Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 olemiss86 @ 04/17/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Ya pictures could have done the trick

I agree. They should have been fair and just posted pictures of ALL the stadiums they mentioned. Instead of selecting a few to show.

Especially Texas, with that big expansion they had.

# 2 travis a.d. @ 04/17/09 12:01 AM
so, if those are all the new stadiums, this means these teams will still be generic:

san jose state
rice
miami, ohio
western kentucky
kent state

not too shabby i guess, that makes what, 115 real stadiums?

# 3 Potatoes002 @ 04/17/09 12:02 AM
114.... you forgot minesota

# 4 Cyros @ 04/17/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
114.... you forgot minesota
I think OMT has said in the past they wouldn't be able to do Minnesota's stadium till it was actually finished (unsure if it's done now or not).

# 5 travis a.d. @ 04/17/09 12:08 AM
I wouldn't even bat an eye at the fact that we still have 6 teams in generic stadiums if the ones EA uses weren't so damn huge and unrealistic. The generic "bowl" that miami, wku, and kent play in look like they seat 60-70,000 people and they are always full to capacity. C'mon EA, at least make a small dual-grandstand stadium or something if you can't get every stadium in.

# 6 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis a.d.
so, if those are all the new stadiums, this means these teams will still be generic:

san jose state
rice
miami, ohio
western kentucky
kent state

You forgot to mention Tropicana Field, Rogers Centre and RFK stadiums for Bowl game.

Honestly, I was expecting that all stadiums would be in by now. This is quite dissapointing.

# 7 Solidice @ 04/17/09 12:09 AM
Quote:

san jose state
rice
miami, ohio
western kentucky
kent state

yea, plus the Emerald, International, GMAC, and the Independence Bowl game stadiums.(unless one of those newly added stadiums is the site for one of these bowl games, I didn't double check)

# 8 travis a.d. @ 04/17/09 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I think OMT has said in the past they wouldn't be able to do Minnesota's stadium till it was actually finished (unsure if it's done now or not).
OMT has said they used a generic outdoor stadium for Minnesota in '10.

# 9 Potatoes002 @ 04/17/09 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I know thats why I quoted the marlins fan guy beacuse he forgot the gophers have a generic stadium

# 10 travis a.d. @ 04/17/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I know thats why I quoted the marlins fan guy beacuse he forgot the gophers have a generic stadium
Yeah, I forgot to add Minnesota to the list. Still, 114 real stadiums is not too shabby if you ask me. Sure they have had a few years to get them all in, but I'm sure the process of creating stadiums from the ground up is a pain in the butt and quite time consuming. At least there aren't as many generics as there were last year.

Sincerely,
"marlins fan guy"

# 11 PVarck31 @ 04/17/09 12:22 AM
Still no Kent State or Akron.

# 12 Gossennator @ 04/17/09 12:23 AM
I guess UL Lafayettes Stadium didnt get the new turf, or the stadium paint in 10, LAME.

Plus no new LSU video screen...

# 13 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 12:23 AM
So they only added 9 stadiums in this year???

# 14 Solidice @ 04/17/09 12:24 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I forgot to add Minnesota to the list. Still, 114 real stadiums is not too shabby if you ask me. Sure they have had a few years to get them all in, but I'm sure the process of creating stadiums from the ground up is a pain in the butt and quite time consuming. At least there aren't as many generics as there were last year.
I'm sure it take a long time to do them, especially in HD. last-gen, I think it took them up to NCAA 05 before they got all the D-1A stadiums in.

# 15 BSherrod @ 04/17/09 12:27 AM
I really don't want to come off the wrong way because I really appreciate the effort put into these blogs each and every week and having worked with video a lot I know how time consuming it can be, but...

I honestly didn't watch all of the videos. I'm glad we are getting this much information early and it gets on my nerves when people forget the lack of info we have had for years at this point in time, but this blog is...well...I'll forget about this one two months from now.

Thanks for the time and effort though, it's great to see that some guys took time out of their day after work to stay up and post this. I'm hoping that that effort is reflected in the final product.

# 16 gamecox3 @ 04/17/09 12:27 AM
After reading there was going to be 8 videos and a bunch of screens i was super pumped... after seeing that it was just stadiums i am super bummed. Did anyone notice the revolution facemask that the oregon player was wearing... looks like those won't be fixed I am now down.

# 17 N51_rob @ 04/17/09 12:29 AM
Dissapointed with what we got? Yes.

Happy to see the soccer goal box paint on Buffalo's field? Yes!

# 18 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm sure it take a long time to do them, especially in HD. last-gen, I think it took them up to NCAA 05 before they got all the D-1A stadiums in.
Yes, but they knew this before and they knew fans wanted all stadiums in. They were only missing 15-20 stadiums - yet they did only 9 new ones.

Last year the reasoning was that the art guys were redoing the player models - yet still were able to add more. Where has the art department budget gone?

Another theory: OMT and the team have more stadiums added, but wanted to get a blog out tonight. Is this possible?

# 19 Solidice @ 04/17/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Yes, but they knew this before and they knew fans wanted all stadiums in. They were only missing 15-20 stadiums - yet they did only 9 new ones.

Last year the reasoning was that the art guys were redoing the player models - yet still were able to add more. Where has the art department budget gone?

Another theory: OMT and the team have more stadiums added, but wanted to get a blog out tonight. Is this possible?
it's possible, I don't think anywhere on the blog it said these were the only ones. but it didn't said they wern't either though.

it also stated that there were over 150 stadiums in the game. thats a lot of stadiums to keep track of and update if needed.

# 20 jsquigg @ 04/17/09 12:44 AM
I have been waiting for NCAA to "turn the corner," but I have to say that the information released has been vastly disappointing in comparison to Madden. I don't see any excuse for not having dreadlocks or not having every stadium this far into "next gen." I hope this is all because the game play is where most of the work has been done.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.