Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Madwolf @ 04/17/09 12:44 AM
Wow, Louisville's scoreboard looks FANTASTIC! Big props guys. Wonderful.

# 22 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 12:47 AM
Anyone know whats going on with the FSU videoboard? Check where the play clock is and tell me if its covered by something in the game or by the devs trying to hide something? Looks like Championship Banners!!!!!!!! I think we get these for our stadiums in Dynasty or Teambuilder when we win Chips.
http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-f...F00_ea/FSU.jpg

# 23 ChiSox05 @ 04/17/09 12:58 AM
Im glad Illinois' stadium will be up-to-date

# 24 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 01:11 AM
I guess I'm in the minority for liking this blog..but I agree that they should have just gone with pics instead of the vids to get this up earlier.

9 new stadiums have been confirmed > this is way more than I was expecting. I have always wanted to start a dynasty with a MAC team, but never have because none of them had stadiums so this is exciting to me.

Secondly, there are a bunch of updates and additions to other stadiums..I'm sure they didn't share all of them though.

This now leaves 5-6 teams without a real stadium > they will be in 2011, guaranteed. If they can get this many in this year, they can finish it up for next. I'm not sure about bowl game sites, but I'm pretty happy with the progress considering what its been like before this. I do slightly agree with those who say they should all be in by now...but they take forever to build within the game so its ok.

All that's left are refs, chain gang, sidelines, & equipment overhaul and we're good when it comes to the aesthetics.

Overall, nice work Adam & crew.

# 25 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
lol nice try here is a real pic of what EA tried to replicate
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/...c652b2.jpg?v=0
the ncaa pic is covered with photoshop to hide what the real scoreboard shows for some reason.

# 26 Madwolf @ 04/17/09 01:28 AM
Looks like it's just covered with a tarp in game.

BTW, how many stadiums need to be updated next year? With like expansion in stuff? If they have only 6 stadium to build I wonder if they'll get the Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium expansion in.

# 27 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Looks like it's just covered with a tarp in game.
Exactly. Why would they do that though unless they are hiding something about a new feature?

# 28 TWC @ 04/17/09 01:34 AM
I'm sure that no one cares, but Troy's logo is upside down in the video. It faces the press box side. Either way, I'm just glad it's finally in the game.

# 29 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's possible, I don't think anywhere on the blog it said these were the only ones. but it didn't said they wern't either though.

it also stated that there were over 150 stadiums in the game. thats a lot of stadiums to keep track of and update if needed.
150 (total) - 114 (team stadiums) = 36

are there really 36 "bowl game/special game only" stadiums in 10? I'm booting up 09 to see what's missing.

# 30 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC
I'm sure that no one cares, but Troy's logo is upside down in the video. It faces the press box side. Either way, I'm just glad it's finally in the game.
it looks nice as well...i just could never stand the giant MOVIE GALLERY logos though.

# 31 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Its covered w/ tarp in real life. see last post I showed a real pic
I don't see a tarp on the real pic. I see old FSU players on the left and ACC chips on the right. No black tarp. The saga continues...........

# 32 Solidice @ 04/17/09 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
150 (total) - 114 (team stadiums) = 36

are there really 36 "bowl game/special game only" stadiums in 10? I'm booting up 09 to see what's missing.
some bowl games are in college stadiums(like the Sun Bowl is played in UTEP stadium, etc...). I don't know if they are saved as different files on the disc and counted as a separate stadium or just use some sort of art swap for the bowl games.

and the blog said over 150, so who know exactly how many there are.

# 33 Solidice @ 04/17/09 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
I don't see a tarp on the real pic. I see old FSU players on the left and ACC chips on the right. No black tarp. The saga continues...........
and thats what the EA picture shows. if you zoom in, you can see it. it's hard to see because of the shadows.

click on this picture for a larger view, then zoom in

# 34 Lava @ 04/17/09 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Yes, but they knew this before and they knew fans wanted all stadiums in. They were only missing 15-20 stadiums - yet they did only 9 new ones.

Last year the reasoning was that the art guys were redoing the player models - yet still were able to add more. Where has the art department budget gone?

Another theory: OMT and the team have more stadiums added, but wanted to get a blog out tonight. Is this possible?
Hopefully it's because they were working on progressive lighting.

# 35 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 02:03 AM
Quote:
and thats what the EA picture shows. if you zoom in, you can see it. it's hard to see because of the shadows.

click on this picture for a larger view, then zoom in
Can we establish that it is covered by a tarp cause i've never seen a wavy shadow with x's on? After that Why is the tarp there?

# 36 Solidice @ 04/17/09 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Can we establish that it is covered by a tarp cause i've never seen a wavy shadow with x's on? After that Why is the tarp there?
I believe the X's are the crossbars behind the banner. you can partially see them in the real-life picture as well.

Also, I don't think that is a hard surface, so if it's some kind of cloth-like banner, that would explain the wavy shadows. but I wouldn't know as I've never been there.

but I will say it's a bit dark, even for being in the shadows.

# 37 mercalnd @ 04/17/09 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Still no Kent State or Akron.
Akron's old stadium has been there since 08 so at least it's not a generic stadium. And they have yet to play in their new stadium so it might be a case like Minnesota where they didn't have enough info to make the new one in the game.

# 38 Squeezee12 @ 04/17/09 02:20 AM
I will add myself to the small group of guys that enjoyed the blog. The generic stadiums bothered me a lot. Glad that a lot of them are gone.

# 39 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 02:21 AM
Generic Stadiums: 2010

San Jose State
Rice
Miami, OH
Minnesota
Western Kentucky
Kent State

PetroSun Independence Bowl - Shrevport, LA
GMAC Bowl - Mobile, AL
International Bowl - Toronto, Canada
Emerald Bowl - San Francisco, CA

*Based on the new blog, and cross reference with 09..There is always the possibility there have been more added.

# 40 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 02:27 AM
Quote:
I believe the X's are the crossbars behind the banner. you can partially see them in the real-life picture as well.

Also, I don't think that is a hard surface, so if it's some kind of cloth-like banner, that would explain the wavy shadows. but I wouldn't know as I've never been there.

but I will say it's a bit dark, even for being in the shadows.
I can believe the crossbars behind the banner or tarp. Ok I think OMT would need to come in and speak on this. To me its nowhere near the color of the real pic. I still think they are hiding something. Just like the OU player with his back turned as to not show that the Revo Speed helmets are in yet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.