Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Shamedog18 @ 04/12/09 09:54 PM
If the code in the game was causing stats to change simply from loading saved rosters, then wouldn't it also be possible to create coding that would cause the stats to revert back to the correct numbers? Does that make sense?

I feel like I didn't word that question too well...

# 102 Knight165 @ 04/12/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamedog18
If the code in the game was causing stats to change simply from loading saved rosters, then wouldn't it also be possible to create coding that would cause the stats to revert back to the correct numbers? Does that make sense?

I feel like I didn't word that question too well...
Yes...it does.

I'm hoping that whatever was letting glitched rosters be reset..works again..that's what I meant......and that's what I think you are saying to, correct?

M.K.
Knight165

# 103 Kalon @ 04/13/09 01:16 AM
yoooo WTF? I just tried something. I started up a chise using bone stock default rosters. Went to the FA list and found griffey. Career HR's... 611. Arod....553. Giambi...396.. Ichiro...1805 hits. Manny 527 HR's...Sheffield 499. Knight, I'm sure you tried basing your roster sets off bone stock default rosters?

# 104 Rawdeal28 @ 04/13/09 05:56 AM
last year the patch worked on existing franchises so it should be the same this year.

# 105 freezeframe @ 04/13/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
last year the patch worked on existing franchises so it should be the same this year.

2 different games the real answer is I dont know!

# 106 alwayz0npoint @ 04/13/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...if they somehow let Ninjoids work around to work again(don't know what they did different when it stopped)...that would be the way....because I didn't realize it was there when I was working and the roster is saved with the glitch(in other words...it's in there..not happening when you guys load it)

If that works again at some point...I'll fix it....save it and make sure it doesn't happen again!

M.K.
Knight165
Kniggt is the stat glitch gonna be fixed ? I mean I started a franchise wit your rosters you did an amazing job ur the best

# 107 alwayz0npoint @ 04/13/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
who knows when i can start a season....is a joke that it most likely be a month after the season starts that i can play a season...the line up issue is a huge game killer for me. and who knowa when the patch will come out to fix this mess. i dont want to use knights edited rosters because i prefer stock ratings therefore i wanted to use todays roster update but is useless with the line up glitch....other games get killed for franchise killer bugs and nobody says anything about this...very frustrated with the game this year....
I agree to many glitch in this game line up glitch and stats glitch areal big part of the franchise.. Who knows when this will get fixed I cant evan play FRACHISE very frustrating to say the least

# 108 Shamedog18 @ 04/13/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...it does.

I'm hoping that whatever was letting glitched rosters be reset..works again..that's what I meant......and that's what I think you are saying to, correct?

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah that's what I was saying. We're on the same page, sorry I worded my post poorly.

# 109 DMB82 @ 04/13/09 08:46 PM
Just got the game, is the patch going to address the lineup glitch? That's really annoying because I turn the CPU Roster Control on and the cpu is screwing with my lineups.

# 110 stylezzz @ 04/13/09 09:17 PM
This stat glitch, does it only affect Arod and Teix?

I just started my Jays franchise with Knights last roster set, and I just finished my series against Oakland.

In the paper, they mentioned Aaron Hill's career hit number 500. When I checked Baseball Reference, he is currently at 498 hits. So this stat glitch did not affect him regarding hits.

So is it only ARods and Teix's home run totals that are affected by this glitch?

# 111 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 04/13/09 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezzz
This stat glitch, does it only affect Arod and Teix?

I just started my Jays franchise with Knights last roster set, and I just finished my series against Oakland.

In the paper, they mentioned Aaron Hill's career hit number 500. When I checked Baseball Reference, he is currently at 498 hits. So this stat glitch did not affect him regarding hits.

So is it only ARods and Teix's home run totals that are affected by this glitch?

no one knows for sure who exactly it affects. luckily its not everyone. which is a good thing. the ones i saw were arod, teix, tom glavine,ken griffey

# 112 whizer17 @ 04/13/09 11:39 PM
Any idea when this patch is due out? Have they said this month or will it not be until May or June?

# 113 42 @ 04/14/09 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
Any idea when this patch is due out? Have they said this month or will it not be until May or June?
No time frame has been given, when they're ready they will provide us with an update.

# 114 whizer17 @ 04/14/09 01:00 AM
That stinks. Oh well I guess I will keep my RTTS player going for a few more weeks. I hate not being able to start my franchise though.

# 115 alwayz0npoint @ 04/14/09 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
just pray that this stat glitch will be fixed and that it can update auto if you already started a frachise

# 116 ShowTyme15 @ 04/14/09 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
no one knows for sure who exactly it affects. luckily its not everyone. which is a good thing. the ones i saw were arod, teix, tom glavine,ken griffey
i think it affects Tom Glavine as well!

# 117 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 04/14/09 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
i said glavine lol

# 118 bailey4mvp @ 04/14/09 02:49 AM
Will this fix the lineup issue? i made my own rosters and have the correct line ps for each team yet it never works when i go into franchise mode.

# 119 rudyjuly2 @ 04/14/09 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member_6590
No time frame has been given, when they're ready they will provide us with an update.
Hopefully soon although your posts are hard to read since they are blue on a black background with my OS Skin.

# 120 stylezzz @ 04/14/09 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
That's strange that it's only effecting certain players and not everyone. I went through the Jays roster, and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Hopefully the update will fix the glitch for those already in franchises. I would hate to have to start over (even though I am still early on in mine) just to get everything correct again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.