Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This one talks about creating "next-gen" quarterback play.

Quote:
"Two days ago we added a new blog detailing the addition of a lot of new sliders and options to Madden NFL 10. This was met with a seemingly luke-warm reaction by some, as most were expecting a much more juicy feature or more in-depth gameplay information. So after talking with our marketing partners, we were able to all agree that we could release one feature that we are really excited about to try and appease those that may have been upset with the customization blog post.

What is the new feature?
Madden NFL 06 debuted one of the most controversial features in the history of the Franchise – QB Vision (aka the Vision Cone). The concept of this feature was simple: in video-game terms, replicate the vision of a real life QB and force/encourage the gamer to go through real-life progressions that a QB would do. You could use the cone to “look off” safeties, or follow different receivers as they ran their routes and made cut moves. If you threw to a receiver that wasn’t in your field of vision, you would expect a much more inaccurate pass. Better QB’s had much wider vision cones, emulating the concept that they have a better inherent knowledge of where all their WR’s are at all times."

* April Fool's (plus some real info)

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 niggarachi @ 04/02/09 01:33 AM
wow! there were actually people who were excited to have that blob of colors on the screen. lol people keep saying to bring qb vision back. why? u dont know where to throw the ball to? u need someone to tell you? remember the quote "everything you see on sunday you will see in the game"? tell me, who sees that on sunday and i will slap you silly!! besides, isnt that what procedural awareness is for/? to stop all that throwing with ur back turned and stuff? think about it...

# 142 Hellisan @ 04/02/09 08:56 PM
I'm bummed out that I didn't read this yesterday. I was going to a bunch of different sites looking for a good April Fool's joke!

# 143 erob1962 @ 04/02/09 10:50 PM
Why not just do something like analog passing like in Madden 02 I believe ... the one with Cullpepper on the cover ???

# 144 marcoyk @ 04/03/09 10:05 PM
hahaha reading some of the responses like:
"YES! LOVE THE NEW FEATURE!!"
"I'm Definitely buying this game JUST because of the great new feature!!"...
were quite funny
thanks for the laughs

# 145 Bump101 @ 04/04/09 12:00 AM
This thread shows how gullible some people are. lmfao.

# 146 PGaither84 @ 04/04/09 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
What?
I think he as confused with NFL Fever 2002, not Madden.

# 147 STLRams @ 04/04/09 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niggarachi
wow! there were actually people who were excited to have that blob of colors on the screen. lol people keep saying to bring qb vision back. why? u dont know where to throw the ball to? u need someone to tell you? remember the quote "everything you see on sunday you will see in the game"? tell me, who sees that on sunday and i will slap you silly!! besides, isnt that what procedural awareness is for/? to stop all that throwing with ur back turned and stuff? think about it...
Thank You - I wish people could understand this, I don't understand why people think this is great or SIM, its not. People don't appreciate how deep procedural awarness will be for this game, instead they want that damn cone vision. Procedural awarness will be great for Madden10, with this we don't need flashlights, colors, etc on the screen. I guess Im just old school when it comes to straight up football, I don't need or want that junk on the screen when playing the game.

# 148 maddenislife @ 04/04/09 02:56 PM
lol, i didnt see this on april fools, that was a great joke....the pic should have had a scorebox (name escapes my mind right now) and have the time read 4:01 and the scopre be 4-9 (april first, april 09)

# 149 Jazzfanatic12 @ 04/18/09 02:03 PM
did any of you guys click on the link????

# 150 SouthernBrick @ 04/18/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Thank You - I wish people could understand this, I don't understand why people think this is great or SIM, its not. People don't appreciate how deep procedural awarness will be for this game, instead they want that damn cone vision. Procedural awarness will be great for Madden10, with this we don't need flashlights, colors, etc on the screen. I guess Im just old school when it comes to straight up football, I don't need or want that junk on the screen when playing the game.
Agreed

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.