Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

2K Sports has released some details on patch #2 for Major League Baseball 2K9.

Quote:
"The patch is almost ready for submission as the final tweaks are being made. From there, it must go through the proper approvals which puts it a minimum of two weeks out. But I did want to share JUST A FEW (read NOT ALL) of the things it will address:

AI Agressiveness
Home Run Totals
Fly balls in the outfield tweaked so ghastly fielding errors will be a thing of the past
1st baseman stepping off bag has been tweaked
Issues with the pitch overlay hud
Fixed pickoffs, especially to 2nd base
Roster issues as it pertains to subsituting pitchers and bench"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SoxFan01605 @ 03/21/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ers
game need us ...... we not need game patches are good
This reminded me...does anyone remember the game "Caveman Games"? It was for NES (I think...mighta been SEGA) you could compete in competition like clubbing your wife and dragging her by her hair. Good stuff.

Now...back to the topic (preferably in real English)

# 62 jeffy777 @ 03/21/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This reminded me...does anyone remember the game "Caveman Games"? It was for NES (I think...mighta been SEGA) you could compete in competition like clubbing your wife and dragging her by her hair. Good stuff.

Now...back to the topic (preferably in real English)
That game was sweet! It was for the original NES.

The "Mate Toss" was my fav:
http://www.nesplayer.com/cavemangames/mate.htm

# 63 tinpanalley @ 03/21/09 08:26 PM
It was Caveman Ugh-lympics. Great title. Great game. The old school EA days.

# 64 Spanky @ 03/21/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ers
game need us ...... we not need game patches are good
Thanks, Igor.

# 65 mike24forever @ 03/21/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Thanks, Igor.
Okay...That was funny.

# 66 nbluedevils @ 03/22/09 12:08 AM
I would be curious to see, with regards to the release date for this game, the contract between the 2K team and Major League Baseball. Because I think, at this point, they had to get the game out by a certain date or risk losing their exclusivity deal.

I mean, it would be one thing for them to release this game half-finished and then just take the money and run. But the fact that they are putting together what seems like a comprehensive patch makes me think that they were mandated to put the game out on a certain date and just ran out of time. It's still not an excuse, but it makes me feel a little bit more forgiving towards VC.

# 67 Spanky @ 03/22/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I wonder who's more disappointing/angry with 2K for releasing this game....Major League Baseball or Microsoft.
I doubt that a bunch of fat cats sitting in their 5th Avenue high-rise office buildings -- or wherever they are -- really care about the quality of the game, or even are aware that it bites. Their only concern is how much money it makes them. They'll take a travesty of a game that makes money (apparently this one) over a solid title that doesn't make money (apparently College Hoops) any day.

# 68 CujoMatty @ 03/22/09 02:35 AM
I personally think 2k put themselves into quite a predicament. I think one of the biggest difficulties sports franchises face is the 1 year development cycle. You really need a solid base to work from. That's why alot of sports franchises dont do alot of drastic changes. I commend 2k for what they attempted with 2k8 completly overhauling the control scheme but this probably would have served us gamers a better purpose by doing it without the exclusive liscence. Look at the NHL franchise not many people would argue that the NHL2k series was better until 08 and 09 when ea took over. Ea had a few years to perfect right analog controls and it was ok because we could play 2k. As of now with exclusive rights 2k has to release a baseball game and recoup money they spent on that liscence. I like the game and think it has massive potential just don't expect miracles to happen in one year.

# 69 TahJay561 @ 03/22/09 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
Can you stop trolling in this thread and crawl back under your bridge... Honestly, if they patch this right now, the game will be solid and will not need a patch for a while.

If every legit gamer was like you and was so closed minded, it's a wonder any sports company sells games period. Video games are not real life and hence will never be perfect. To each their own but your little rant proves nothing about you being a legit gamer. I think you have a long way to go before you come into that category. Gamers appreciate a company's efforts and they acknowledge when a company makes the effort to listen to their community. For a first year effort from VC, these patches will go a long way.

Sorry you wasted your money.

Sorry I "troll" online I see people can't take perspective.

# 70 TahJay561 @ 03/22/09 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
oh well thnx god i rented this game, wow 2k huge disaster
Stop trolling. This is grounds for warning. You must love the game or speak nothing of it. All the best Operation Sports.

# 71 nyisles16 @ 03/22/09 11:35 AM
First and only warning - discuss the patch, and just the patch.. Any further going "off topic" will cause this thread to be shut down.

# 72 SoxFan01605 @ 03/22/09 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
First and only warning - discuss the patch, and just the patch.. Any further going "off topic" will cause this thread to be shut down.
Dang...so I gues I can't discuss "Caveman Games" any further.

Jokes aside. I'm wondering if people are pinning too much hop on this patch. I mean the game is so buggy overall, I just don't know. I'm not saying one shouldn't be hopeful for a better product. I just think some people might be setting themselves up for diappointment.

Chances are if you don't like the game much now, you won't like it after the patch. It will still be the same game, should just be a bit more stable overall. Just a thought.

# 73 markprior22 @ 03/22/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Dang...so I gues I can't discuss "Caveman Games" any further.

Jokes aside. I'm wondering if people are pinning too much hop on this patch. I mean the game is so buggy overall, I just don't know. I'm not saying one shouldn't be hopeful for a better product. I just think some people might be setting themselves up for diappointment.

Chances are if you don't like the game much now, you won't like it after the patch. It will still be the same game, should just be a bit more stable overall. Just a thought.
Well, I'm really enjoying the game right now. I have encountered all the known issues that have been posted but the occurrences have been rare. I doubt I will play a franchise...I have never done that with a console game (might give it a go...just not sure yet). The fixes that are already confirmed are a great step. Anyway, as for myself, I'm loving it and am really looking forward to the patch.

# 74 SoxFan01605 @ 03/22/09 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Well, I'm really enjoying the game right now. I have encountered all the known issues that have been posted but the occurrences have been rare. I doubt I will play a franchise...I have never done that with a console game (might give it a go...just not sure yet). The fixes that are already confirmed are a great step. Anyway, as for myself, I'm loving it and am really looking forward to the patch.
That's good. I have no doubt people already enjoying the game will only enjoy it more post-patch. I also have no doubt that several who are trying to get into it (because the generally enjoy the 2K brand of baseball) might be able to finally get going post-patch. Between the patch fixes and the potential roster editor and other PC mods, I'm hopeful to start getting into this game a bit more as well.

I'm speaking more about those expecting this to "fix" a game they find to be completely (or nearly) broken. The more significant issues will hopefully be addressed, but this will still be the same game overall. If one doesn't see any potential in 2K9 (as a current title) then the patch likely won't change their mind.

Just getting that out there before the flood of "THIS GAME IS STILL CRAP...THE PATCH DIDN'T FIX IT!!!" type threads start rolling in...lol

# 75 jeffy777 @ 03/22/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
I'm speaking more about those expecting this to "fix" a game they find to be completely (or nearly) broken. The more significant issues will hopefully be addressed, but this will still be the same game overall. If one doesn't see any potential in 2K9 (as a current title) then the patch likely won't change their mind.
I can't stand playing 2K9 right now, but I don't see the whole game as being broken. It's just that the things which are wrong with it are REALLY annoying to me, but thankfully those things are mentioned in the fix list (AI aggression, pickoffs being too easy, flyball issues, homeruns are WAY too easy to hit online) so if those problems can get ironed out, I could see myself enjoying 2K9, especially online.

I just hope they don't let me down like last year when they said they were going to fix the online lag, but never did

# 76 PES3Paul @ 03/22/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I can't stand playing 2K9 right now, but I don't see the whole game as being broken. It's just that the things which are wrong with it are REALLY annoying to me, but thankfully those things are mentioned in the fix list (AI aggression, pickoffs being too easy, flyball issues, homeruns are WAY too easy to hit online) so if those problems can get ironed out, I could see myself enjoying 2K9, especially online.

I just hope they don't let me down like last year when they said they were going to fix the online lag, but never did
The control/button mapping issue has to be near the top of the list. It's bad enough the game went out with more bugs than Terminix can handle, but it's doubly frustrating for those who have perfectly working Xbox360 wireless or Logitech 12-button gamepads not to be able to calibrate their stuff and make it stick.

# 77 SDwinder @ 03/22/09 07:32 PM
The fact that the 2k9 wasnt ready out of the box isnt that big of a deal if they have it ready to go for Opening Day. VC had a limited year cycle to completely overhaul the game, some people seem to forget, so they should get a little more leeway.

The biggest problem all along has been comparing it to the precision of the Sony dev team on The Show, and the end result out of the box. If The Show did not exist, human nature would dictate more latitude with 2K9. With that being said, The Show is leaps and bounds better than 2K9 can hope to be. It is the core fundamentals of the design of the game that 2k9 cannot patch, that hampers it this year. The patch just fixes bugs, hopefully.

# 78 Bahnzo @ 03/23/09 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
VC had a limited year cycle to completely overhaul the game, some people seem to forget, so they should get a little more leeway.
Can we please stop with this allusion? VC themselves stated they had a full development cycle with 2K9, so this notion they should be given leeway because they didn't is completely false.

# 79 Bahnzo @ 03/23/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

I'm at the same point right now. Each game I play includes several ridiculous errors that ruin it. It's become obvious to me there's no way 2K/VC didn't know these were issues and released the game anyhow.

So until the patch comes out, MLB 2K9 is pretty much relegated to the shelf. And the quality of this patch may have a lot to do with whether or not I consider buying it next year. I'll have a PS3 soon, so you know what that means

# 80 bcruise @ 03/23/09 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
So until the patch comes out, MLB 2K9 is pretty much relegated to the shelf. And the quality of this patch may have a lot to do with whether or not I consider buying it next year. I'll have a PS3 soon, so you know what that means
That's where I'm at right now too. I'm a bonafide Showaholic, but I want to see this game at its full potential too. I think the upcoming patch (and PC mods) will do that, and I'll probably be giving it a lot more playtime as the season goes on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.