Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Last week, I had a chance to sit down with EA Sports and view the current build of NCAA Football 10. I also got a walkthrough of some of the new aspects of the game.

Based upon the walkthrough, it seems like customization is the name of the game with NCAA Football 10. Sure, the developers also want to fix some of the issues NCAA 09 had and improve the game on the field, but the theme of customization still stuck out most to me.

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impression

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 callmetaternuts @ 04/28/09 10:39 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the insight!

Hope the defense makes it way back to NCAA this year!

# 42 BlyGilmore @ 04/28/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Bly...see any option plays?
If memory serves a couple of option plays were run. They looked pretty much like they did last year.

# 43 bigwill33 @ 04/28/09 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
Each created school has four uniforms available - home, away, alternate home and alternate away.
Well that is cool at least. Thanks.

# 44 canes21 @ 04/28/09 01:45 PM
Bly, are we able to take a team already in the game and modify their uniforms through TeamBuilder. Because instead of remaking he Hurricanes and erasing the record books, it would be nice to just change the logo and uniform, but still have all 5 championships.

# 45 BlyGilmore @ 04/28/09 03:50 PM
I don't think so canes. you can create a team that looks just like them, and bring their roster into that "new" team, but i think you abandon the team's history.

# 46 Wolverines05 @ 04/28/09 04:53 PM
Bly, did the game speed seem the same as ncaa 09, faster, or slower? in the videos shown so far, it seems as though the players are all faster, which IMO will make the game more realistic and fun.

# 47 stylee @ 04/28/09 05:12 PM
Quote:
If memory serves a couple of option plays were run. They looked pretty much like they did last year.
Thanks.
I'm not buying the game.

# 48 BlyGilmore @ 04/29/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
Bly, did the game speed seem the same as ncaa 09, faster, or slower? in the videos shown so far, it seems as though the players are all faster, which IMO will make the game more realistic and fun.
I really didn't think it looked that different game speed wise.

# 49 moylan1234 @ 04/29/09 03:00 PM
Quote:
Each created school has four uniforms available - home, away, alternate home and alternate away.
really? everything else i've seen says 2 helmets, 4 jerseys, 2 pants

# 50 Blackout863 @ 05/01/09 11:31 AM
they need to bring back fair play. to many ppl going for it on 4th and whatever. thats not real football. you dont see teams going for it on 4th very often

# 51 rudyjuly2 @ 05/01/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
they need to bring back fair play. to many ppl going for it on 4th and whatever. thats not real football. you dont see teams going for it on 4th very often
While they don't stop you from doing it, those things will be a negative on the new sportsmanship rating a player will get. You can then avoid those guys.

# 52 dstubb @ 05/02/09 11:21 AM
The reason people go for it so often on 4th down in 09 is because the defenses are so poor. Once you get behind in an online game it's very difficult to win. I mean, when the QB options out and my corner or OLB just looks at him while he runs twenty yards before reacting, I mean, that's a problem.

# 53 acarrero @ 05/04/09 09:46 PM
Maybe it's just me, but customization? That's not what this game needs. This engine is old - been around since the first Madden on the PS2. When will we see a new one??

# 54 XFLOutLaw @ 05/05/09 01:29 AM
can anyone confirm if the FBS teams will be in the game this year....i iike to take those teams and make them powerhouses

# 55 moylan1234 @ 05/05/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFLOutLaw
can anyone confirm if the FBS teams will be in the game this year....i iike to take those teams and make them powerhouses
Yes I can confirm all of the FBS teams will be in NCAA 10

# 56 AirRaidTT @ 05/05/09 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Thanks.
I'm not buying the game.
Diva.

# 57 AirRaidTT @ 05/05/09 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstubb
The reason people go for it so often on 4th down in 09 is because the defenses are so poor. Once you get behind in an online game it's very difficult to win. I mean, when the QB options out and my corner or OLB just looks at him while he runs twenty yards before reacting, I mean, that's a problem.
No doubt about that. I can run the same play on 4th down and be successful about 80% of the time. The curl route worked nearly everytime.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.