Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog. This one covers customization, plus a "behind the scenes" look at a design document.

Quote:
"Hello again Madden fans, we're back again with another weekly blog detailing some more behind-the-scenes exclusive content from the development team as we create Madden NFL 10. Last week was a very busy week with our president Peter Moore presenting the first screenshot [link] and our Art Director Mike Young going into some extreme detail in regards to the improvements and additions made in the shot [link]. This week we thought it would be a good idea to go deeper into an area that we know is very near and dear to the community - the topic of customization.

A typical trait of every game designer is that usually they are in love with their ideas. This is usually always a really good thing (assuming their ideas are good) because if you don't like an idea that you are designing or working on implementing, often you won't have the passion to get that "extra something" into the feature to make it special, or tune it 100% correctly, or make it really stand out. As you might expect, this can also be a major downside to a designer, as often times it is easy to get stuck thinking where you know (or think) you are right and you don't want to change that idea. It is so hard to not be defensive...after all, you put your blood sweat and tears into this feature! You worked til 3 am for a week putting in extra details and tuning it to perfection! How could anyone not feel the same way you do?!?!?"

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 l NErd l @ 03/30/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Nice!!! Anyone notice "Pre-game Warm up"?

Yup....
Nice update.

# 22 sportzbro @ 03/30/09 07:12 PM
-Pre Game warm-ups (hints at presentation upgrades)
-Possible multiple camera angles (besides classic/active)
-More sleek menus
-Ability to turn of player hints/weapon icons
-In game banners (love seeing stats pop up during a game)
-Accelerated Clock
-Game Speed

Great stuff Ian.

Thanks!

# 23 Glorious Arc @ 03/30/09 07:14 PM
Nice update. I wasnt a person that cared much about this but its good that you did address this.

# 24 KyGamerLT @ 03/30/09 07:14 PM
I'm not big on any of this, but there is atleast upgrades to some of the settings hopefully the way you scroll through a playbook is different too.

# 25 Lusion @ 03/30/09 07:14 PM
Ok blog i guess... nothing really exiting to me.

# 26 KANE699 @ 03/30/09 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I thought it was going to be about player customization.
I hope to see a blog about this including all the new equipment changes and updates they have done for player editor.

# 27 TheSaint92 @ 03/30/09 07:16 PM
Wow, it was way better after I read it. Nice update.

# 28 PVarck31 @ 03/30/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
when are they gonna get to WR catching, line play, new cameras and presentation already?

guess ill have to keep waiting....

We are still over 4 months from release. It will come.

# 29 Atomic Martian @ 03/30/09 07:19 PM
sounds good its one of those little things that will make navigating a lot easier

I cant believe i actually tried clicking the gameplay options pic what the hell was i thinking LOL

# 30 bowdown2shadi @ 03/30/09 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Not sure what you mean?
Example: Catch success, blocking, Qb accuracy, etc.

You know what Im saying Ian?

# 31 XtremeDunkz @ 03/30/09 07:20 PM
New Banners
PreGame warmups
Injury and Fatigue Sliders
Acc Clock confirmation

Awesome stuff

But I still NEED to see field goal kicking completely reworked or I may not purchase. Everyone has their peeves and that is mine. Nothing ruins the drama of a football game knowing you have a guaranteed 3 points if you get inside your opponents 40 as long as you don't turn it over.

# 32 CapnKill @ 03/30/09 07:20 PM
Ian, PLEASE make sure that these settings stick to on-line games.

If I turn Banners OFF and Instructions OFF or whatever I would expect them to also be OFF when I go on-line.

# 33 PVarck31 @ 03/30/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrob
i was looking at that link it still looks like you have not added any new penalties, like to many men on the field illegal huddle illegal formation even if you just randomly charged a team with them it would be cool.
i dont understand why you cant add every penalty that is possible is it too hard to give ejections for late hits is it to hard to randomly just penalize a team for to many players on the field or other fluke penaltys.
you need to do research on how to incorporate them into a game its a basic fundemental that every crew that has designed the game has lacked the vision to put it in the game i would think you would do your dill diligence here is a link your famious if its in the game its in the game is way off
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries
you shouldnt even show users how many timeouts they have on harder levels then you could give a penalty for calling it how ironic would that be human error buddies just ask chris webber
When is the last time you saw a NFL team call a timeout when they don't have any? I mean its cool to want everything like that included, but I really think its something that the vast majority of Madden fans could care less about.

I personally would rather have them work on other aspects of the game.

# 34 bgizle @ 03/30/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
New Banners
PreGame warmups
Injury and Fatigue Sliders
Acc Clock confirmation

Awesome stuff

But I still NEED to see field goal kicking completely reworked or I may not purchase. Everyone has their peeves and that is mine. Nothing ruins the drama of a football game knowing you have a guaranteed 3 points if you get inside your opponents 40 as long as you don't turn it over.
How cool would it be to actually have drops and blocks on the FG attempt. i.e.

# 35 RGiles36 @ 03/30/09 07:26 PM
Good stuff. TheWatcher should love this .

Accelerated Clock threshold? Does that mean we can control how we want the accel clock to function i.e. inside two minutes?

# 36 green94 @ 03/30/09 07:27 PM
Ian - great blog. Care to explain the acc. clock and acc. clock threshold feature?

Also surprised people aren't going crazy over the multiple camera options.

# 37 SteelerSpartan @ 03/30/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Ian, PLEASE make sure that these settings stick to on-line games.

If I turn Banners OFF and Instructions OFF or whatever I would expect them to also be OFF when I go on-line.

+1,

and it'd be nice if there was a way to edit the Online Roster Files to get the Depth Chart/packages you wanted for every OnlineGame...so so you don't have to pause the game every game

# 38 XtremeDunkz @ 03/30/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Good stuff. TheWatcher should love this .

Accelerated Clock threshold? Does that mean we can control how we want the accel clock to function i.e. inside two minutes?
I think it explained it in the blog that you can change how much time runs off or something similar.

Options to REMOVE:
- Quarter Length, Play Clock, Accelerated Clock, Accelerated Clock Threshold (Runoff)

# 39 Hotlanta @ 03/30/09 07:30 PM
Happy to see some things making a return along with some new things already mentioned. Was hoping it was Player customization but this is good too. I'm interested about Accelerated Clock Threshold

I would be lying if I said wasn't a little disappointed but then again with the press release happening this week too I probably shouldn't be.

The Picture Remains!!!

EDIT: No it doesn't.

# 40 CreatineKasey @ 03/30/09 07:31 PM
Accelerated clock for leagues and online ranked matches?! I hope so!!

It takes the debate out of ball control offense... very important.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.