Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one features player pursuit angles.

Quote:
"As you can see given the same situation as our previous example the defenders are not thrown off their angle by the direction changes. Long story short… the defenders do not fall for every direction change, but instead will move to intercept the ball carrier at a more logical location. This will really cut down on the effectiveness of “twitch” runs.

Also the new Player Pursuit will recognize a ball carrier pulling away from a slower defender and make them attempt a diving tackle. This creates more tackles and more realistic chase situations… more often than not a player will attempt a dive as a last ditched effort when they know they are falling behind, not just continue to follow the ball carrier.

That isn’t all; this new system has allowed us to have defenders sometimes take a bad angle using the Pursuit Rating (PUR) of the player. Bad pursuit is a part of football, not every player will play the perfect angle every play. So playing against lower rated players (or younger players with lower PUR) you will see them over run a play allowing the ball carrier to cut back against the gain and pick up some more yards."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 knucklez @ 03/26/09 04:09 PM
EA is really shooting themselves in the foot with these NCAA screenshots and videos. It looks like barely anything has been fixed from last year.

# 22 br329 @ 03/26/09 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Sounds good...I am glad they fixed this. BTW are those the new Army & Navy jerseys they wore last year? I have terrible vision btw.
I believe they are! They were really cool to see last year.

# 23 LionsFanNJ @ 03/26/09 04:19 PM
Wow the typical hyperbole panic has set in as usual.

# 24 kindella2 @ 03/26/09 04:23 PM
LMAO at everyone loving the vids then studying the hell out of them til they hate em and then saying they havent changed anything. it still 3 months before they even have to send it to the store...calm down.

# 25 valaser @ 03/26/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
EA is really shooting themselves in the foot with these NCAA screenshots and videos. It looks like barely anything has been fixed from last year.
Yeah, nothing at all has been fixed. No WR\DB and OL interaction, no pursuit angle fixes.
/sarcasm

What a weiner.

It's so frustrating to hear people constantly complaining about this that and the other. Hair, towels, face masks, for Christ's sake you can't even see any of this stuff unless you're in replay mode. I'd much rather have core gameplay issues fixed before worrying about this frivolous crap. Of course, I feel the same way about camera flashes, wind socks, and field goal nets, but at least they're fixing things at the same time.

It's going to be hilarious to listen to people complaining about eye black when create a school is announced as a feature ( )

# 26 knucklez @ 03/26/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
LMAO at everyone loving the vids then studying the hell out of them til they hate em and then saying they havent changed anything. it still 3 months before they even have to send it to the store...calm down.
I'm don't even play NCAA so it doesn't affect me much, but isn't this the same thing that happens every year? What proof do you have of what the game will be like besides these actual videos?

# 27 knucklez @ 03/26/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valaser
Yeah, nothing at all has been fixed. No WR\DB and OL interaction, no pursuit angle fixes.
/sarcasm

What a weiner.

It's so frustrating to hear people constantly complaining about this that and the other. Hair, towels, face masks, for Christ's sake you can't even see any of this stuff unless you're in replay mode. I'd much rather have core gameplay issues fixed before worrying about this frivolous crap. Of course, I feel the same way about camera flashes, wind socks, and field goal nets, but at least they're fixing things at the same time.

It's going to be hilarious to listen to people complaining about eye black when create a school is announced as a feature ( )
I don't give a **** about that stuff. I don't post here often and if you look at my posts I'm only concerned about gameplay.

# 28 RGiles36 @ 03/26/09 04:28 PM
Good thing they got those fixed though I haven't played NCAA 09 extensively.

The vids looked a little robotic and lacked fluidity. But if it's one thing I've learned in the past week or two, it's not to jump to conclusions. I thought the line play was awful in those first few screens and I was proven wrong with the OL/DL blog this week. So I'll gladly hush my mouth .

# 29 LionsFanNJ @ 03/26/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valaser
I see what you did there.

# 30 thudias @ 03/26/09 04:33 PM
I'm kinda with Rgiles on this but I just get a bad pit in my stomach about this game. I am not sure I will get over that first rollout screenshot until I play the game. Either that or I need to be overloaded with positive info.

# 31 Lava @ 03/26/09 04:35 PM
Thank God, hopefully this applies to PR/KR as well and helps tone down returns for TDs greatly.

# 32 sportzbro @ 03/26/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
First of all LOL at this.

Secondly, great blog this week,

I forgot about the aweful angles players took on tackles in 09. I haven't played it for a few weeks, but it was definitley annoying. I liked seeing that the Army & Navy uniforms are also in as requested...nice work OMT & crew.

*Navy though seems to be missing the blue shoulder stripes as someone pointed out earlier.

All in all, great news for this week. I am really looking forward to hearing about the big time features in the future...This little tidbit is very interesting as well:

"We’ve really only begun to scratch the surface of this year’s game and we haven’t even hinted about a few of the biggest additions. Sadly we still are not ready to talk about them yet, but from reading all the comments and messages boards… I know one in particular will be a fan favorite."

What could this be? Even though I'm pretty neutral about it, my guess is Create-a-School makes it's return.

# 33 kindella2 @ 03/26/09 04:45 PM
the closer the release date gets the better the screens and vids will get and everyone will be pumped up to buy buy buy...

# 34 LionsFanNJ @ 03/26/09 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
the closer the release date gets the better the screens and vids will get and everyone will be pumped up to buy buy buy...
Nah, All these people will still find something they don't like

# 35 kindella2 @ 03/26/09 04:50 PM
yeah you right...they will still buy though when we say how much we love it then they will play it for 2 weeks and say how much they hate it...

# 36 AlexBrady @ 03/26/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I'll gladly have those if it means we get realistic game play. They can worry about animations for next year as long as this year puts a good game of football on the virtual gridiron.
Really? Wow. That is a huge part of sports gaming though. It keeps the experience fresh. I'm sure fans of The Show can attest to this.

# 37 adembroski @ 03/26/09 04:52 PM
The blocking was a bit discouraging, but my mentality is "They're not going to get it all in one year".

MY issue with the videos is the twitch angles video... my issue isn't that '09 players pursued it so stupidly, but that players were even capable of DOING that. Go outside and try to run like that. Physics, guys, c'mon.

The basic running animation looked a lot better. Less like a track sprinter and more like a runningback.

But yes, they addressed a massive issue with '09 and on balance, I'm very excited for NCAA 10 now... the last two have gotten me.

# 38 the onizzle @ 03/26/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
Well, you can have WIP screens and tech vids (like the Madden posts) or you can have nothing, take your pick. They still have 5-6 weeks of the dev cycle left if I'm not mistaken. The very fact that they're addressing some major areas of concern (OL/DL, WR/DB etc.) means they're listening and trying to improve on last year's shortcomings. I won't judge in full until I see the final product.

# 39 TrevJo @ 03/26/09 04:58 PM
Cool.

# 40 kindella2 @ 03/26/09 05:01 PM
I would really love to get the Discipline system back into the game this year and a real probation system...no bowl games, loss of scholarships.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.