Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA Sports have just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers custom conferences.

Quote:
"Hey Everybody, I’m Ben Haumiller and I’m a designer on the NCAA Football series. I’ve been at Tiburon since 2000, starting out as a tester in QA, and I’ve been a member of the NCAA Football design team since NCAA 06. Since joining the team I’ve primary worked on our career modes (Dynasty, Campus Legend, etc.) our Online features, as well as a lot of the features you’ll find when checking out the My NCAA and Team Management sections of the Main Menu . You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate college football fan than myself, so working on the NCAA Football series has been a dream come true.

On NCAA Football 09 I was the designer for what had been long considered the “Holy Grail of NCAA features”, Online Dynasty. I couldn’t have been more excited to get this feature into the game. Dynasty is without a doubt my favorite feature in any sports game, and bringing that experience online brought a tremendous amount of life into an already great game mode. Based on the feedback from the community I was not the only one that was able to resurrect gaming rivalries with old college roommates that now live on the other side of the country, increase my desire to sign the recruits in the nation for no other reason than to force the other dynasty members to settle for a 3 star prospect, and feeling the pressure of knowing the result of your head to head game will mean the difference between a BCS berth or finishing your season in December."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jdrhammer @ 03/13/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
I think this is a great feature.

I think more people will like it than not.. so i believe you guys made the right decision putting it in.

It brings more options to ODs, me and my boys wont be bothered to much by the wrong patches or logos, small price to pay for a more challenging experience.

And its only March, Im sure they have more improvements and features up their sleeves. Hopefully mostly gameplay improvements.

Well said.

# 82 miami01 @ 03/13/09 10:40 PM
Cool feature. Would have been cool if you add or subtract the number of teams in each conference, but it is a good add to dynasty mode.

# 83 da ThRONe @ 03/13/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Yeah, this is a whining board. Good job, village idiot. That's what we want, whining.

At least your grammar is shaping up so maybe there's hope for you yet. I'm not crying about people crying (your words). There's a point when it's too much and needs to be addressed. Like I said, having free speech doesn't mean it's right just because someone says it. Quit being stupid.
If your so smart you would notice I never said anything about anybody being right or wrong. I just said he had the right to disagree and so do I.

Thanks for the English lesson(yeah right)

Now lets stick to the thread!

# 84 da ThRONe @ 03/13/09 11:13 PM
Once again im happy for anybody who like this ,but as a person who never use OD's this is pointless to me. I want my dynasty to be as sim as possible.

# 85 jdrhammer @ 03/13/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Once again im happy for anybody who like this ,but as a person who never use OD's this is pointless to me. I want my dynasty to be as sim as possible.
So playing the idiot cpu AI is sim to you? All arguing aside, you should consider an OD with some good guys that don't cheese. You'd be shocked at how much better it is. I run an all SEC dynasty & you can lose any given day. We set house rules to eliminate cheese & its the most fun I've ever had with this series going on 10 years of playing NCAA titles.

# 86 bigrice25 @ 03/13/09 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Then dont use the feature......

hopefully this is just a small addition to the game. Im willing to bet they have some nice stuff to reveal for us later on. Hopefully lol.

# 87 da ThRONe @ 03/14/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
So playing the idiot cpu AI is sim to you? All arguing aside, you should consider an OD with some good guys that don't cheese. You'd be shocked at how much better it is. I run an all SEC dynasty & you can lose any given day. We set house rules to eliminate cheese & its the most fun I've ever had with this series going on 10 years of playing NCAA titles.
This year i might if so many people like it it should be worth trying!

# 88 miami01 @ 03/14/09 12:22 AM
I am going to have fun putting the good small conference teams in BCS conferences and putting the bad BCS conference in smaller conferences and see how the teams do.

# 89 Exonerated @ 03/14/09 08:55 AM
Hmm Custom Conferences.

May this be a hinter towards a custom playoff system instead of bowl championship games?

# 90 userLoser @ 03/14/09 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Sweet; I can make college football like it should be (circa 2004) and act like the ACC raid never happened...Awesome feature
As a UNC fan, I can see why you would want to make it like the "raid" never happened. Now UNC doesn't ever have a chance to win the ACC.

I KID I KID!!!

# 91 vrabbit @ 03/14/09 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Hmm Custom Conferences.

May this be a hinter towards a custom playoff system instead of bowl championship games?

# 92 Husker_OS @ 03/14/09 01:43 PM
Sweet. I'm kicking South Carolina out of the SEC and getting Georgia Tech back in.

Then kicking out Arkansas and getting Tulane back.

# 93 JAYMO76 @ 03/14/09 02:09 PM
Sorry to sound pessimistic because I do appreciate the custom conferences... but... if you're going to do it, do it right.
The major issues are:
1. Field conference logos won't change... urghhh!
2. You can only change BEFORE you start franchise
** EA needs to go further with customization!

So it's great we have this and I appreciate that we do but at this point I don't see it getting a lot of use outside of online Great idea... but maybe next year...

# 94 vrabbit @ 03/14/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Sorry to sound pessimistic because I do appreciate the custom conferences... but... if you're going to do it, do it right.
The major issues are:

So it's great we have this and I appreciate that we do but at this point I don't see it getting a lot of use outside of online Great idea... but maybe next year...
exactly what I said, but apparently most people here don't care much about that.
I'm not saying Custom Conferences isn't a great feature, only that's if it's half-assed, it's really not all of that

# 95 beeneeb @ 03/14/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
exactly what I said, but apparently most people here don't care much about that.
I'm not saying Custom Conferences isn't a great feature, only that's if it's half-assed, it's really not all of that
Let's be honest....online dynasty was "half-@$$ed" when it was implemented, too. It's a great feature, but there's a lot of downsides to it (ie: off-season takes forever, the player leaving bug, etc). Despite the many criticisms of the custom conference feature, I am going to love it.

# 96 vrabbit @ 03/15/09 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Let's be honest....online dynasty was "half-@$$ed" when it was implemented, too. It's a great feature, but there's a lot of downsides to it (ie: off-season takes forever, the player leaving bug, etc). Despite the many criticisms of the custom conference feature, I am going to love it.
Fine, you got a point. I'll wait and see.

# 97 TrevJo @ 03/15/09 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
The major issues are:

I think you are way off base. Just being able to customize the conference is huge to me. The field conference logos being correct or incorrect has zero practical value. And while there would be a little value in being able to change in the middle of a dynasty, that's small potatoes compared to being able to change in the middle.

Here's my perspective. Our online dynasty has 6-8 people it (usually 7), we chose CUSA and Heisman because we didn't want it to be too easy to beat the CPU (at least, not right off the bat), was nice having a conference championship game, but with two divisions in the conference certain users would have as few as 3 user vs user games in a season. Now that we have improved our rosters and our play, the lack of user vs user games is just a killer, all the CPU games are uninteresting, but especially the conference CPU games, since the CPU conference programs are complete doormats now.
But this new feature will allow us to be in a conference where every user plays every other user, have minimal conference CPU games, and still restrict the team prestige/locations at the start, and not only that, but also put the best possible CPU programs in the conference to start, so that the CPU games are more challenging and if someone wants to join our dynasty later their program won't be in shambles by the time they join. It's exactly what we needed. With all due respect I find the complaining about the field logos to be ridiculous!!

# 98 moylan1234 @ 03/15/09 07:04 PM
Trev just because it has little effect on YOUR gaming experience doesn't make it ridiculous. People are looking for a realistic game is that ridiculous? if a team moves into new conference (which happens all the time) do you not expect them to change the logo on their home field and also change the logo on their uniform? the fact that the tech obviously exists within the game as displayed by the bowl endzone art, but for some reason was left out of this feature is really what baffles me.

i'm happy for ODers who this feature will help and those that don't care about the logos, but please show some respect for people who play the game differently than you and are upset that the feature was done half way.

# 99 scdb12 @ 03/15/09 10:11 PM
TrevJO im happy that this will enhance your experience, but tell me something. When you put these big schools say USC, LSU, Ohio State into your conference, and you go on the road and it says PAC 10, SEC, BIG Ten, on their field and your playing in CUSA, your telling me that wont hinder your experience at all. Not even trying to be picky but in the year 2009, i would think that our games have come further than that. (Dont forget Adam said they have the tech to do that.) Dont get me wrong this is a great addition, but I feel that they half-assed this and that they still can fix it and are choosing not to.

# 100 GKEnialb @ 03/15/09 10:31 PM
I don't think anybody would argue that having the correct art is more important than the ability to move teams between conferences, but there's a perception (true or not) that features are never quite complete when they are released. People have been complaining about the conference logos not changing when they change conferences for years, so it's not like EA doesn't know that people were going to be looking for that with custom conferences, but they made a decision to release custom conferences without that fix anyway. Some people are happy with getting something new, even if it's not complete. Some people feel offended when a new feature is added if it's not complete (and worry that it never will be complete, since another incomplete feature will be released the next year). Personally I fall somewhere in between...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.