Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Per Ian's Twitter...

Quote:
"ian_cummings: Make a note - try to break Emmitt's or Rice's records in Madden NFL 10. You won't be disappointed."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Lordcledus @ 04/10/09 03:05 AM
Sounds cool. Little things like this can go a long way in making Madden better.

# 42 BayAreaRYder226 @ 04/10/09 05:46 AM
Just season records....or All-Time Records.....

or both?

would be nice to know lol.

I'm assuming All-Time, but season would definitly be nice too

# 43 falconfanjjb @ 04/10/09 07:56 AM
when dude said "as long as i dont have 2 tap x 2 sprint" was he makin fun of 2k games? cuz dey where awesome. play em ova madden any day

# 44 Bmlives @ 04/10/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfanjjb
when dude said "as long as i dont have 2 tap x 2 sprint" was he makin fun of 2k games? cuz dey where awesome. play em ova madden any day
Seriously guy, did you join just to say that?...

What a square. []

# 45 kcarr @ 04/10/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
On youtube underneath the title of the video there is a hotlink and embed row that have text you can copy. The embed row has the HTML code you need to embed the video. Just copy it and paste it in your post...

now... on to the relevant issues...

FIRST OF ALL, you Colts fans...

You guys are truly living in a fantasy land. No Gonzo what's his name is going to come even within MILES of Jerry Rice's career records. Just look how far away SECOND place is on the following:

Career Receiving Yards:

Jerry Rice 22 895
Isaac Bruce 14 994

for a difference of: 7 901

Career Touchdowns:

Jerry Rice 207
Emmit Smith 175

for a difference of: 32.

Current Active TD leader:

TO/LT with 141, but both are clearly on the decline.... only 66 more to go...

Remember how great Marvin Harrison's career has been? Yeah... well he only has 128... get some perspective Colts fans...

Career Receptions:

Jerry Rice: 1,549

Marvin Harrison 1,102

only 447 to go Marvin!!! Good luck doing that from your house!

You get the point. Rice didn't just break records- he SHATTERED them. Fat chance anyone comes close for a very long time... So stop with the dreaming people! lol

If you people are REALLY sim, you won't be breaking Rice's records with Gonzo, lol.
Yes, to realistically go after jerry's record you need a top talent WR (gonzo probably doesn't quite cut it here) with QBs along the lines of the talent level of those who threw to jerry throughout his prime. This receiver also would have to have pretty good durability and be willing to play a lot of years.

# 46 Hotlanta @ 04/10/09 11:15 AM
I see franchises being played on rookie mode for awhile to see these records shattered.

That's if franchise, career and single game records have somewhat different presentation when the record is broken.

# 47 ravensownu21 @ 04/10/09 12:06 PM
awsome! and i gona break int record wit ed reed

# 48 Jazzfanatic12 @ 04/18/09 02:06 PM
jimbo 1215 GO RAIDERS BA-BY!! Same here man lets not just break favre's records! LETS SMASH EM!!!

# 49 broncos24 @ 10/26/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
In my 3rd year I was keeping up with peyton manning and his pursuit of the all time TD pass record. So with 2 to go I played the game and threw 3 TD in the game and nothing. Not even a stat overlay saying he has broke the record. Is it only for J.Rice and E. Smiths records.
who knows.

we were all so excited in april that by the time the game came out we forgot all about this.

# 50 ScoobySnax @ 10/26/09 05:27 PM
^^^LMAO. True though. This has been overlooked.

# 51 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/26/09 06:07 PM
It's not impossible to break Emmitt's record. In my franchise, Clinton Portis retired as the all-time leading rusher (wasn't on my team). My stud running back retired when he was like 35 (95 overall) and he was #5 on the record list.

# 52 rws591 @ 10/26/09 06:15 PM
Certainly not impossible, Clinton Portis(not on my team) has broken it in my franchise.

# 53 Bballplaya72 @ 10/26/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
In my 3rd year I was keeping up with peyton manning and his pursuit of the all time TD pass record. So with 2 to go I played the game and threw 3 TD in the game and nothing. Not even a stat overlay saying he has broke the record. Is it only for J.Rice and E. Smiths records.
Not true. In my 5th or 6th year, Moss ended up breaking the record for all-time receiving TD's. I just happened to look at the records when Moss was 1 behind, so I played the Pats game.

They played the Broncos and I threw 3 td's to Moss, and all I got was a graphic saying that I was now the all time leader in td catches. That was it. I was expecting something a bit better, but nope.

Same looking graphic as when I broke the passing yards record in one game with Sam Bradford in year 7

# 54 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/26/09 08:23 PM
I know when my running back passed Tiki Barber for like 15th or whatever Tiki is in the all-time rushing list it mentioned the fact that he had just passed Tiki and was now ___ yards away from whoever.

# 55 mm boost @ 10/27/09 12:22 PM
I broke the single game sack record last night with Marcus Spears of dallas, got 7 sacks (11 sacks as a defensive unit), and the commentary was praising him for a while, and it showed how i was closing in on Michael Strahan's sack record for one season, I only have like 4-5 to go with 7 games left. I will get that record!

I also got a ticker during the extra point show that Brett Favre broke the single game passing yards record, I have yet to go see how much he threw for. I thought it was cool. I mean, in real life when this happens, you don't see them throw a party for the guy on the field, or someone come out with a golden trophy with a band singing a song praising the guy, you just hear the commentators say something and a stat overlay, so I don't see the big deal.

# 56 brza37 @ 10/28/09 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I mean, in real life when this happens, you don't see them throw a party for the guy on the field, or someone come out with a golden trophy with a band singing a song praising the guy, you just hear the commentators say something and a stat overlay, so I don't see the big deal.
Not true. When Favre broke the Passing Yards record they stopped the game and followed him around with a camera while everyone congratulated him. The ref gave him the game ball back and shook his hand:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...re-sets-record

And as a Cowboy fan you should know that when Smith broke the rushing record they stopped play for 4 MINUTES!! With Balloons, fireworks and everything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8bxK5Iybt4

For TD records its even a bigger deal cuz the game is already stopped anyway.

What I find most disappointing about this whole thing is not that its not in the game when Ian said it would be its just the complete lack of a response to this issue. If the devs ignore it will we just forget about it? It would just be nice to hear that yes it was in the game and somehow during finalizing the game it got accidentally removed during some fixing of other problems. Its normal when you fix one problem there is a risk others will occur (see Patch 1). But some sort of explanation would be be really appreciated along with info on whether Patch 2 can get this feature allow with stadium specific sounds (which was also promised) back in the game. Is that too much to ask?

# 57 JohnnyNutman @ 10/28/09 08:49 AM
so has anyone done this yet?

# 58 alifeincomplete @ 10/28/09 09:04 AM
Do Favre's stats during his franchise play with the Vikings add on to his overall career record? Or does the game think that they're separate people?

# 59 brza37 @ 10/28/09 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
so has anyone done this yet?
Yes, and according to this post nothing happened:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040285361

# 60 Lucicren @ 10/28/09 09:53 AM
I broke Michael Strayhans record for most sacks recorded in a season and nothing happened there, maybe I have to get the most sacks in a career to see anything happen?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.