Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the online dynasty video from NCAA Football 10.

You can also check it out at the official site, along with a few other things.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Hellisan @ 04/10/09 01:57 AM
I don't think the ratings are revised until pretty late in the process. Would be very surprised if that was their rating this season. Isn't that identical to what they were this year? If so, further evidence... Let's hope.

# 62 4solo @ 04/10/09 04:53 AM
Could be b/c when u look at the rankings next to some teams Georgia is ranked #1 and as much as i love my dogs i know they won't be ranked #1 coming into this year game. lol. Also USC is ranked #4 and i know thats what they was ranked on 09 too.

# 63 gofresno @ 04/10/09 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I don't think the ratings are revised until pretty late in the process. Would be very surprised if that was their rating this season. Isn't that identical to what they were this year? If so, further evidence... Let's hope.
they aren't the same because my bulldogs of Fresno State had a rating somewhere around 74/79/69 in 09 and in the vid they have a b/B+/C+, i'm hoping it stays that way

# 64 J-Unit40 @ 04/10/09 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Toned down in the sim engine???

Compare the real world INT totals to the game and it's about double what we're seeing in this game.

You'll be lucky to find one starting QB in NCAA 09 each season who has a TD/INT ratio under 1. In college football, there are at least 20 starting QB's each year who throw more INTs than TDs.

INT's need to be toned down in the actual gameplay engine and hopefully the new WR/DB interaction helps.
Yeah. I said toned down. There are never 7-10 QBs in a season who throw 20 INTs like EA typically has. What kind of college football are you watching on Saturdays? You need to check out some "real world" statistics. There have only been 3 QBs in the last 4 years who have thrown 20 or more INTs in a season.

I do agree about the TD/INT ratio though. EA always has every QB and their grandma throwing about 25+ TDs which is just silly. It's just off.

As for the actual gameplay, they obviously need to be toned down (again). It's gotten to the point that I feel guilty if I intercept the CPU QB. Then again, that is typically one of their few incompletions.

# 65 muggins @ 04/10/09 08:16 AM
Underwhelming. EA needs to hire me as a consultant. I'll take $5 an hour. I'll tell you every single thing you need to fix OD. Create-a-team isn't one of them.

# 66 KG @ 04/10/09 08:31 AM
Not really feeling the update. Fixing the bugs is to be expected IMO.

The 4* & 5* recruits that aren't available until the off-season is not a good idea. Even if you had reclassification those guys would get looks from some school.

So, has the CPU AI Recruiting already been addressed in another blog or video?

# 67 scorywheeler @ 04/10/09 09:05 AM
One of the biggest problems I've had this year is the ATH position. All ATHs in 09 are either secondary players, or WRs. In real life, there are lots of different types of ATHs. Jumbo ATHs can play either line, other ATHs can play OLB, MLB, HB or FB, and finally there are fast ATHs that can play secondary or receiver. As it stands now, all athletes in the game can only play receiver or secondary. I'd really like to see this fixed.

# 68 beeneeb @ 04/10/09 09:34 AM
Hmm...did anyone else notice the logo for the "Independents" conference during the custom conferences swap? Why is it called "Div I Independents"? Is this foreshadowing FCS teams?

# 69 Lava @ 04/10/09 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Hmm...did anyone else notice the logo for the "Independents" conference during the custom conferences swap? Why is it called "Div I Independents"? Is this foreshadowing FCS teams?
I'm pretty sure it was like that in 09.

# 70 greenegt @ 04/10/09 10:02 AM
Makes me want to play.

# 71 Cyros @ 04/10/09 10:08 AM
Are there going to be more offensive linemen and fullbacks in the recruiting pool?

# 72 RynoAid @ 04/10/09 10:39 AM
If they tighten up the gameplay code, nerf the speed a bit, improve the AI on and off the field, fix the OD bugs that plagued us this season... i will be happy.

Online stats would be great, and would help building communities around the leagues... but that's a nice to have, the above mentioned items are musts.

Looking good so far... keep it up.

# 73 flow32 @ 04/10/09 10:46 AM
Not a fan of holding back recruits,if they are big time recruits the schools will be all over them. I think this would be cool. If possible, take the recruits who are being held back and just say they are holding their recrutiment to after the season. Let us recruit him throughout the season, while his interest meter stays netural. If it gets to the point where were are pestering him, it can say this team in longer in the running for this recruit.

# 74 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 11:04 AM
I love the braggadocio about how the biggest two complaints from last year were fixed. Well, they were very big complaints but that's not all that needs fixing. They should have been patched or something. They're so far behind the 8-ball and all I'm seeing is baby steps when leaps and bounds are needed. Are we getting Spring Games, Medical Redshirts etc.?

# 75 Village Idiot @ 04/10/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I just do not get how FSU could possibly be an A+ team or even an A-. They haven't been A worthy for the last few years. This just leads me to believe that ratings will be inflated again like they have been for the past years. I was hoping they would follow in Madden's footsteps in lowering player ratings so that only elite players are in the 90s while solid, dependable starters are in the 80s.
I don't disagree with you, but the thing I've always noticed about that is how it doesn't even matter. A+ teams can finish 4-7, B- teams can finish 10-2. At the end of the day, what difference does it make?

All the talk about "sim" around here, wanna know what's sim? Don't even look at the ratings; use the results of the games to judge the teams. If I'm playing a team that's 5-0 and they've crushed all five opponents, the last thing I want to know is that they're only a B-. I would just as soon have them hide or omit the team ratings.

# 76 Sven Draconian @ 04/10/09 11:06 AM
I like holding a few recruits until the off-season.

Since my recruiting is done during a players senior season, those who only become players as they are seniors are often ignored. Growth Spurt, competitive team, didn't play football or whatever the reason.

As long as there aren't too many of them, it simulates the players who make significant progress as seniors in high school.

Just as long as its relatively few. It should be 5 or so, not 20.

# 77 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
So in other words...if you are a REAL recruiting buff, its the equivalent of negative recruiting. For those that don't know. I'm not a fan of negative recruiting so I don't quite think this is as cool a feature as it sounds. Negative recruiting stinks and actually turns many recruits off (if they are strong minded enough). Don't tell me what another school can't offer me, tell me what you CAN offer me.

I'll pass on that one. But nice try to inject some new fun into the game.
Yeah, it will kind of be fun but at the same time it will probably have a huge flaw that can be exploited so it will kill all the hard work and time you put in on a guy. It's kind of like promises, what good is it if the CPU can't use it? The playing field needs to be leveled.

# 78 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 11:13 AM
Quote:
This is not quite true.

Don't think of it as a 4 or 5 star recruit that was given 4 or 5 stars during the pre-evaluation period (junior year). These could be kids that went on and had an incredible senior year and raised their stock to the point that they become 4 or 5 star recruits. Same happens with those 4 or 5 star recruits that have horrible senior years and are demoted to lower star ratings. Also not all 4 and 5 star recruits commit early, alot do, but its almost becoming vouge for a few not too and to play the recruiting game even past signing day...Bryce Brown, Terrell Pryor, Orson Charles, etc., etc.
Well, it looks like they are going to be 4 or 5* so why should anyone pretend they're not what they are. I think it's cool to have guys who drag out the recruiting process and EA replicated this by having guys whose meter fills very slowly. He said they were holding some guys and that there would be guys there no one has talked to.

# 79 jbdeuce @ 04/10/09 11:18 AM
Holding recruits is great...not all recruits are 4 and 5 stars at the start the season. A 5'8 kid named Damaris Johnson, ever heard of him, he started the year as a 3 star kid and didn't get the attention until people seen him play during the Louisiana high school state playoffs. We in the New Orleans area knew this kid was the truth. Their was even an article in the paper about why no one was recruiting one of the best athletes in the state. But by the time signing day came....Johnson was rated a four star player. That happens in real life so I'm sure there are other cases like this. Johnson plays at Tulsa by the way. And it seems like more 5 star kids are going to follow Pryor and Brown and hold their recruiting after signing day...EA is just ahead of the curve right now.

# 80 jbdeuce @ 04/10/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Again my friend that does happen. Like I said, guys that are totally off the radar that have incredible senior seasons and are elevated from lower rated recruits to higher rated recruits. I understand your point as they would still have had some contact, but I understand what they are trying to do. Not 100% totally realistic, but not 100% totally unrealistic either.

I think they are just trying to inject some true WORTH into the post season reruiting period.
I agree %100, they would have had some contact but this is where the video game can't replicate real life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.