Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Crabtree, Johnson, Orakpo and Sanchez Featured on Platform Exclusive Covers

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - April 23, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Michael Crabtree, Brian Johnson, Brian Orakpo and Mark Sanchez will be featured on platform exclusive covers of EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 10, available in stores July 14th. Each cover athlete led his team on a memorable run toward the BCS National Championship, helping to shape the competitive landscape of college football in 2008.

Michael Crabtree, formerly of Texas Tech University, graces the NCAA Football 10 Xbox 360® cover. A top 2009 NFL Draft prospect and two-time recipient of the Biletnikoff and Paul Warfield Awards, Crabtree is a highly recognized wide receiver who led Texas Tech in a close race for the BCS National Championship up until the final weeks of the 2008 season. Texas Tech’s victory over Texas in Lubbock is considered one of the defining moments of 2008.

The PLAYSTATION®3 cover features University of Utah’s former quarterback, Brian Johnson. In 2008, under Johnson’s leadership, the Utah Utes became the only undefeated NCAA Division I team, boasting a 12-0 record heading into the 2009 Sugar Bowl. In that game, #7 Utah upset #4 Alabama to finish the season with a perfect 13-0 record. Johnson was named the Most Outstanding Player in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) version of NCAA Football 10 will showcase University of Southern California’s former quarterback, Mark Sanchez. In his only season as USC’s starting quarterback, Sanchez led the Trojans to a near perfect 12-1 season, narrowly missing the opportunity to compete for the 2008 BCS National Championship title. Sanchez was named the Most Valuable Offensive Player in the 2009 Rose Bowl.

University of Texas’ former defensive end, Brian Orakpo, is featured on the PlayStation®2 cover. In 2008, Orakpo was unanimously selected as a first-team All-American and named the Associated Press Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. In his final season with the Longhorns, Orakpo won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Ted Hendricks Award and the Lombardi Award. Under Orakpo’s leadership, the Longhorns were one of the most dominating teams in the college football last year, defeating numerous top 25 teams including eventual Big 12 Champion and BCS National Champion contender Oklahoma in a memorable Cotton Bowl confrontation.

NCAA Football 10 will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before with the all-new Season Showdown. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with
NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

NCAA Football 10 introduces TeamBuilder, an all-new, online create-a-school feature that will enhance the user’s ability to produce personalized content. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

With additional features scheduled to be announced between now and launch, football fans are encouraged to visit www.ncaafootball10.com regularly for the most up-to-date information. For pack art and screenshots from NCAA Football 10 please visit, http://eaus.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1121.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, NCAA Football 10 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable).

EA SPORTS™ is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and NASCAR® racing.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 wde1723 @ 04/23/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah
This does nothing for me.

I want the game to represent real college football, and until that goal is partially reached, these types of features are not necessary.
I could not agree more. I pray they did not add CAS and just forget about the gameplay and PRESENTATION. Honestly presentation is so much more important than CAS. However the addition of Erin Andrews and the bowl endzone art has led me to think that they have not done this. So if they added CAS and improved presentation and gameplay this will be by far the best NCAA to date. I will admit even though I'm not a big fan of CAS if it is as customizable as it is being hyped, they will have changed my mind whole heartedly about it.

# 82 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
You must dont know!!! LOL Way before I knew you could get the names off the internet I would print out every team roster and put all the names in by hand. So If you dont think people wont do it your wrong.
You're comparing having names in the rosters to creating FCS schools just so the opponents of your FBS school are more accurate? Please.

# 83 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wde1723
I could not agree more. I pray they did not add CAS and just forget about the gameplay and PRESENTATION.
Yeah that's it. I'm sure they completely forgot about gameplay. Oops! Maybe they can write a note to themselves for next time.

# 84 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
You're comparing having names in the rosters to creating FCS schools just so the opponents of your FBS school are more accurate? Please.
My point was somebody will put in the effort and with ea locker we can share it.

# 85 miami01 @ 04/23/09 05:24 PM
So, we can get uniform designs and logos off online, intresting.

# 86 TallyBoi7 @ 04/23/09 06:21 PM
Well atleast I can finally play a game with "Mr. Excitement" Leroy Vann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1gbX...eature=related

I don't know how to embed videos

# 87 TrevJo @ 04/23/09 06:24 PM
Quote:
My point was somebody will put in the effort and with ea locker we can share it.
Ah, I should have realized that. My bad.
The FCS pool seems like a reasonable idea. It might cause a problem with the size of dynasty files or something though, as others have said. If not, perhaps they could implement it next year.

In the meantime, I still think just replacing FCS Southwest or whatever with a created FCS school is pretty much just as good, if that is going to be possible. And even if it's not possible to replace the generic FCS schools, I'm still not convinced that the added FCS pool would be a big win from a realism standpoint over simply replacing a mostly irrelevant team with a created FCS school. (i.e. if you're Arkansas and want to play against FCS Missouri State, just download Missouri State and replace Middle Tennessee State of the Sun Belt with them. It's really not that a huge realism loss, you're never going to run across Middle Tennessee State anyway.)

# 88 mjussawalla @ 04/23/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
That's interesting, I wonder if the FCS Region teams will be swappable. That would be cool. Real schedules are only announced a few years in advance so people could pretty much swap out all the ones that are on their favorite team's real schedules for the next few years, and that would be that.
Yes, this is exactly how I would see myself using this feature. i.e. get 10-12 schools and swap them with the current FCS XYZ fake schools. I wouldn't mind if there was no progression on those teams (i.e. year after year of same rosters), but this would make the experience more fun.

OMT, could you clarify if we can do this?

Thanks,

# 89 Squeezee12 @ 04/23/09 06:40 PM
I really doubt you will able to replace the FCS regional teams. Infact Im willing to bet anything on it....

# 90 WolverinesFinest @ 04/23/09 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I really doubt you will able to replace the FCS regional teams. Infact Im willing to bet anything on it....
you can't replace regional teams because they have no conference.

# 91 hayvis @ 04/23/09 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
you can't replace regional teams because they have no conference.
This is a deal breaker for me. Why have a massively realistic create-a-school mode if you have to replace FBS teams to see how they fare. Either you should be able to see how a team fares if you add it to the 120 teams of the FBS or EA should have spent a tiny bit more time to add create a conference. Neither would be stupidly hard to implement for the sake of appeasing the sim community who would like something a little more realistic than subbing the Gators or who-ever for their high school team.

If you have to sub out FBS teams, this whole thing is pointless for me, and I can imagine will be a disappointment to many others who buy the game.

# 92 moylan1234 @ 04/23/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
posts like this are ********

#1, nobody is FORCING you to use the feature. If you want your so called "sim" season then just dont use the feature and play dynasty like its set up and been. Its not a big deal, once again let me stress, you dont have to use it if you dont like it. I thought Campus Legend or whatever its called was stupid but i didnt sit around bitching and moaning about it, i simply just didn't use it.

#2, like i said before, you cant just add 1 extra team to the 120 teams or however many extra teams on top of the 120 because of the conflict it creates with schedules

#3, you talk so much about wanting things to be realistic and then go on to say let us create custom conferences. How is that realistic?

#4, you dont have to sub out Florida or a big name school. Sub out a team like Western Kentucky. Do you honestly pay attention to what they do during your dynasty anyway?

#5, they have a massively realistic create a school because people have been asking for create a school to be brought back since the game has been on next gen. And if they just gave you the same exact create a school that was on the ps2 then people would bitch that it took so long to get it in and they just ended up getting the same exact thing from the old systems. So they brought the feature back and made it a lot better for those that enjoy this feature.

#6, so if its pointless for you once again DON'T USE IT. Rather than focus on the positives that we've seen so far, you're going to pick out the 1 new feature you don't like and won't use and bitch and moan about it. And it most likely won't be a huge disappointment for those that have wanted this back in the game. People act like you were able to just add extra teams when create a school was in the older versions. The whole idea of substituting a created school for a current school was in the older versions as well.

I mean people are getting ridiculous. If its something that you dont think you're going to ever use or will like, then simply don't use it. You can simply not use and play a normal dynasty like you've been able to do every year. But for those that enjoy creating 1aa schools, d-2, d-3 and yes even their old h.s. teams, this is a feature we will enjoy and that adds a lot of replay value to the game.
+1, nicely done

# 93 hayvis @ 04/23/09 07:32 PM
Quote:

#1, nobody is FORCING you to use the feature. If you want your so called "sim" season then just dont use the feature and play dynasty like its set up and been. Its not a big deal, once again let me stress, you dont have to use it if you dont like it. I thought Campus Legend or whatever its called was stupid but i didnt sit around bitching and moaning about it, i simply just didn't use it.

#2, like i said before, you cant just add 1 extra team to the 120 teams or however many extra teams on top of the 120 because of the conflict it creates with schedules

#3, you talk so much about wanting things to be realistic and then go on to say let us create custom conferences. How is that realistic?

#4, you dont have to sub out Florida or a big name school. Sub out a team like Western Kentucky. Do you honestly pay attention to what they do during your dynasty anyway?

#5, they have a massively realistic create a school because people have been asking for create a school to be brought back since the game has been on next gen. And if they just gave you the same exact create a school that was on the ps2 then people would bitch that it took so long to get it in and they just ended up getting the same exact thing from the old systems. So they brought the feature back and made it a lot better for those that enjoy this feature.

#6, so if its pointless for you once again DON'T USE IT. Rather than focus on the positives that we've seen so far, you're going to pick out the 1 new feature you don't like and won't use and bitch and moan about it. And it most likely won't be a huge disappointment for those that have wanted this back in the game. People act like you were able to just add extra teams when create a school was in the older versions. The whole idea of substituting a created school for a current school was in the older versions as well.

I mean people are getting ridiculous. If its something that you dont think you're going to ever use or will like, then simply don't use it. You can simply not use and play a normal dynasty like you've been able to do every year. But for those that enjoy creating 1aa schools, d-2, d-3 and yes even their old h.s. teams, this is a feature we will enjoy and that adds a lot of replay value to the game.
What's ******** is having an opinion and not allowing another person to have one too.

# 94 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 07:37 PM
Quote:

Calm down BREATHE! It all comes down to opinions

But realize that teambuilder took time away from more popular wants like accessories. So if your not a fan of CAS or how there using it you have every right to complain. I think NCAA biggest problem is mismanaging there time on stuff like mascout games and season showdown and for some of us teambuilder.

# 95 hayvis @ 04/23/09 07:38 PM
Also after much thought, can any of the mods or anyone from EA let us know if there is the option to schedule in CAS teams without adding them to the FBS in any way? This would mean that I would be very happy with the feature. I play sim style/coach mode style and want to keep the FBS intact in order to produce accurate sim results.

If anyone doesn't understand this then please refrain from calling me ******** and just be happy that you're happy.

# 96 thmst30 @ 04/23/09 07:41 PM
You guys do realize that EVERY game that has ever had create-a-team requires you to sub out another team. The programming that would be required to add an extra team to a league is absolutely not worth the time or hassle. Just take out some little crap team that you don't care for at all, then use the new custom conference feature to put your team in a conference you want. That's how it has always been in every sports game. I don't see why all of a sudden it's so horrible. I'm just ****ing stoked that I can FINALLY play as App. St. on this current gen of consoles. IMO it took way too long, but the possibility is finally here and thats good enough for me.

# 97 mercalnd @ 04/23/09 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Also after much thought, can any of the mods or anyone from EA let us know if there is the option to schedule in CAS teams without adding them to the FBS in any way? This would mean that I would be very happy with the feature. I play sim style/coach mode style and want to keep the FBS intact in order to produce accurate sim results.

If anyone doesn't understand this then please refrain from calling me ******** and just be happy that you're happy.
I can see this happening. After all, the FCS regional teams aren't part of dynasty mode at all aside from being on some teams' schedules so it wouldn't be any different. We'll just have to wait and see.

# 98 hayvis @ 04/23/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I can see this happening. After all, the FCS regional teams aren't part of dynasty mode at all aside from being on some teams' schedules so it wouldn't be any different. We'll just have to wait and see.
I've got fingers toes and *** crossed on this one, because to me CAS won't mean a thing unless I can keep the integrity of the FBS.

# 99 DLaren @ 04/23/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
But realise that teambuilder took time away from more popular wants like accessories.
You just made that up, didn't you?

# 100 da ThRONe @ 04/23/09 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
I've got fingers toes and *** crossed on this one, because to me CAS won't mean a thing unless I can keep the integrity of the FBS.
You would think with the upsets and tough games FCS would be in or the devs. would find some kind of way to sneak them in!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.