Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 lnin0 @ 04/25/09 01:16 PM
Not so much an interview as it was a Madden commercial. Jimmy asked Larry nothing about himself, basically just plugged the game for five minutes. How sad for both men that they are nothing but EA shills.

# 142 roadman @ 04/25/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Not so much an interview as it was a Madden commercial. Jimmy asked Larry nothing about himself, basically just plugged the game for five minutes. How sad for both men that they are nothing but EA shills.
Don't you have a remote control?

# 143 Bgamer90 @ 04/25/09 01:22 PM
Quote:
Well the reason why Larry was on was due to the Madden 10 cover...

don't really know what you were expecting to see in that interview.

And if Jimmy is an EA shill than he (and just about all late night talk show hosts) must be a shill to whatever show or music label their guests are on lol.

# 144 lostintravise @ 04/25/09 01:24 PM
What's with Fallon running 20 yards back and then launching the ball downfield? WHy is that possible on ANY level? hm.. things have definitely changed. I'll definitely be looking for some real gameplay in the days to come. All of these trailers and teasers have just made me even more skeptical.

# 145 alliance4g63 @ 04/25/09 01:26 PM
I will echo what some said. I don't care if it were on rookie, he was still able to complete a bomb on 4th down in double coverage OFF HIS BACK FOOT after dropping back 15 yards. I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could have scrambled to the left.

What would have been the difference if it were a higher difficulty? The ball would have been intercepted .. AND!? Still doesnt change the core mechanics of how the play went down. And it doesn't change the mind set of most Madden players, they never punt! So far not good......

# 146 lostintravise @ 04/25/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I will echo what some said. I don't care if it were on rookie, he was still able to complete a bomb on 4th down in double coverage OFF HIS BACK FOOT after dropping back 15 yards. I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could have scrambled to the left.

What would have been the difference if it were a higher difficulty? The ball would have been intercepted .. AND!? Still doesnt change the core mechanics of how the play went down. And it doesn't change the mind set of most Madden players, they never punt! So far not good......

Exactly! I'll withhold absolute judgement though until I can see some footage closer to release. I just know that if it's still like this at release (I'll be renting no matter what) I definitely won't be buying this.

# 147 Bgamer90 @ 04/25/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63

I understand what you mean but you don't want to force the player to do something just because it's real to what players in the NFL do. I mean you gotta have players learn from their dumb mistakes. It's also not fair if they are playing against a person that doesn't do those things (since more than likely that person will be rewarded due to the other person's mistakes).

# 148 K_GUN @ 04/25/09 02:00 PM
Quote:

do us a favor..don't make post '838' until 2k"x" is released

thanks

# 149 Methlab @ 04/25/09 02:03 PM
This looks like 09 with different cutscreens and playcall menu. I see none of the improvements people were hinting at in community day. Oh well, I will buy NHL 10 and Modern Warfare 2 and wait until EA FINALLY loses the exclusive NFL rights. Maybe Backbreaker will be good.

# 150 Bgamer90 @ 04/25/09 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
This looks like 09 with different cutscreens and playcall menu. I see none of the improvements people were hinting at in community day. Oh well, I will buy NHL 10 and Modern Warfare 2 and wait until EA FINALLY loses the exclusive NFL rights. Maybe Backbreaker will be good.
Wow... I love how people are making final judgments of a rookie mode video that a person taped in front of a TV with major edits....

# 151 Cusefan @ 04/25/09 02:15 PM
Anyone who is comparing this to Madden 09 Obviously did not play Madden 09 that much. I easily have 100+ hours on 09 and the difference is night and day. First off, The pocket actually develops in 10, OL/DL Interection is much better, The Presentation is obviously improved, and 10 has alot more little touches.

Seriously, Go back and play Madden 09, you will see the improvements...

# 152 BSherrod @ 04/25/09 02:40 PM
Nice to see the short sleeve compression shirts in. I have seen many people refer to them as "half sleeves", but they are really just short sleeve Under Armour shirts. I hope NCAA gets some of this accessory love.

# 153 Methlab @ 04/25/09 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Wow... I love how people are making final judgments of a rookie mode video that a person taped in front of a TV with major edits....
And I love people who blindly defend the game even though we CLEARLY saw the exact same QB dropback that everyone hates. The new excuse is that it's on rookie right? I just want to make sure that we are on the same page here.

# 154 Methlab @ 04/25/09 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Anyone who is comparing this to Madden 09 Obviously did not play Madden 09 that much. I easily have 100+ hours on 09 and the difference is night and day. First off, The pocket actually develops in 10, OL/DL Interection is much better, The Presentation is obviously improved, and 10 has alot more little touches.

Seriously, Go back and play Madden 09, you will see the improvements...
I played it enough to know it was horrible and needed to be sold. It was not a good game unless you like to FB dive and roll your QB out every play. Let's hope this one is, but it's not looking much better SO FAR.

# 155 roadman @ 04/25/09 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
And I love people who blindly defend the game even though we CLEARLY saw the exact same QB dropback that everyone hates. The new excuse is that it's on rookie right? I just want to make sure that we are on the same page here.
You can't judge a cover by it's book, either.

There was a good QB pocket on the late night(not with this video) with LF Jr.

# 156 Methlab @ 04/25/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelito kache
I Dont know but , the game still looks the same from last year!! maybe a lil bit better..
LOL you can't say that here. People get mad. But seriously, if we did not want a good football game we would not post in this forum. I do not understand why people can't say their opinion without it being deemed invalid by someone else.

# 157 alliance4g63 @ 04/25/09 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I understand what you mean but you don't want to force the player to do something just because it's real to what players in the NFL do. I mean you gotta have players learn from their dumb mistakes. It's also not fair if they are playing against a person that doesn't do those things (since more than likely that person will be rewarded due to the other person's mistakes).
Then why are they playing a football simulation then? With great power comes great responsibility.. It's up to Ian & Co. to change the way the community plays. People play that way because the game allows them to. If that ball that was thrown was a duck, guess what?! People would slowly start to stop throwing off their back foot.

Everyone that plays Madden are atleast football fans. When they play Madden, they are doing those "un-sim" things because they know it will put them in the best position to win. It makes the Jimmy Fallons of the world feel good when they are beating football savvy people. This has to change.. Hell this was supposed to have changed!

# 158 alliance4g63 @ 04/25/09 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
It was nice to see a running play actually develop. I could really tell the change in speed and momentum. Still, the QB was able to flick a bomb with no step or windup at all, that needs fixed.
And seeing stuff like that is what makes me realize the hard truth.. We will never get the game we want. And we aren't expecting a perfect game either, we just want a freakin football game.

I remember when I was a blind fanboy and bought Madden every year. I used to be very satisfied with the little things they added every year. Well now I'm starting to realize they are still really doing the same things. Because sure Madden 10 will be better than 09 and there will be better Ol/Dl, Wr/Db interaction but the game will still play the same. So I'm with the people that will just wait for the day when or even if they lose the license, which is pathetic.

# 159 CreatineKasey @ 04/25/09 03:07 PM
The first, and most important, thing I noticed was game speed! It is definitely slowed down and that is a giant step in the right direction in my opinion!

Hope to see some momentum/running animation stuff soon!

# 160 BSherrod @ 04/25/09 03:12 PM
I think the OS crowd is confusing our probable 5% piece of the Madden buying pie to be much larger than it actually is. That segment was obviously played on Rookie and not made with any of us in mind, it was a comedic piece to advertise the game that happened to show off some new features.

A lot of people play Madden to play a video game where they can play as NFL players, but have fun and throw 50 yard bombs. There are 5-year old kids who are probably pretty decent at most video games, but have no idea what the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 is. There are guys aged 50 years old that have a great understanding of the game of football and the strategy, but have no idea the difference between the Left Bumper and the Left Trigger or what the hell an analog stick is. Madden sells to both those people, as well as us. EA has a difficulty level for those people and us. End of rant.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.