Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers pocket protection.

Quote:
"Well there you have it, a full pocket. You can see that both Offensive Tackles (OT) were able to ride the Defensive Ends (DE) or Linebackers (LB) out wide behind the Quarterback (QB) instead of just standing them straight up. This year we are giving the Tackles the ability to take a Defensive End wide around the QB in a realistic fashion."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rocky @ 03/24/09 08:40 PM
Looks good, but meaningless if the QB can just roll out whenever he wants.

# 2 tyler289 @ 03/24/09 08:40 PM
Very relieving after seeing those USC pics. Glad to see some improvement.

# 3 SteelerSpartan @ 03/24/09 08:41 PM

Gives me hope again This comes through for us "simers"

# 4 LionsFanNJ @ 03/24/09 08:41 PM
Now thats the type of info i like to hear/see. Good stuff in the blog post. I have to say that this looks marvelous(there's other photos in the blog breaking down the right and left sides specifically):

# 5 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 08:42 PM
I wanna know if there are double teams in this year game?

# 6 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
If the OL/DL INA is done right it should do just that. I dont like the fading icon thing very much.

# 7 N51_rob @ 03/24/09 08:46 PM
Hopefully this will counter those that would put 160 lbs RB's at DE to get an atvantage rushing the QB, it also looks like it will make the "scramble right, scramble left" play a little harder.

# 8 SteelerSpartan @ 03/24/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

Hopefully Sliders can be a Last Defense for offline players if theres a problem there

Ian and Co would gain major props here if they produced a Gameplay Vid/Blog in the future where all their trying to do is break the pocket....

Could Use two Qbs....1 being a pocket passer like P.Manning and the other the Beast that is B-Roeth on the run escaping pressure

# 9 Squeezee12 @ 03/24/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Gives me hope again This comes through for us "simers"
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Instant laugh attack!!!!!!!!!!

# 10 Squeezee12 @ 03/24/09 08:56 PM
Just want to make sure so Im not waiting around towards the end of the week... Is this our feature release for this week?

# 11 LionsFanNJ @ 03/24/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I have to laugh....for YEARS we have been clamoring for better OL-DL interactions and formation of a real pocket and the first responses to actually seeing it being implemented are coming across as "meh..."
QFT.

# 12 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I have to laugh....for YEARS we have been clamoring for better OL-DL interactions and formation of a real pocket and the first responses to actually seeing it being implemented are coming across as "meh..."

Personally, I think this blog is extremely encouraging. The pictures are showing EXACTLY what I have been hoping for...now I would of course like to see them in motion to be sure that the problem is fixed, but that series of photos is solid enough for me to be pumped up about the changes for sure.
No doubt this is great! This should change everybody mind about this game. This game goes from a maybe to a must buy! It was IMHO the most important game play issue.

# 13 jfsolo @ 03/24/09 08:59 PM
This is probably the best blog/screen shot pertaining to NCAA Football that I've seen in last two years. This one little blub of info has brought me back from the seriously skeptical camp, to being hopeful again.

# 14 tyler289 @ 03/24/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Just want to make sure so Im not waiting around towards the end of the week... Is this our feature release for this week?
In the blog, it says that we will have more information soon (I'm assuming tomorrow or Thursday)

# 15 SHO @ 03/24/09 09:00 PM
"We don't believe you! You need more people!" - Jay-Z

# 16 TheWatcher @ 03/24/09 09:13 PM
Nice. However, pockets formed occasionally before... okay, almost never. So the question is, how consistent will this be in 2010? How will the constant cheese rollouts be stopped?

Also, will we be able to select and play from this angle:

^^^ It'd be nice if the effects could stay on for angles like these. It looks great, but I know I'm just dream'in there.

# 17 Solidice @ 03/24/09 09:14 PM

this + the new WR/DB interactions will go a long way to making this game great. those 2 things were top 5 in the things I wanted improved on. now I'm just hoping that the AI logic is improved, then the game will be playable again(from a gameplay perspective).

# 18 OMT @ 03/24/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
No doubt this is great! This should change everybody mind about this game. This game goes from a maybe to a must buy! It was IMHO the most important game play issue.
Wait... weren't you just organizing a boycott?

Glad you're happy!

# 19 the onizzle @ 03/24/09 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

Also, will we be able to select and play from this angle:

How in the world would you see your receivers from that angle? Makes for a slick looking screenshot/ replay though.

# 20 J-Unit40 @ 03/24/09 09:18 PM
This news is friggin' sweet! I like it. It's one of the big areas we have been waiting for a big improvement.

Thank you!

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.