Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

NORTH CAROLINA TOUGHEST PLACE TO PLAY IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL ACCORDING TO EA SPORTS ONLINE POLL

April 1, 2009 – College basketball fans have chosen North Carolina the “Toughest Place to Play” in college basketball, earning the Tar Heels and the Dean E. Smith Center the spotlight in an upcoming feature in the EA SPORTS videogame NCAA Basketball 10, which will be available next fall. EA SPORTS received over 200,000 votes in an online poll asking fans to choose the “Toughest Places to Play” in College basketball. North Carolina was chosen No. 1 ahead of Clemson, Xavier, Pittsburgh and Duke.

“College basketball fans have spoken and they have determined once and for all the most difficult places to play in college basketball,” said NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Connor Dougan. “Now we are going to design a feature that authentically reflects how difficult it is for opposing teams to play and win at these venues.”

According to fan balloting the 15 “Toughest Places to Play” in college basketball are:

1. North Carolina
2. Clemson
3. Xavier
4. Pittsburgh
5. Duke
6. Kansas
7. Louisville
8. Syracuse
9. Tennessee
10. Arkansas
11. Maryland
12. Illinois
13. UCLA
14. Florida
15. Texas

NCAA® Basketball 09: March Madness® Edition is currently available exclusively for the Xbox 360® for 1200 Microsoft points ($15.00). Fans are able to replicate the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship bracket and play with all the schools in NCAA March Madness®.

NCAA Basketball 09: March Madness Edition was developed at EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game is rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cusefan @ 04/01/09 09:03 PM
No UCONN, Thats suprising

# 2 Behindshadows @ 04/01/09 11:09 PM
You know it baby, my Tarheels are the greatest...and don't ever forget it.

(in Dick Vitale voice: "Welcome to Chapel Hill Baby"!)

# 3 VTPack919 @ 04/03/09 01:37 PM
They are not even top 10, sadly.

Maryland, Duke, Clemson, are all tougher to play in than the Dean Dome. The team on the court is what makes that place a tough place to play, not the environment. Big games at Cassell are more raucous than the games I have seen at the Dean Dome. Oh well....

# 4 BROman @ 04/03/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
They are not even top 10, sadly.

Maryland, Duke, Clemson, are all tougher to play in than the Dean Dome. The team on the court is what makes that place a tough place to play, not the environment. Big games at Cassell are more raucous than the games I have seen at the Dean Dome. Oh well....
i'll co-sign

# 5 NoDakHusker @ 04/04/09 03:15 PM
oooh shocker. EA has some love affair with UNC. i hate UNC and i hate Duke, but Duke should be #1 without a doubt.

# 6 bamaCT12 @ 04/05/09 05:54 PM
There should be a imported draft class like in NCAA to play with in NBA Live.

# 7 NoDakHusker @ 04/05/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaCT12
There should be a imported draft class like in NCAA to play with in NBA Live.
ya that would be nice...

# 8 ehh @ 04/05/09 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
No UCONN, Thats suprising
Why? Most big games are the HCC and the atmosphere there is horrible.

# 9 VTPack919 @ 04/06/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Why? Most big games are the HCC and the atmosphere there is horrible.
Why on earth would a poll determine this. Shouldn't you do some of your own research, maybe go out to a few places and judge the atmosphere yourself? Nothing like an internet poll to give you unbiased opinions from level-headed experts.

# 10 ehh @ 04/06/09 12:19 AM
They actually did go to a few arenas, there's an article on it somewhere in this forum. Not sure on the fan vote though, I assume it's just to get the consumer more involved in the game. It is dumb though, there is no way in hell the Dean Dome is the toughest place to play in college basketball. Hell, if you want just look at the home records over the last decade.

# 11 VTPack919 @ 04/06/09 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
They actually did go to a few arenas, there's an article on it somewhere in this forum. Not sure on the fan vote though, I assume it's just to get the consumer more involved in the game. It is dumb though, there is no way in hell the Dean Dome is the toughest place to play in college basketball. Hell, if you want just look at the home records over the last decade.
I agree one hundred percent. It bugs me a little, just because I want a game that accurately portrays real life....

Oh well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.