Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Last week, I had a chance to sit down with EA Sports and view the current build of NCAA Football 10. I also got a walkthrough of some of the new aspects of the game.

Based upon the walkthrough, it seems like customization is the name of the game with NCAA Football 10. Sure, the developers also want to fix some of the issues NCAA 09 had and improve the game on the field, but the theme of customization still stuck out most to me.

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impression

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rudyjuly2 @ 04/27/09 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
does "- Playbooks have been completely revamped again." = custom playbooks?
I would say no. Earlier they had commented about how the flexbone got a lot of updates and that shotgun running plays were improved. I think that's what they are talking about. The next gen playbooks haven't been as good as what's on the last gen consoles so maybe we got a bunch of new plays to use this year.

# 22 godylla @ 04/27/09 02:11 PM
As I am excited that they have made changes in regards to the OL and DL, I am a bit worried about the right stick movements. If I am trying to do a swim move, or spin move, I don't want to go into an animation that results in me using the hit stick, therefore making my efforts to get to the quarterback a complete loss. How will the game be able to differentiate from being a defensive move to a hit stick? It kind of reminds me of in earlier installments of the game when they tried to make R2 the "big hit button" but also had it work as getting a good jump off the snap, but if timed incorrectly it just did the "big hit" animation and you stumbled and couldn't get to the quarterback. I don't want to deal with my defensive end going for a big hit at no one in sight when all I really wanted him to do was a swim move. Anyone understand what I'm saying?

# 23 EvanRG @ 04/27/09 02:16 PM
My guess is that they may have taken the big hit away from the Defensive Line altogether.

I thought I read somewhere that the goofy "QB gets head jarred off" animation from 09 will be gone.

Some of the QB sack animations were over the top.

# 24 godylla @ 04/27/09 02:18 PM
How can they take the animation away from just the line? So what if I bring a LB or a DB on a blitz and I try to do a right stick move? Is the hit stick completely gone?

# 25 sportzbro @ 04/27/09 02:38 PM
nice aritcle, i like the d-line control with the right stick now.

# 26 eaglesfan27 @ 04/27/09 03:36 PM
I don't see it as a real continuation of online dynasties because I suspect the records that we have built won't be imported and we'll start at the beginning of the 09 season. Still, it is cool that we can recreate our rosters (but sounds time intensive.)

# 27 DLaren @ 04/27/09 03:55 PM
Thanks for the impressions!

My question relates to the following defensive enhancements...

Quote:
On the defensive side of the ball, you now have the ability to key in on certain types of plays before the snap. You have four options –- pass, run left, run right or run middle.

The defense this year can also "spotlight" certain players before the snap. This allows you to pay extra attention to the spotlighted player, which should give you a better chance of shutting him down.

NCAA also includes a new "game plan" feature. Essentially, you are able to tweak certain settings, and each setting has a positive and negative associated with it.

For instance, you might choose to have your defense focus on intercepting passes instead of covering the receiver. This means you might intercept more passes, but there is also a better chance that your defense will get burned down the field on a double move or miss an interception and give up a big play.

Will the CPU take advantage of these options? Or are these features only available to the user?

Thanks.

# 28 maxkil123 @ 04/27/09 04:29 PM
Have they made any changes to the campus legend mode? It was enjoyable to have user participation in determining someone's grades. And it was very annoying to have to sit back and watch the QB throw pick after pick or watch the RB gain negative yardage or see screens called every third play where the QB would sacked, even if you tried to call for the ball.

# 29 Furq @ 04/27/09 05:00 PM
One thing I'd like to see fixed on defense is that for me at least I thought short passes were far too easy. I play as Texas and sure it's what they do in real life too, but I thought it was just a little bit too easy to carve up the defense, in Madden the defenders would really do a good job of bumping receivers around before 5 yards.

# 30 atlplayboy23 @ 04/27/09 05:53 PM
Nice blog Im loving the new ideas. Especially the player spotlight

# 31 Trakan31 @ 04/27/09 08:02 PM
Yes this years game is going to turn some heads i belive of what NCAA has been yrs b4 this is the change we been wanting

# 32 Coach Bryant @ 04/27/09 08:31 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if you can generate some pass rush with your defensive line this year.

# 33 SHO @ 04/27/09 09:04 PM
So you mean they actually put defense back in the game?

# 34 mercalnd @ 04/27/09 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
The only thing in this blog that really kinds of makes me unhappy is the controls. You got to use your right stick now to get the QB now. WTF is with that crap EA I hope they gave us controller option to wheather we want use out stick are the old way which I am use to by the buttons. People always try to change crap that ain't broken. Using your stick. Gosh what a crappy idea. Some of you might find is nice. But I hate it. Like I said there better be a option for stick are button option. If not EA is down screw up this sale.
FYI, that's how it used to be on last gen and many people felt it worked much better having the DL moves on the right stick.

# 35 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 11:50 PM
this is true eaglesfan. there are other things leagues will need to work out - like what to do with the other teams. do you create all the teams in your conferences? do the random name option and play pretend?

and maybe you all create mid-majors and take your existing players.

IMO that's another cool option for Online Dynasties - all creating schools with the same prestige, making rules about how many "clicks" you can divide up among your schools ratings and compete from there. Certainly levels the playing field among the Purdues and Ohio States of the world that way.

# 36 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 11:51 PM
Didn't see school records on the Team Builder site. Sorry.

# 37 bigwill33 @ 04/27/09 11:55 PM
Bly, are there alternate uni's for created schools that you saw?

I heard you can mix or match uniform combos, and that would be cool, but ESPN said it so I take it with a grain of salt.

What would be really nice would be to have an option to create an alternate for your real school. I would be adding some throwbacks!

# 38 BlyGilmore @ 04/28/09 09:15 AM
Each created school has four uniforms available - home, away, alternate home and alternate away.

# 39 Exonerated @ 04/28/09 09:17 AM
School Records will be generic for each Teambuilt

# 40 stylee @ 04/28/09 10:24 AM
Bly...see any option plays?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.