Home
News Post

EA has just posted another Fight Night Round 4. This one talks about boxer styles.

Quote:
"Styles make fights. It’s an old boxing adage that succinctly describes how the boxing styles of two combatants determines the type of fight they will have. If you put two cutesy southpaw counter-punchers in against each other and you’re probably not looking forward to a barnburning slugfest. If you put to face-first, take-two-to-give-one sluggers in against each other and you probably won’t have an exhibition of outstanding defensive technique on your hands. Creating a diverse set of boxing styles for the AI in Fight Night Round 4 has been a focus since the early stages of development.

There are a lot of things that make up a boxer’s style. First off, you have the stance: orthodox or southpaw. An interesting twist in Fight Night Round 4 is the addition of independent power ratings for each hand. This allows you to make a southpaw boxer with a dominant right hand, or vice versa. The boxing world is full of natural southpaws that were converted to fight right-handed by trainers early in their career. In Fight Night Round 4 you can simulate that effect with created boxers and you can expect licensed boxers that fought this way to have their attributes reflect that."

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ImReady77 @ 04/20/09 12:53 AM
I really like that we can import created fighters into the career mode as an opponent.

# 2 Money99 @ 04/20/09 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
I really like that we can import created fighters into the career mode as an opponent.
I know. I was geeked to hear this too.
There's one more tidbit about using imported fighters in your career mode that I'm excited to talk about.
It's nothing too big, but it's definitely something that some people will love.

# 3 Vast @ 04/20/09 12:31 PM
Awesome just awesome.

# 4 Vast @ 04/20/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I know. I was geeked to hear this too.
There's one more tidbit about using imported fighters in your career mode that I'm excited to talk about.
It's nothing too big, but it's definitely something that some people will love.
when can you reveal this info?

# 5 Money99 @ 04/20/09 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
when can you reveal this info?
I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks.
Like I said, it's nothing big, but it's a nice feature that some will go ga-ga over.

# 6 ImReady77 @ 04/21/09 03:38 PM
Is there a limit to how many created fighters that we can import?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.