Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10. This one takes a sneak peek at the Wildcat, screenshots included.

Quote:
"Hello Madden faithful! This week marks a very big week across the Madden Nation in terms of news - gameplay footage, the cover athlete, and some feature / technology releases. What you might imagine is that is that we (the development team) are extremely busy trying to get the game in good shape for everyone to see. So since we don't actually have a ton of time to spend on the blog, and the marketing / PR folks will be releasing a ton of news about the game anyway, we thought the least we could do was just drop a few quick screenshots to showcase some new stuff we've added."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Obelysk @ 04/20/09 04:27 PM
I just hope that the developers remember that the Phins use a offset line when they use the Wildcat.

# 102 LBzrule @ 04/20/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
Disciplined football should be able to contain the Wildcat. If the defense is making the correct reads, sticking to their assignments, and making good tackles then the Wildcat is nothing more than a 4 YPC play. It's making bad reads, not sticking to assignments, and poor tackling that allow the plays to be so dangerous.
Yeah and a lack of additional fronts that would help you out. It will not be hard though. You guys will see why when they do the blog, IF they put up all the plays for it.

# 103 green94 @ 04/20/09 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Exactly, these are the kind of shots we need to see post play and for replays, not the jumbotron and the cardboard crowd shots.
OMG, if they continue to show the god d*mn scoreboard after every play I'll scream.

# 104 g2thecore @ 04/20/09 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
looks OK.

if the game was made for ps3, it would look better.

Hilarious....That's all I'm gonna say.

# 105 Golden28 @ 04/20/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
thank you sir
Welcome

# 106 polamalu82 @ 04/20/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
DOF changes all the time, depends on who you are focusing on, its all about camera settings, its you can change dof at any point in time on a camera just due to settings.
So are you saying the DOF changes in the game? Is it just during replays or is it all the time? I see what your saying about cameras IRL but I'm wondering about how it's used in Madden.

# 107 thmst30 @ 04/20/09 04:34 PM
Looks pretty good. My two main gripes from these screens are that the shoulder numbers are still pitifully smaller than they should be, and as mentioned thats not even the correct Dolphins logo. Not sure how they messed that part up.

# 108 KANE699 @ 04/20/09 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
So are you saying the DOF changes in the game? Is it just during replays or is it all the time? I see what your saying about cameras IRL but I'm wondering about how it's used in Madden.
If I recall in replay it all just adjusts based on your focus point and how far away you are from the player, I dunno stuff was still kinda broken in our build so I can't give an exact answer for this.

# 109 iBlievN5 @ 04/20/09 04:38 PM
question: are these the official models for '10? i seem to remember (probably wrongly) that these were the madden 09 models but that there were new models made? either way these look excellent.

# 110 green94 @ 04/20/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
question: are these the official models for '10? i seem to remember (probably wrongly) that these were the madden 09 models but that there were new models made? either way these look excellent.
It is exciting to think that player models will ACTUALLY represent what we see every Sunday. Being able to distinguish MJD from Adrian Peterson is going to be awesome.

# 111 polamalu82 @ 04/20/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
If I recall in replay it all just adjusts based on your focus point and how far away you are from the player, I dunno stuff was still kinda broken in our build so I can't give an exact answer for this.
I guess they probably have change settings like this since you were there. Thanks though.

# 112 polamalu82 @ 04/20/09 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Im guessing the Wild Cat formations gonna play out similar to a draw play.
The wildcat was in NCAA games. They'll probably be the same in Madden.

edit- actually that was the option. Somewhat similar though.

# 113 Dawkins#20 @ 04/20/09 04:52 PM
I have faith in this team, I think they'' be monitoring this and making the adjustments needed.

# 114 daplayawitdafunk @ 04/20/09 04:56 PM
Only thing missing is the multi colored cleats. Please Ian give us the cleats and we will bow at your feet for eternity. It would add so much more to the game than the standard black and gray cleats.

# 115 capn_razzamataz @ 04/20/09 04:58 PM
Well it certainly looks good so far. I'm reserving any judgement until I actually play the game though.

# 116 King Gro23 @ 04/20/09 05:00 PM

If you look closely in the background of the picture, There is a referee falling to the ground. Does this mean there is collision detection with the referees on the field. Your linebacker is in perfect position to make a crucial 3rd down stop in the super bowl. He hesitates off the ball,runs after the ball carrier & collides with a ref feet before he reaches him . . . Discuss

# 117 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/20/09 05:01 PM
I love how far back the LT is on #93 Coleman. It's look a pocket will be formed...

# 118 Bgamer90 @ 04/20/09 05:03 PM
Yeah it has been said already that you'll be able to knock them down.

# 119 Bgamer90 @ 04/20/09 05:04 PM
These pics are amazing.

# 120 Donny_Moore @ 04/20/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Ricky Williams should also have a smoked visor, not clear, not black but smoke and also tucked sleeves

Good catch, fixed now.

BTW - Kane, off top of your head, who else needs a non-clear visor like Ricky? Are there any other players off the top of your head that you know where a smoked, orange, whatever visor?

thanks fella

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.