Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 42 @ 04/07/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
is the RTTS glitch just for position players? i am a pitcher and i just finished up my 1st year with no issue. Ironically i saved my September points. But does this issue even pertain to pitchers? There are obviously no training sessions for pitchers....sooooo? does this apply to point distribution?
I'm a pitcher myself and occasionally get the BP training session message... so this work-a-round applies to ALL.

# 22 CapnKill @ 04/07/09 03:43 PM
I hope you guys checked out the bugs I logged for the on-line league stuff, we'd very much like to have those fixed.

# 23 42 @ 04/07/09 03:47 PM
Read the red bold highlight below - I think they got you covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I hope you guys checked out the bugs I logged for the on-line league stuff, we'd very much like to have those fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game.

# 24 Gagnon39 @ 04/07/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

Good to hear, good to hear, hopefully the schedule issue gets fixed.

# 25 INMATEofARKHAM @ 04/07/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member_6590
I'm a pitcher myself and occasionally get the BP training session message... so this work-a-round applies to ALL.
Are you on an NL team? I've never done this at all... Two seasons in.

(Oh thanks for the patch info too!)

# 26 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/07/09 04:18 PM
I have been pretty happy with the game so far besides the historical stats, which drive me nuts. If that is fixed I think this years Franchise is great!

# 27 Lenkbron @ 04/07/09 04:25 PM
Great news

# 28 mjh91 @ 04/07/09 04:45 PM
Awesome news. Can't wait!

# 29 BuckeyeBoyd @ 04/07/09 04:45 PM
I'm just gonna skip ALL training sessions. No sense tempting fate!

# 30 EWRMETS @ 04/07/09 04:50 PM
It's pretty incredible that nobody really has a problem with the gameplay. They can fix the lineup and scheduling issues and I'm set.

# 31 thescoop @ 04/07/09 04:56 PM
I've been enjoying this game and my dynasty even with the lineup and night game issues. Still, I'm going to be pumped when this comes out, even if I must start over. I'm hoping, but sure I won't get this wish, that the patch will change schedules even in dynasties already started. I just couldn't hold off starting the game.

Anyway, I'm enjoying The Show pre-patch and can't wait to enjoy it even more post patch. Russell and crew are awesome and I can't wait to see the fixes. Thanks for the hard work and the first official announcement.

# 32 SoxFan01605 @ 04/07/09 04:57 PM
Good stuff, Russell!

I'm hoping for:

-Farm Director and other staff issues resolved

-Schedule fixed

-DL Issue fixed

-CPU Roster Control fixed

-Stats glitch fixed

If all those are fixed I'll have ZERO to be concerned with (really, if even a couple of those are fixed, I'm good...lol...but I'm hoping they got to as much as possible)

Again, thanks guys. Some of us never doubted you'd come through as always.

# 33 DrUrsus @ 04/07/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I have been pretty happy with the game so far besides the historical stats, which drive me nuts. If that is fixed I think this years Franchise is great!
If you download the newest rosters, that is fixed. If you are using an older roster set or Knights, it's not.

# 34 decga @ 04/07/09 05:13 PM
Thank you SCEA for the announcement. I must admit I was worried, but now I am found. Sorry it was in the flow. Very well!

# 35 DrUrsus @ 04/07/09 05:13 PM
Yep, As always, you guys at SCEA are alright in my book!

OK here comes a leak in the dike (not a flood like Fargo that someone mentioned).

Please fix the CPU Roster control ON lineup bug

Please fix the Cubs schedule (not enough day games in the week).

I think in the future allowing us to choose the time of day and weather would be great (sorry I know this is for next year, but I had to get this in, lol).

Thanks again to everyone that identified the problems, and thanks to SCEA for the best customer service in the business!

# 36 tgreer @ 04/07/09 05:28 PM
I'm never going to get to start my franchise, I thought today was the day, haha. Now I have to wait, thank you guys for EVERYTHING you do for us. It truly is appreciated!!

# 37 aznpunk @ 04/07/09 05:34 PM
its on and off. not just on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Please fix the CPU Roster control ON lineup bug

# 38 DrUrsus @ 04/07/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpunk
its on and off. not just on.
I know that, brotha. What you mean is the lineups are screwy when its off as well as on.

What I mean is that there should be no lineup logic with CPU roster control ON. It should stay set where you want it.

With it off, the CPU will do what their AI logic is set to do with lineups. That's really a different thing, if you know what I mean. Maybe the logic isn't as good as in the past, but the CPU has always determined its own lineups and rosters with CPU roster control OFF.

Fixing CPU Roster control to stay ON and allow you to set lineups the way you like is a broken feature.

Lineup logic with CPU roster control OFF is dependent on the "logic" or AI the CPU has to determine lineups. Knight stated that it is very dependent on ratings. That is how he alleviated alot of the goofy lineups, but still had good sim stats. They would fix this differently than they would fix the problem I am talking about. Hope I clarified what I mean, it has been a long day.

# 39 markprior22 @ 04/07/09 06:15 PM
No way to patch PS2 I assume....

# 40 thudias @ 04/07/09 07:51 PM
Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.