Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Peter Moore has posted the first screenshot of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"While we have a number of announcements and updates to come over the next several weeks leading up to next month's NFL Draft, I'm excited to debut the first screenshot from this year's game right here this week. The old adage says, "A picture is worth a thousand words", and that is certainly true in this fantastic shot. How many improvements can you pick out? The Madden dev team will call each one out in their blog later this week."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Cryolemon @ 03/23/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I already see a glaring error in that shot.

Ben's O-line forming a pocket and protecting him? Unrealistic.

/yes im joking
Lol.

# 102 drventure @ 03/23/09 02:24 PM
wow this looks amazing

with each new update and now this, it makes even harder to play 09 right now

# 103 Ian_Cummings @ 03/23/09 02:25 PM
Still 2 more new things that haven't been mentioned...

These are quite small details...you'll have to get your super critical eyes out. I never thought there was a shortage of those around here?

# 104 Solidice @ 03/23/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You know, in Madden Moments for 09, they had specific team endzones for the Patriots Vs. The Giants.

I wonder if this shot is a Madden Moment? Hmmmmm...
it's probably using the Texture Compositor. same thing that the NCAA team used to combine the art files together to get the team-specific endzones for bowl games, etc...

most likely same tech was used to get the super bowl patches on the jerseys.

# 105 Golden28 @ 03/23/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I thought about that also. But I thought that'd be silly...
An OL was on the Madden 09 Spanish version
I think it would be a real statement of intent buy putting a DL or OL on the cover.

To me, it would say...goodbye to the fancy flashy window dressing Madden experience with no substance and hello to the new gritty realistic sim Madden.

Not that having an offensive superstar is a bad thing but just musing.

# 106 thudias @ 03/23/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drventure
wow this looks amazing

with each new update and now this, it makes even harder to play 09 right now
Don't even try..trade it in now to get maximum Gamestop trade in value and reserve your Madden 10.

# 107 green94 @ 03/23/09 02:26 PM
It is truly amazing when you start to quantify the amount of work Ian and his team have accomplished in 1 year...

And we've only seen ONE screenshot.

# 108 nuckles2k2 @ 03/23/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
The coach is wearing a watch and some players on the sidelines have their helmets off. the ones that are sitting on the bench.

LOL
Unless that's Dick LeBeau that's not a coach, I'm assuming that's part of the officiating staff.

# 109 canes21 @ 03/23/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

These are quite small details...you'll have to get your super critical eyes out. I never thought there was a shortage of those around here?
Was my WR New Animation guess correct?

# 110 adembroski @ 03/23/09 02:27 PM
I think some of us are reading too much into this screen shot.

1. There is no evidence of interactive sidelines. However, I do see live coaches, and that's a huge plus.

2. Too small an area to judge accurately how much blocking has been improved. It looks like a pocket's forming, but we see only 2 linemen and they're very close to the QB.

3. We've seen these animations by offensive linemen with '09... but they were basically in an engage-disengage system with animations to make it look kinda like blocking.

My personal "list of 6"
1. Superbowl Sidelines
2. Superbowl patches
3. Hand towels
4. Refs and chain gang
5. Enhanced graphics
6. Coaches wandering sidelines

Chin strap? Were there chin straps like that in '09? It looks like the slack after the snap is actually hanging off the helmet.

# 111 DMczaf @ 03/23/09 02:27 PM
Ian, do you guys already know what you're going to show in the first trailer?

Also, great job of getting the coaches walking the sideline

# 112 drventure @ 03/23/09 02:28 PM
is it the different sleeves or has that already been mentioned

# 113 lgxjames @ 03/23/09 02:28 PM
Quote:

The jokes just never stop do they

# 114 ch46647 @ 03/23/09 02:29 PM
Ian all I want to say is thanks to you and your team for working so hard to return Madden to the great game that we all grew up to love. I am so excited for August it is UNBELIEVABLE!!

I do have one question though.. Does the towel move or does it just stay attached to the hip?

# 115 Ian_Cummings @ 03/23/09 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Was my WR New Animation guess correct?
That was mentioned in the WR/DB blog so I don't consider that 'new', but yes, that is new for 10.

# 116 matt8204 @ 03/23/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I'm blown away!!!!

Just wow, wow man!

I'm so excited!!!

I noticed
Towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Team specific sidelines
Super bowl patches
QB Flak Jacket
On Field Refs
Chain Gang
Jerseys move (it really looks like they're flapping in the wind a bit)
QB is holding the ball correctly
The names on the back of the jerseys are better, also so are the numbers on the jersey (they are not bunched, or skewed).

Also, I swear those chin straps look like they move...and I think I see asst. coaches on the sidelines man...I'm still studying this pic though.

Amazing...amazing...amazing!!!

I'm frigin flippin out over here man...

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

I'm buying extra copies to give out!
Yeah, I thought I saw Dick LeBeau on the sideline in a grey shirt. This is very impressive. Anyone have a time portal so we can get to August faster?

# 117 Ian_Cummings @ 03/23/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
3. We've seen these animations by offensive linemen with '09... but they were basically in an engage-disengage system with animations to make it look kinda like blocking.
Incorrect. Epic fail.

# 118 PGaither84 @ 03/23/09 02:31 PM
While I know that Proceduaral Awareness is in place because ofyour update, I can't really tell if it is working in a screen shot. You could maybe argue the DT is looking at ben or something but there really is no spot to se WHAT/WHO ben is looking at. if this is one of the features Ian is counting to be in the shot, I really don't think that is far as there are no tip offs that I can see, other than ben NOT looking at his reciver down field n the shot.

Also the LB on the far left seems to be looking into space, no looking at the Lineman or QB he is hoping to rush, or even a RB who may have been part of a play action because how far into the backfield he is looking. I know, maybe he is looking at John Candy's ghost!

I do see real time lighting effects/more visibly at least. I really look forward o Ian or someone pointing out what we ARE missing. Grat update guys.

# 119 thudias @ 03/23/09 02:32 PM
Are the refs authentic? Is that Ed Hocculi (sp)?

# 120 thudias @ 03/23/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Incorrect. Epic fail.
Ohh burn

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.