Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 PGaither84 @ 03/26/09 08:25 PM
Thanks again KANE

# 162 marcoyk @ 03/26/09 09:09 PM
lookin good

# 163 TWeezy @ 03/26/09 11:38 PM
Please tell me that they are puting the wildcat offense in the game. If your gonna add one new play element, it has to be that. I am a cowboys fan, and just found out that the boy's are gonna run a wildcat this season. And i really want to be able to use it. I bet all the dolphin fans want to too. If any one know the answer to this question, can you please respond.

# 164 SeaNNyT @ 03/27/09 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
One thing that bugs me about most player models is that it seems like their helmets are too big for their heads. If you look at the following screenshot you can see that the helmet looks huge on his head. The helmets should fit the head tighter and should be more long then round.

I would also like to point out the football itself needs a size reduction, it just looks to big, especially in this screenshot.

# 165 RGiles36 @ 03/27/09 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I would also like to point out the football itself needs a size reduction, it just looks to big, especially in this screenshot.
Hey, a fellow Delawarean!

It's already been pointed out to the team. It was pointed out in the first screenshot thread and Ian commented on it. I think he's going to attempt to shrink it a bit, but there's not much that can be done at this point without screwing up the animations or something.

# 166 Cryolemon @ 03/27/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWeezy
Please tell me that they are puting the wildcat offense in the game. If your gonna add one new play element, it has to be that. I am a cowboys fan, and just found out that the boy's are gonna run a wildcat this season. And i really want to be able to use it. I bet all the dolphin fans want to too. If any one know the answer to this question, can you please respond.
It has been mentioned that it will be in, not sure there's been any confirmation yet though.

# 167 xXCR055F1R3Xx @ 03/27/09 01:54 PM
Yea like super bowl winning plays

# 168 TWeezy @ 03/27/09 10:00 PM
Cloth physics would be absolutly sweet. Like when a guy just barly get ahold of the guy with the ball and and gets a hand full of jersey. the jersey could streatch out and depending on how good of leverage the ball carier has, he could break free or be ripped back and tackled. or like when a player misses a tackle and lands on his shoulder, his shoulder pad should come out. and im not talking about animations. im saying physics. I think this is something for next year, because i think it will take alot of work. But it would be soooo freakin cool. If a memeber of the EA team could respond to weather this is even possible, or should i not get my hopes up.

P.S. = all these blogs are really getting me pumped to play this new madden.

# 169 apimpnamedsirslick @ 03/28/09 08:41 PM
I just hope EA add all every alternate uniform for ex Pats Blue on Blue, Ravens White on White, Seahawks Blue on White

# 170 moylan1234 @ 03/28/09 08:43 PM
i loved those blue on blue pats unis, but i doubt they'll wear them again anytime soon. they tried them a couple of years aga and lost everytime so i think they're pretty much retired

# 171 NFLHITMAN @ 03/29/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
One thing that bugs me about most player models is that it seems like their helmets are too big for their heads. If you look at the following screenshot you can see that the helmet looks huge on his head. The helmets should fit the head tighter and should be more long then round.

IMO I think "BIG" Ben is way to thin in this picture. He is a big guy and with his rib pads he is pretty thick. Not Lineman thick but thicker than this shows. I would think his arms would be bigger also.

# 172 KANE699 @ 03/29/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
IMO I think "BIG" Ben is way to thin in this picture. He is a big guy and with his rib pads he is pretty thick. Not Lineman thick but thicker than this shows. I would think his arms would be bigger also.
It's because he isn't wearing his flack jacket, this is in ncaa but we don't know if its going to make it into madden yet.

# 173 Vikes1 @ 03/29/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This is only my opinion...but........this screenshot (As well as the other ones I've seen) is the most realistic looking Madden screen I've seen yet.

I can't wait to see some gameplay videos.
I agree Segagendude.

Madden '10' looks just beautiful, and yeah...quite realistic.

Hopefully the first videos we see of this game, looks as good or better in motion than it does standing still. If they can get the player movement smooth and realistic looking, along with these graphics...wow!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.