Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers player lock and defensive assist.

Quote:
"Is it Thursday already? It has been a very busy last couple months here at Tiburon; all of us on the NCAA Football 10 team have been working extremely hard put the finishing touches on this year’s game. Every day brings us closer to putting NCAA Football 10 into everyone’s hands and we couldn’t be more excited.

Last week we released two game play improvements for NCAA Football 10. The first one showed off the Pass Blocking Pocket; and the second was about the new Player Pursuit Angles. Today we are going to reveal another two features brand new to the game: Player Lock and Defensive Assist.

While playing defense in Dynasty or Play Now are you the type of person who likes to just take the DE and try and make a play? What about only choosing the FS? Or have you wanted to be the WR on a big third down because you think you can run his route better?

How would you like to be able to do this?"

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Maximus205 @ 04/15/09 05:25 PM
The rookies can have defensive assist. If you check a WR with a CB all you have to do is hold A/x to stay on him no matter what cut he makes. Death to stick stills with that.

# 102 TrevJo @ 04/15/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
If you check a WR with a CB all you have to do is hold A/x to stay on him no matter what cut he makes. Death to stick stills with that.
If you do that, it's no better than letting the CPU control him.

# 103 Maximus205 @ 04/15/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
exactly. Its not for me.

# 104 frankrizzo380 @ 04/15/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
What if you could play online co-op and play from that view? This should really be taken to the next step allowing for 2v2 or even 3v3(or more if possible) games where each player can be locked a certain position. Man, imagine how much fun that would be. THAT to me would be more exciting than online dynasty. IF it were done.
this is an awsome idea, think about it, Madden meets SOCOM!!! everyone on defense communicating through a bluetooth headset!!! OMG!!! that woul rock dude! ur really on to something

# 105 TrevJo @ 04/16/09 02:16 AM
Quote:
exactly.
That means it's not death to stick skills. I personally just don't take control of the DB if I don't think I'm going to do the right thing with him. Defensive assist won't help me and if you have great stick skills, you'll still have the advantage over me.

# 106 Skyboxer @ 04/16/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
The rookies can have defensive assist. If you check a WR with a CB all you have to do is hold A/x to stay on him no matter what cut he makes. Death to stick stills with that.
Quote:
I never really understood this. A lot of players like myself do not want to control ever single player. I'd rather control one player on D/O and let the players I sign because of their ability etc.. play also. I feel when I take over for everyone that players ratings etc go out the window as far as intelligence etc..
I understand some want to control everyone but not everyone wants to do that. Doesn't make them (Me) any less a "gamer".

I understand online matches tourneys where man vs man you'd want players to control everyone to show "Stick Skills" but in my franchise I want my players I get to build my team to matter more than just speed/hand ratings.

So however you want to play fine, just don't take those that do not want to control everyone as being less than those that do...

# 107 Maximus205 @ 04/16/09 11:27 AM
Quote:
That means it's not death to stick skills. I personally just don't take control of the DB if I don't think I'm going to do the right thing with him. Defensive assist won't help me and if you have great stick skills, you'll still have the advantage over me.
I personally check WRs myself and read the routes they run. Sometimes I get beat,sometimes I jump the route and pick. Its part of the excitement of playing D not knowing if you made the right choice or not. I dont want to know i can run his route better than him every play by holding down the A button.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.