Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers pocket protection.

Quote:
"Well there you have it, a full pocket. You can see that both Offensive Tackles (OT) were able to ride the Defensive Ends (DE) or Linebackers (LB) out wide behind the Quarterback (QB) instead of just standing them straight up. This year we are giving the Tackles the ability to take a Defensive End wide around the QB in a realistic fashion."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 i c u cant stop me @ 03/24/09 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

WTF is wrong with the third guy in line? He must be the "special teams" ref...lol
LOL i think hes crying cause he wanted to be motion captured in ncaa10.

# 42 DLaren @ 03/24/09 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

WTF is wrong with the third guy in line? He must be the "special teams" ref...lol
Well Played.

# 43 countryboy @ 03/24/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me

LMFAO!!!!

# 44 sportzbro @ 03/24/09 10:50 PM
What is up with the black cleats for OU?

# 45 ChiSox05 @ 03/24/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
HAHAHA post of the day!

# 46 Hellisan @ 03/24/09 11:05 PM
The Quarterback's legs look way too pasty! I'm NOT going to be buying NCAA '10!!!!!!!

# 47 AuburnAlumni @ 03/24/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Wheres AuburnAlum at?? We might be witnessing the birth of what he fought so hard for last year around here
Just got home. I posted in the EA "Gameplay Dude"'s thread.

Adam is no longer my favorite guy here....He has been replaced by Gameplay Dude.

Gameplay Dude is going to hate seeing my bouncing avatar by Mid May because Gameplay Dude is about to get harassed for a solid.....how many months do we have til release?

I want a true pocket, I want RATINGS TO MATTER, i.e. if I have a 95-freaking-rated Defensive lineman going against a Craptastic 72 rated Offensive lineman, my stud DL better damn well be LIVING in that backfield the entire game. That goes for my Stud OL destroying inferior D lines as well.

I also want to make sure that the absolutely ridiculous pancake fest '09 is erased for '10, where when Auburn plays Akron and Akron's entire O line simultaneously flips all 4 of my Defensive line (each of which is around 15-20 points higher overall) on their heads within .008 milliseconds of the ball being snapped.

If these things are addressed....I might have a party in my pants. But I have to see it to believe it. One picture isn't going to convince me.

# 48 SteelerSpartan @ 03/24/09 11:43 PM
Yes, Need to see it in action for sure but ya got to be a little excited...for there is still hope yet

Edit: Ian has stated that Players weight should factor into their "push" as well(But it was in tuning phase for Madden, Hope that made it into NCAA)

# 49 Young J 334 @ 03/24/09 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Just got home. I posted in the EA "Gameplay Dude"'s thread.

Adam is no longer my favorite guy here....He has been replaced by Gameplay Dude.

Gameplay Dude is going to hate seeing my bouncing avatar by Mid May because Gameplay Dude is about to get harassed for a solid.....how many months do we have til release?

I want a true pocket, I want RATINGS TO MATTER, i.e. if I have a 95-freaking-rated Defensive lineman going against a Craptastic 72 rated Offensive lineman, my stud DL better damn well be LIVING in that backfield the entire game. That goes for my Stud OL destroying inferior D lines as well.

I also want to make sure that the absolutely ridiculous pancake fest '09 is erased for '10, where when Auburn plays Akron and Akron's entire O line simultaneously flips all 4 of my Defensive line (each of which is around 15-20 points higher overall) on their heads within .008 milliseconds of the ball being snapped.

If these things are addressed....I might have a party in my pants. But I have to see it to believe it. One picture isn't going to convince me.
Couldn've said it better myself!

# 50 canes21 @ 03/24/09 11:44 PM
What is your avatar from? And I hope the ratings matter too. I also hope that the line just doesn't start making the pocket when the ball is snapped. Or else we could exploit it very easily.

# 51 Allaboutme @ 03/25/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Seriously where have i been! So no towels either
The guy just gave us news about something that could improve gameplay a long ways and this is whats worrying you. to each his own i guess.

# 52 TheSaint92 @ 03/25/09 01:03 AM
Great update.

# 53 Madwolf @ 03/25/09 01:50 AM
It will be interesting to see NCAA's perks over Maddens perks this year, but so far it seems that NCAA will be the victim of time this year.

While Madden has shown us the little things that count, NCAA has been a little more quite overall. My guess is that is because NCAA and Madden both share ties in the major improvements department, an area which as we know hasn't or cannot be discussed yet. I would assume that NCAA will still a little of Madden's thunder as it's release draws closer and some of the bigger gameplay changing features are announced.

It may be a return, for now, to the days when Madden finished the better product year after year, but I won't have to many complaints if the changes being made make NCAA Football 10 a fun simulation style football game, even if I can't use the ref to set a screen for my WRs.

# 54 i c u cant stop me @ 03/25/09 02:29 AM

SO YOU GUYS AT EA WANNA LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR GAME??? ILL SHOW YOU!!!

# 55 Bodizzy @ 03/25/09 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Great to read about pocket protection! Yeah, we need to see it in action, but it's significant, gameplay-related info.

No referees, though. That's a major surprise to me. I guess I figured NCAA and Madden would take that long overdue step together. It's still kinda crazy that both games have gone this long with no refs.

But now that Madden has refs again, won't the lack of them in NCAA stand out that much more?

The teams are on the field alone. No one is officiating the games. It looks strange now, and it's going to look a whole lot stranger once Madden 10 gets people used to seeing refs again (not counting APF 2K8).
Word. I've never made a major gripe about the lack of refs because it was something I could look past, but now that they're going to be in Madden, well, it will make NCAA feel like some bare, Hollow Deck spin of college football. And the more I think about it, it seems like putting refs in the game would be a priority to some degree. They may not affect gameplay, but they directly impact immersion and the sim feel of things, especially considering they are on the field during the game. They're a part of what we actually see. We might not see the drunken idiots spilling beer on each other in the nosebleeds, but we see refs running around and throwing flags. When my LT holds on a pass play, I should see a ref throw the yellow cloth. Everybody here knows how far that would go to immersing everyone into a full-blown simulation of college football.

# 56 JAYMO76 @ 03/25/09 03:10 AM
Good job EA... you are listening to the community and this has a lot of promise. I look forward to seeing actual gameplay VIDEO footage ASAP to see how this looks in real time.

However, two steps forward one step back... REFS on the field (or better said "not" on the field). As Madden will have them and the game basics are shared between platforms I believe that the longterm NCAA football gamers desrve an explanation as to why refs will not be in the game. Please don't interpret this commentary as rude but... "not enough time" doesn't cut it. If it's in Madden you have the ability to have it in NCAA. So is this a choice by EA? A choice by Tiburon? Could you please provide an concise answer to the question so we hardore NCAA supporters can better appreciate your decision making process. Thank you.

# 57 Solidice @ 03/25/09 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
wwoah, woah, slow down there buddy, where is this gameplay dude thread at?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gner-chat.html

# 58 edubbs @ 03/25/09 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Looks good, but meaningless if the QB can just roll out whenever he wants.
This is the key.

The Tackles should 'automaticly' release the DE's, if the QB tries to rollout of the pocket. The DE's should gain a big advantage when the QB tries this. They should be able to dis-engage and pursue the QB right away in this scenario.

If not, having a pocket would not serve the right purpose IMO.

Sprinkle in code for holding calls also, if players still try to roll out of the pocket too much.

# 59 PVarck31 @ 03/25/09 09:17 AM
I look up this weeks NCAA blog............AND I JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!!

# 60 countryboy @ 03/25/09 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I look up this weeks NCAA blog............AND I JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!!
ewwwww....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.