Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rocky @ 03/25/09 11:58 AM
Looks good to me.

# 42 canes21 @ 03/25/09 12:02 PM
Anyone else notice it looks like a pocket is forming?

# 43 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
"As you can see we are very serious about getting to those little details. Our feeling is that every single player is probably someone's favorite, so if we get that character wrong in any way, the Madden experience is less than what it could be for that fan."
They still messed up on Big Ben's helmet he wears a regular riddell one (the first choosable helmet in the player editor) instead of a schutt one like in the screens.

# 44 drventure @ 03/25/09 12:07 PM
nice, it has been a while since i have really wanted to buy a madden game

# 45 Atomic Martian @ 03/25/09 12:10 PM
Speeechless

# 46 green94 @ 03/25/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man, this whole thing with 7 refs and collision detection is scaring me. If they can pull it of thats great, but I'm seeing that actually pulling resources from other spots. I dont want my game crashing or freezing up randomly. I would have taken 1 or 2 refs on the field with the rest of those resources directed to the players on the sideline.
Come on now... they aren't going to add all of this stuff and sacrifice 60fps. It's just not going to happen, I wouldn't worry.

# 47 raphael @ 03/25/09 12:24 PM
I like the fact that superbowl patches are a yearly thing in franchise mode

# 48 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
They still messed up on Big Ben's helmet he wears a regular riddell one (the first choosable helmet in the player editor) instead of a schutt one like in the screens.
Actually they have all the players wearing adams helmets for some reason.......... I think they are going to go through every player and get their equipment right because one of the players somehow has an adams helmet with a revolution facemask.

# 49 green94 @ 03/25/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Actually they have all the players wearing adams helmets for some reason.......... I think they are going to go through every player and get their equipment right because one of the players somehow has an adams helmet with a revolution facemask.
I feel left out, I know nothing about facemasks. NOTHING.

# 50 shad_moss93 @ 03/25/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/03/24/ncaa-football-10-pocket-protection.aspx

If ncaa10 has got a pocket then so must M10 right?? here's hoping?!?!

NCAA Football 10: Pocket Protection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I am really happy they posted this. I know that the NCAA faithful were starting to get really upset with all of the new Madden stuff dropping and them feeling stuck with just having that one old shot of the line all stuck in the middle of the field.

We're waiting a little longer to unveil some of the real nitty-gritty details and tech behind OL/DL interaction (because it's still very much in progress), but at least with them dropping this now, it should confirm to you all that we are definitely not going to let this area go untouched...we are hoping to make major strides here just like so many other areas.

In short, it might be a while before you get more detail on how it all works...but now you all can at least know it is very high on our list.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...73-post14.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039341373

# 51 ch46647 @ 03/25/09 12:32 PM
Wow all this looks so great!!!! I cant believe how many improvements they are making to the game and it is still MARCH!!! This development team is really setting a standard for how much can be done to a game in ONE year. I am as optimistic as it gets when it comes to Madden but even I did not think they could turn this game into something great in just one year. These guys are flat out amazing at what they do.

Anyone else notice that over the last week they have started giving out much more information and more open to answering questions? Between the blogs, the developers Twitters and just their random posts in answering questions things are starting to really open up. That is HUGE news for the weeks and months ahead.

# 52 bronxct1 @ 03/25/09 12:34 PM
Question: If we play an exhibition game with say the steelers vs. giants and pick Arrow Head stadium as a neutral site. Will it still show chiefs endzones or will they dynamically change ala the Superbowl style? Or can we pick the superbowl stadium to have that effect in exhibition?

# 53 jvaccaro @ 03/25/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm very happy about this. The one other VERY important part of this fix though, is also getting the actual names correct. For example, you wanna make sure Champ Bailey's tag says "Bailey" and not "C.Bailey". That kind of thing. What I would do if this hasn't been done already, is take the most recognizable players in the NFL (Top players at their positions and work my down) and make sure those guys have their nameplate names right. Then after the most recognizable players are complete, I'd start working my way down to the grunt players.

If the 3rd string Linebacker for the Bengals has the nameplate name wrong I won't care and probably wouldn't even be paying attention, or may not even know what it's supposed to look like. But if Ray Lewis's is wrong, I'm going to notice that immediately.

So top players first, then trickle down.
Great post!

I totally agree here. It was very frustrating a few years ago when Madden showed Brady's jersey as "T. BRADY" because Kyle Brady was their TE. I know some players have had that spelled out, but really that's what the numbers are for, IMO. This shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, but it is very noticeable on the top tier players...

# 54 NYyankz225 @ 03/25/09 12:40 PM
Know what would be cool? If from now until the end of development Michael could post a short blog with a picture of one high profile player from each team. Although the art team is clearly doing a great job, the community might have suggestions on some of the big name players like they did with Ben which could help improve the realism in the model and the jerseys. I'd hate for Big Ben to be the only one to get the "special treatment" and not any others. Although I'm sure they're constantly tweaking them anyway.

# 55 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxct1
Question: If we play an exhibition game with say the steelers vs. giants and pick Arrow Head stadium as a neutral site. Will it still show chiefs endzones or will they dynamically change ala the Superbowl style? Or can we pick the superbowl stadium to have that effect in exhibition?
I believe so, Im still wondering how this is going to work.

"Teams will wear Super Bowl patches on their jerseys for the big game, whether you are reliving Super Bowl XLIII or in year 30 of your franchise."

Im wondering if that means a madden moment or the ability to take any exhibition match and replay it in last years superbowl or the ability to start your franchise from last year or what but its cool either way.

# 56 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Great post!

I totally agree here. It was very frustrating a few years ago when Madden showed Brady's jersey as "T. BRADY" because Kyle Brady was their TE. I know some players have had that spelled out, but really that's what the numbers are for, IMO. This shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, but it is very noticeable on the top tier players...
As of last yeat in the nfl they removed any first initials from players with the same name. Goodell said that the numbers are how to differentiate the players so now all players with the same name on their jersey will go unchanged and have the exact same nameplate as the other players on the field with the same last name.

# 57 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 12:52 PM
Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

# 58 ch46647 @ 03/25/09 01:04 PM
^^^ Wholeheartedly agree. Nice post!

# 59 RGiles36 @ 03/25/09 01:22 PM
Quote:
Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

I agree. I think it may be slightly large (maybe), but no where near as large as we were making out to be. I had said in the first screenshot thread that after further review, it could've just been the angle that we were looking at to make the ball seem so huge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
With that said, I think we're making a fuss out of small issue. I just fiddled around with the Madden 09 demo and while the football was still a little large, it was no where near the behomoth the ball was in Madden 08. So if the ball is even smaller than it was last year (which wasn't a big distraction in 09 IMO), I think it's ok.

Call me crazy, but I think the angle in which the screenshot is presented makes the ball appear larger than what it might possibly be.

# 60 StevieTheD @ 03/25/09 01:29 PM
Quote:
Referees on the Field
Unlike last-gen which only had 5, we were able to get all 7 referees in to Madden NFL 10 with AI and a full suite of avoidance (and collision) animations.
Chain Gang on the Sidelines
Because you see it on Sunday, the chain gang has been added back. They dynamically move up and down the sideline giving clear indication of the first down spot and line of scrimmage.
^ My two favorite things from that blog.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.