, I'll get the chance to sort out teams into dream conferences & see how everyone does. The idea of getting the chance to prove if USC can compete in the Big XII conference is going to fun to watch. Also, I'll have the opportunity to see what the Big XII would be like if they would have taken TCU instead of Baylor...Although it would be nice to have the specific logos on the field, when it comes down to it, the only thing that matters 6 months down the line is the gameplay. NCAA 09 has its quirks every now and then, but I still enjoy playing Dynasty on it...This new feature just gives me something else to tinker with.

# 65 SHO @ 03/13/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Might be nice for some people but its something I won't use and don't care about. Madden is getting the great stuff. NCAA is getting fluff imo. Add this to the winsock and field goal nets revelation.
Sums up my thoughts as well.

# 66 moylan1234 @ 03/13/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
For all you dunces that dont look at the big picture:

Customizable Conferences is a foreshadow, well seems like one. It could be a foreshadow for FCS schools finally being re-introduced and CAS being re-introduced, or one or the other.Please be FCS schools...

I am a traditionalist as well, but I gladly welcome this, because I can finally put ND in a conference and give them a taste, well virtually, of what actually competing for something really feels like.
If you read the blog carefully you'll see that it clearly states that this feature allows you to move Ohio State to a lower conference, but not to remove them completely. if this was forshadowing to FCS or CAS than you'd be able to remove them completely

# 67 OMT @ 03/13/09 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I really couldn't care less about this. Then again, I don't care about online dynasties. Hopefully this wasn't the teams #1 focus this year.
Well yeah, if this was the #1 focus it would be a LOT deeper and you wouldn't be hearing about it now.

# 68 OMT @ 03/13/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbreath
maybe its been answered elsewhere, but what exactly happens to the "conference prestige" when recruiting? I'd assume if you went to the Sun Belt with LSU it'd be "fair" or something. Will this affect any other ratings in recruiting?

Also bowl tie-ins are the same for the conferences right?

Sorry if this has been answered, I didn't see it in any posts by OMT on here.
Yes, this will effect your recruiting for "Conference Prestige." Also, conference tie ins for bowls will apply when changing conferences.

# 69 yanks26ngoin @ 03/13/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well yeah, if this was the #1 focus it would be a LOT deeper and you wouldn't be hearing about it now.
Adam, you're killing me!!!! Can you just release or drop a hint on what the big feature is and if FCS or CAS are in the game? I assume that you probably can't, but please?????

# 70 beeneeb @ 03/13/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
If you read the blog carefully you'll see that it clearly states that this feature allows you to move Ohio State to a lower conference, but not to remove them completely. if this was forshadowing to FCS or CAS than you'd be able to remove them completely
I wouldn't be getting your hopes up about the FCS teams...OMT has been working on the uniforms and they only have 1 ratings guy...If we had FCS teams, OMT would be asking about uniforms and they'd probably mention how to handle the ratings for a ton of FCS teams. While I would love to see them in the game, I don't expect it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the FCS teams had real team names this year instead of the FCS SW Lizards. Just like the FCS teams in '09, they'll be in the game but you can't play with them...Wouldn't that just make all of us cry?

# 71 OMT @ 03/13/09 05:35 PM
You guys read WAY too much into things!

# 72 Jistic @ 03/13/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have no life.

# 73 beeneeb @ 03/13/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I keep my hopes low so that when something good is released, I am extremely happy...like the Custom Conferences feature...I love that!

# 74 jdrhammer @ 03/13/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think people are well within there rights to express there views both for and against any new feature they add no matter how popular it might seem.
First off, I acknowledged how everyone has the right to their own opinion. Regardless, it gets old when people whine and bitch because each and every little thing doesn't get put in just the way they like it. There comes a time when you have to deal with reality and it's not going to be perfect so quit whining.

Now, on to you. You'll continue to be taken as a joke of an idiot until you learn how to spell. You come across as ignorant and illiterate. It's English. Figure it out. Hooked on phonics might work wonders for you.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinions. Just because you have the right to express it doesn't make your opinion right or okay. I'm just suggesting to think before you speak. That would be a nice change.

# 75 Squeezee12 @ 03/13/09 07:13 PM
Quote:
Everyone has the right to their own opinion but this custom dynasty is a great addition. I may never use it because I prefer the realism factor but this is an excellent addition to OD. This gives people a chance to play with the teams of their choice to get maximum head to head competition. It's not bad at all. So what if it's not perfect. It doesn't have to be.

Just because the feature may not be great for you, doesn't mean it isn't a very important addition that will please many NCAA gamers. Some of you need to think outside the box every now and then. I've complained my fair share about EA but I give credit where it is due. Some of you just bitch and aren't happy unless you're complaining. There comes a time when you have to understand that this game isn't going to be perfect and it's a continuous process to get it there. Quit crying.

Wow you said everything I was thinking while catching up on this thread!

# 76 Squeezee12 @ 03/13/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Wow I cant believe someone would even think this would be the #1 focus for you guys. Adam I guess none of these guys understands anything about marketing. Little stuff first and build excitement and as time gets closer bring out the big guns.

Adam you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up. Im already playing who Im gonna move and to where in my dynasty.

# 77 da ThRONe @ 03/13/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
First off, I acknowledged how everyone has the right to their own opinion. Regardless, it gets old when people whine and bitch because each and every little thing doesn't get put in just the way they like it. There comes a time when you have to deal with reality and it's not going to be perfect so quit whining.

Now, on to you. You'll continue to be taken as a joke of an idiot until you learn how to spell. You come across as ignorant and illiterate. It's English. Figure it out. Hooked on phonics might work wonders for you.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinions. Just because you have the right to express it doesn't make your opinion right or okay. I'm just suggesting to think before you speak. That would be a nice change.
1st LOL at anybody who really thinks that I care about what anybody thinks about me

2nd Dont be a queer. Im not stepping on your toes so dont make this personal.

Last if you have a problem with people whining then go some where else nobody is forcing you to be here. I dont like people crying either but im not about to cry about people crying!

# 78 Shade Shadows @ 03/13/09 08:50 PM
This addition is absolutely GREAT!!! My friends and I are in a 10 team OL dynasty. However, our problem was that we couldn't all play each other since we had conference games to play. We wanted to play with BCS teams, and we considered picking a conference in which to play. However, we found that in every BCS conference, there were only at most 6 or 7 good teams, and a steep dropoff after that, which wouldn't be fair for everyone. This way, we can be whatever teams we want and all be in the same conference, allowing us to play each other every year, and if we choose a conference with a championship game, that will be like our superbowl! This is an absolutely GREAT addition for online dynasties!

# 79 jdrhammer @ 03/13/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1st LOL at anybody who really thinks that I care about what anybody thinks about me

2nd Dont be a queer. Im not stepping on your toes so dont make this personal.

Last if you have a problem with people whining then go some where else nobody is forcing you to be here. I dont like people crying either but im not about to cry about people crying!
Yeah, this is a whining board. Good job, village idiot. That's what we want, whining.

At least your grammar is shaping up so maybe there's hope for you yet. I'm not crying about people crying (your words). There's a point when it's too much and needs to be addressed. Like I said, having free speech doesn't mean it's right just because someone says it. Quit being stupid.

# 80 bigrice25 @ 03/13/09 09:58 PM
I think this is a great feature.

I think more people will like it than not.. so i believe you guys made the right decision putting it in.

It brings more options to ODs, me and my boys wont be bothered to much by the wrong patches or logos, small price to pay for a more challenging experience.

And its only March, Im sure they have more improvements and features up their sleeves. Hopefully mostly gameplay improvements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.