Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 SoxFan01605 @ 04/17/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreyes
So there is no such thing as a DL bug? I thought I read something about it when the game first came out. I don't know, I'm getting old.
No, the issue is what Knight recounted. As is, you CAN'T sign a new player to fill what should be a hole left on the roster by a player going to the DH. It acts as though your active roster is full.

# 162 DMB82 @ 04/17/09 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Thanks for the reply, that's totally understandable.

Russell_SCEA,

Please just make sure you guys fix the CPU roster control ON feature (so lineups don't get moved at all when it is ON) if you can. That is almost a game killer to a lot of us that use it like Jim and me. Thanks.
I really wish they would address this because I can't start my franchise while this problem exists.

# 163 snakesden @ 04/17/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's a complete cop out. While many games have bugs, those bugs do fall squarely on the shoulders of the devs. If anyone had even played a few games with an AL team, you could have seen that the DH fatigue is lousy. It's a great game but there are certainly bugs in this game that should have been caught and caught easily imo. Nobody is perfect but that doesn't mean you give the dev team a free pass.

EA's NCAA and Madden team were called out (and rightfully so) for the bugs in last year's games. I didn't see anyone saying its all Peter Moore's fault and the poor, overworked EA dev team doesn't deserve any criticism.
Thank You for that comment. It 's clear that while this team strived to offer more in the game somewhere they lost the real game.

# 164 ErikAW @ 04/17/09 06:21 PM
Are you working on a patch for the coaching staff glitches??
There are many times when you cannot hire or fire coaches on your staff. Currently, I have 1 coach I can replace, the rest are "stck" on my staff even without contracts. Also, my manager is also my brother's 3rd base coach and neither one of us can replace hime.(We are in a 2 player franchise).
Also, you cannot look at your farm director in any screen. The only way to know if you need to hire one is if it tells you to, or you try to hire one on your own.
Also, sometimes when you offer a coach a contract, They say soeone else took you offer, even though it isn't the correct guy, or they put an offer on a second guy at the same position you offered the other one.

# 165 Jayhova @ 04/17/09 07:23 PM
What are MLB the show 09 going to do about refunding money? We all paid our hard earned money for a game that does not work, and still don't have a time frame when this problem will be resolved.

# 166 42 @ 04/17/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreyes
Easy there over-reactor, the game works and there's no need for refunds.
Agreed, he went a little over board on that one.

# 167 Knight165 @ 04/17/09 09:22 PM
It's not just him....MANY of the comments in here are overboard...and yes...I dare say it...laughable.
I love it though...you guys crack me up.

M.K.
Knight165

# 168 PhantomPain @ 04/17/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhova
What are MLB the show 09 going to do about refunding money? We all paid our hard earned money for a game that does not work, and still don't have a time frame when this problem will be resolved.
I would assume that the people that are saying things like the above quote either didn't play MLB 08 or have short term memories.

GUYS/GIRLS: This isn't EA or 2K (or any other dev that has screwed us before) we are talking about. This is SCEA. Every game that comes out will inevitably have a glitch or bug in it. Some games worse than others. But not many companies will go to the length that SCEA does to ensure everyone is getting their monies worth. Last year when MLB 08 was released there were some glitches and bugs...no surprise. But you know what WAS a surprise? The fact that SCEA came to OS and I am sure other message boards and looked at what was wrong. Then decided to patch it. And guess what? They patched WAYYYYY more than anyone thought they would. They went above and beyond what ANYONE was asking with their patch.

Moral of the story: If you aren't used to SCEA, then take it from veterans that know how much they care and things will be fine. If you are used to SCEA and are still complaining and not showing any patience, then shame on you. You should go find another game to buy and you can complain until you are blue in the face with their glitches and bugs because I doubt many other companies will do what SCEA does.

# 169 hydrostar @ 04/17/09 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
I would assume that the people that are saying things like the above quote either didn't play MLB 08 or have short term memories.

GUYS/GIRLS: This isn't EA or 2K (or any other dev that has screwed us before) we are talking about. This is SCEA. Every game that comes out will inevitably have a glitch or bug in it. Some games worse than others. But not many companies will go to the length that SCEA does to ensure everyone is getting their monies worth. Last year when MLB 08 was released there were some glitches and bugs...no surprise. But you know what WAS a surprise? The fact that SCEA came to OS and I am sure other message boards and looked at what was wrong. Then decided to patch it. And guess what? They patched WAYYYYY more than anyone thought they would. They went above and beyond what ANYONE was asking with their patch.

Moral of the story: If you aren't used to SCEA, then take it from veterans that know how much they care and things will be fine. If you are used to SCEA and are still complaining and not showing any patience, then shame on you. You should go find another game to buy and you can complain until you are blue in the face with their glitches and bugs because I doubt many other companies will do what SCEA does.
Excellent, excellent post.

# 170 GoBucs09 @ 04/17/09 11:55 PM
Quote:
This is absurd on several levels.

# 171 rudyjuly2 @ 04/18/09 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain

I know this will tick people off but I disagree with this. Sony's post release support and patch support has always been mediocre at best and I'm taling about '08 specifically. Last year they released a patch and didn't even release the details of what it actually did unlike most companies. I asked for the details and the one dev said they can't even remember since they worked on it awhile ago. That was a terrible response. Finally over time we got a small blurb of what it did.

You claim they went above and beyond in fixing things? No they did not. The slider menus were still screwed up as they had different in game sliders than from the main menu. The sliders that did not work remained that way and they never told us if they fixed them or not. The stat overlays constantly referencing the previous year in season mode rather than the current season was not fixed.

So don't start talking down to posters, saying SCEA has been awesome in the past with their patches. They haven't been imo. And calling out people that criticize this game has been and continues to be over the top in these forums.

# 172 ltw0303cavs @ 04/18/09 08:42 AM
I think he is talking about the guys who say the game does not work, or its "broken" or we got ripped off. Rudy I agree people that criticize the game shouldnt be ripped on but i think it should be constructive criticism. This game has a lot in it and that had a lot added to the franchise mode as well as other features. If you have seen the stats MLB 09 actually outsold Killzone in March, which for a sony sports game is amazing. They have a direction and it seems like they are making an effort to give us a great game. I mean last year the game was too easy, then this year its to hard. Except for the stat glitch which i think needs to be fixed, i am sure it will work out. I have played every baseball game there has ever been, Front Page, Hardball, Tony Larussa, 2k series and yes even the holy grail MVP 05 and 09 the Show is the best. MVP was a good game but i think to say that didnt have its issues . well lets just say i remember if i uppercut the swing i would hit a homer half the time lol.

# 173 countryboy @ 04/18/09 10:45 AM
I love this thread. Never have I seen so many people wronged on so many levels...

# 174 countryboy @ 04/18/09 10:46 AM
Quote:

Your check is in the mail. Wait by the mailbox, it should be arriving shortly....

# 175 thescoop @ 04/18/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
I think he is talking about the guys who say the game does not work, or its "broken" or we got ripped off. Rudy I agree people that criticize the game shouldnt be ripped on but i think it should be constructive criticism. This game has a lot in it and that had a lot added to the franchise mode as well as other features. If you have seen the stats MLB 09 actually outsold Killzone in March, which for a sony sports game is amazing. They have a direction and it seems like they are making an effort to give us a great game. I mean last year the game was too easy, then this year its to hard. Except for the stat glitch which i think needs to be fixed, i am sure it will work out. I have played every baseball game there has ever been, Front Page, Hardball, Tony Larussa, 2k series and yes even the holy grail MVP 05 and 09 the Show is the best. MVP was a good game but i think to say that didnt have its issues . well lets just say i remember if i uppercut the swing i would hit a homer half the time lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, cause it may have been 04, but didn't MVP 05 also feature the infamous lefty glitch as well? You remember where lefties didn't hit for power as well? Can't remember which year, just remember it happening.

# 176 SaintDemure @ 04/18/09 10:34 PM
Hey guys.

Sorry I can't read through the entire post because my computer is extremely slow. I am in my RTTS as a Starting Pitcher. I can't make it past May 8th, it will not let me sim to my next appearance. I know others are having this issue, and I was wondering if you could please head me in the right direction as far as a workaround is concerned.

I believe Russell posted one somewhere but I have had no luck thus far and my computer is on the brink of self destruction.

Thanks so much.

# 177 SoxFan01605 @ 04/18/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure
Hey guys.

Sorry I can't read through the entire post because my computer is extremely slow. I am in my RTTS as a Starting Pitcher. I can't make it past May 8th, it will not let me sim to my next appearance. I know others are having this issue, and I was wondering if you could please head me in the right direction as far as a workaround is concerned.

I believe Russell posted one somewhere but I have had no luck thus far and my computer is on the brink of self destruction.

Thanks so much.

Most were having issues in Sept, but the general premise of the workaround (skipping training sessions) might still apply as long as you have an earlier save to work from, perhaps. Not sure...but anyway, here you go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
PS3 Only

In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session).

# 178 SaintDemure @ 04/19/09 01:16 AM
Thanks Sox Fan, unfortunately for me, I haven't done any training sessions. I'm a pitcher and I've never been presented with the opportunity to do a training session.

I had just finished a game, did the autosave, then it would not let me advance. I don't have any prior saves either. I might be S.O.L. for the time being...

Oh well, at least Knights rosters come out soon. My RTTS was just to hold me over until then, it was getting exciting though, but what can you do?

Thanks again.

# 179 DrUrsus @ 04/19/09 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Correct me if I'm wrong, cause it may have been 04, but didn't MVP 05 also feature the infamous lefty glitch as well? You remember where lefties didn't hit for power as well? Can't remember which year, just remember it happening.
Yes, there was one year like that, 04 or 05, I don't remember either. I've said it once and I'll say it again, MVP 05 is the most overrated sports game ever (unless its NFL 2K5)! Not saying it was a bad game, but overrated.

This is a great game, but there are some problems that should have been caught right away, and a patch for those should've been waiting on release day. The CPU roster control lineup problem comes to mind.

Rudy, you are correct, SCEA does get defended a lot here. You'd swear it was people's mamas or something getting criticized. But, I think it's because they have done a much better job of addressing complaints, and communicating to us than a lot of the other companies.

Some of the comments on here are completely over the top. You have the right to complain, but you lose all credibility when you act like the game is unplayable.

Have patience, they will fix what they can. It still beats the heck out of MLB 2K9, lol.

# 180 rudyjuly2 @ 04/19/09 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I've said it once and I'll say it again, MVP 05 is the most overrated sports game ever (unless its NFL 2K5)! Not saying it was a bad game, but overrated.
I agree!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.