Home
News Post

Da_Czar checks in with yet another video clip. In this Czarisode, he brings us some batting tips for MLB 09 The Show.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Effington @ 04/07/09 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Those can lead to popups. I was mainly talking about ones out of the strike zone. I had a bad habit of chasing those and popping the ball up for an easy out.
Ha, I was half-joking, I know what you mean! I always look for the high heat, and have an issue swinging at them that are a little too high too. They are tough because you need to have the quickest reaction time to them.

# 22 davewins @ 04/07/09 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effington
Ha, I was half-joking, I know what you mean! I always look for the high heat, and have an issue swinging at them that are a little too high too. They are tough because you need to have the quickest reaction time to them.
I have the biggest problem of always pushing down on the stick even if the ball is right down the middle. To me everything just seems low. I'm hoping that for the future they add a custom batting cam where we can adjust it anyway we want. That would be awesome. I would definetley zoom it in and drop it down some.

# 23 Imnus @ 04/07/09 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
I have the biggest problem of always pushing down on the stick even if the ball is right down the middle. To me everything just seems low. I'm hoping that for the future they add a custom batting cam where we can adjust it anyway we want. That would be awesome. I would definetley zoom it in and drop it down some.
Have you tried using the Wide Camera? Also try to look for the trayectory of the pitch. It's hard to explain exactly but you have to try to watch the game in 3D instead of 2D, watching the depth from the homeplate to the pitcher. And try to snap out of your mind that every pitch is gonna fall.

# 24 davewins @ 04/07/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnus
Have you tried using the Wide Camera? Also try to look for the trayectory of the pitch. It's hard to explain exactly but you have to try to watch the game in 3D instead of 2D, watching the depth from the homeplate to the pitcher. And try to snap out of your mind that every pitch is gonna fall.
Yeah I tried the wide camera. I could always do that again.

I will try what you said though sounds interesting.

# 25 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/07/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

"THIS is the instructional video, that gets results!"

Awesome job Czar!
LMAO thats great

# 26 HAILAS @ 04/08/09 11:33 AM
Great show Czar. Looking forward to future shows!

# 27 MayaTheBee @ 04/14/09 02:22 PM
Has anyone played MLB Dugout Heroes(http://mlbdugoutheroes.gamescampus.com/ ) ?

If you're a fan of MLB the Show, you will like this game tpp
It has the official MLB license as well....yummy...)

# 28 Fetrey @ 04/20/09 10:24 AM
That's awesome. One of the first videos I've seen that really explains in clear terms what needs to be done to stay a step ahead the CPU.

# 29 cmi35 @ 07/18/09 03:49 AM
Great video with some amazing tips...thanks a lot man!

# 30 vinny_b @ 03/25/10 09:05 AM
thank you for this video

: )

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.