Home
News Post

The new patch to upgrade MLB 09: The Show to version 1.06 has been released. Here is a list of the fixes from Community Manager Ramone Russell (Russell_SCEA on our boards):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone Russell
MLB 09 The Show PS3: Patch 2 Addressed Issues

General:
  • AL and NL West (including Cubs) schedule addresses. Day games updated to correct time zone.
  • Addressed CPU Pitcher Energy from always full when pressing the quick menu while batting.
  • Fixed the issue when in the bullpen moving from last pitcher (closer) to top pitcher, the top pitcher's stats stay the same as the closer.
  • Inning pitched count corrected for pitchers during spring training. This is in ALL SEASON Modes.
  • Fixed AUTO BASERUNNING. Users should no longer be able to control steels for you or CPU using L1 and L2 in any game at any time.
  • Fixed the Movie Recording feature in both Replay and Replay Vault. Users should no longer get stuck after multiple recordings.
  • Players names not being called correctly in the audio. One specific item was Beltran being called Delgado and vice versa. This line used to be erroneously said for Juan Rivera. It has now been corrected to play for Casey Kotchman. This line used to be erroneously said for David Ortiz. This line used to be erroneously said for Miguel Cabrera. It has now been "disabled".
  • Career stats after going online and using weekly online Live Rosters or using the Online Roster Vault should now be correct.
  • Fixed issues with unbalanced trades when the rosters were full. 3 for 1 trades that will result in people being placed on waivers should now function.
  • Fix the problem in RTTS as the pitcher when a baserunner from 1st steals, the camera would sometimes swing around thru the crowd.
  • Fix switch hitter sub presentations using the wrong helmet sometimes.
  • Fix RTTS CP never getting a goal before the 1st pitch
  • Fix the Batter Training camera automatically being set to Catcher Cam.
  • Fix the Flashback Presentation X out problem.

Franchise Bugs

1.Fixed September 14 Road to the Show season lock.
2.Scouted players should now have feedback at the time of the amateur draft in June.
3.Fixed CPU roster control and lineup issue where users turn cpu roster control on, set a lineup, but lineup changes do not hold.
4.Fixed a bug where the user controlled team would not receive compensation picks when they lose Type A and B freeagents.
5.Fixed bug not allowing farm directors to be hired or fired. Just load into a franchise and fire a farm director during the off-season.
6.Addressed a problem where the title loses simulating functionality in franchise mode when addressing online requests.

Online:
1.Addressed Free Agents in the Online league Live draft. They should now be placed on teams through Roster Update are usable on user’s teams. (Guys like Manny Ramirez or Adam Dunn should now be available.)
2.Fixed Message Board bug that result in no messages being shown after changing full pages.
3.Reduced online game bandwidth usage.
4.Made minor change to the League create screen to Randomize the Draft time to various 30 minute increments from 12noon from 8pm.
An attempt to fix in-game disconnect issues in the production community. This is in an effort to stop the dreaded traffic delay problem the the community is reporting.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 callmetaternuts @ 04/27/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes that's right all the old rosters from the roster vault are contaminated. Knight and others have to create those rosters all over again hence why he said it sucks.
Thanks Russell, just want to make sure Im understanding all this.

We can still load Knight's rosters from a thumbdrive and use them, right? It wont cause the game to crash or anything, will it?

Essentially they just wont be on the vault, right?

# 102 The Chef @ 04/27/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
All he's saying is that they can't be uploaded to Sports Connect, NOT that you can't use them to start a franchise. It means that any roster set currently in the works based on a set previous to those release dates will have to be imported from a flash, not downloaded.
Out of curiosity, how did you come to that conclusion? He openly admits that rosters like Knights are now contaminated, and they will be contaminated no matter how you load them onto your PS3 so I fail to see how using a thumb drive will suddenly allow you to use his rosters from before. Now I could be completely missing something or be off on how I interpreted the answers that have been posted previously but thats the way I see it.

# 103 rush02721 @ 04/27/09 06:35 PM
does anyone remember what the first few updates addressed? because i would just delete the game utility data and just play of the original version if there weren't glaring issues other than the one's that they tried to address with this patch.

# 104 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
All he's saying is that they can't be uploaded to Sports Connect, NOT that you can't use them to start a franchise. It means that any roster set currently in the works based on a set previous to those release dates will have to be imported from a flash, not downloaded.
That's correct in my opinion.

# 105 The Chef @ 04/27/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Wtf I play with auto baserunning on and can still steal manually ?
Not sure on the tone of your post since its tough to gauge on a message board. Are you asking because you werent aware you could do this from the start or are you basically saying that you are still able to do this after the patch? Previously you would press L2 and your runner would take off on the pitch and it took into account your baserunners speed and steal ability, and it was nice to use when you wanted to hit and run without having to worry about the baserunning otherwise.

At this point Im just not going to download the patch, it didnt accomplish anything that helps me at all and I dont want this feature to vanish, nor do I want my franchise crashing so I dont think Im going to be taking any chances.

# 106 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush02721
does anyone remember what the first few updates addressed? because i would just delete the game utility data and just play of the original version if there weren't glaring issues other than the one's that they tried to address with this patch.
Yea, you bring up a good point. I forgot about the other patches. I think they addressed only online content, but don't quote me on that one.

# 107 LowerWolf @ 04/27/09 06:37 PM
Dumb question:

If we play with the default rosters (the one the game shipped with, i.e. we don't load a single roster file) can we avoid the historical stat glitch?

# 108 ProdigyPSU @ 04/27/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Out of curiosity, how did you come to that conclusion? He openly admits that rosters like Knights are now contaminated, and they will be contaminated no matter how you load them onto your PS3 so I fail to see how using a thumb drive will suddenly allow you to use his rosters from before. Now I could be completely missing something or be off on how I interpreted the answers that have been posted previously but thats the way I see it.
Basically the point that's trying to be made is that Knight's rosters are contaminated, and thus cannot be on the Roster Vault. But nothing should stop you from copying the rosters from a thumb drive to the PS3, and start a franchise with them. Like what everyone did last year, right?

# 109 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Not sure on the tone of your post since its tough to gauge on a message board. Are you asking because you werent aware you could do this from the start or are you basically saying that you are still able to do this after the patch? Previously you would press L2 and your runner would take off on the pitch and it took into account your baserunners speed and steal ability, and it was nice to use when you wanted to hit and run without having to worry about the baserunning otherwise.

At this point Im just not going to download the patch, it didnt accomplish anything that helps me at all and I dont want this feature to vanish, nor do I want my franchise crashing so I dont think Im going to be taking any chances.
Chef, didn't you see my post, someone said it still works a few pages back. I haven't verified, but I will for you tonight if no one else does.

# 110 magoo1967 @ 04/27/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Yup long as you use the new rosters it should be fine. All the old rosters are "contaminated" that's why Knight and others have to re-do them.
Russell, I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, but is there any hope that the cpu roster control will be addressed in another patch? I know it's on the list of things that were supposed to be fixed with this patch, but as myself and many others have confirmed this still isn't working after the patch (cpu still uses illogical lineups even after you set them correctly with cpu roster control set to ON). Just thought I'd take a shot asking.

# 111 The Chef @ 04/27/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
That's correct in my opinion.
But, if Knights rosters are contaminated per SCEA themselves saying it and Knight saying that it sucked but had to be done if it fixed the problem, then what does loading from a thumb drive solve? I cant imagine that simply loading from a thumb drive instead of downloading from the vault caused Knight to say how it sucked but had to be done?

# 112 The Chef @ 04/27/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Right. Their not contaminated, but SCEA doesn't want glitchy stat rosters in the vault anymore.
What?!?!?!? The SCEA poster himself says that Knight would have to do the rosters all over, how is it that we can load from a thumb drive while using the patch and solve this problem if he himself is saying that Knight will have to do them all over again? Are you sure your reading all of his posts at this point?

# 113 gtm @ 04/27/09 06:42 PM
From Knight:

Okay..

The patch doesn't fix rosters with the stat glitch saved. .....which applies to mine....Sorry.
If that's the most important detail in your franchise...you must look elsewhere....sorry.

No more stat glitch talk...sorry!

M.K.
Knight165

# 114 ProdigyPSU @ 04/27/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
But, if Knights rosters are contaminated per SCEA themselves saying it and Knight saying that it sucked but had to be done if it fixed the problem, then what does loading from a thumb drive solve? I cant imagine that simply loading from a thumb drive instead of downloading from the vault caused Knight to say how it sucked but had to be done?
Loading from the thumb drive solves the problem in which you can't download them from the vault. You can download them from sendspace, etc.

They will still have the stat glitch, but will also be totally usable if you want to start a franchise...

It sucks for Knight cuz if he wants stat glitch free rosters, or rosters of any kind on the vault, he has to start over.

# 115 TheDutchDad @ 04/27/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
What?!?!?!? The SCEA poster himself says that Knight would have to do the rosters all over, how is it that we can load from a thumb drive while using the patch and solve this problem if he himself is saying that Knight will have to do them all over again? Are you sure your reading all of his posts at this point?
No one is saying it will solve the stupid stat problem, they are saying you can at least use rosters that are complete, although with the stat glitch. Most people don't care about the stat glitch. I sure don't. I just reloaded my franchise with Knights roster and it works, and I also started a new franchise to see it worked and it does.

# 116 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
I think that you can still do a franchise with them, but they did not want them on the vault since they don't have the proper database structure. I did a franchise with them earlier today and it seemed fine, but I don't know for sure. I did not play. Of course the historical stats would not work on them.
You bring up a good point though. SCEA would have to say for sure.

# 117 The Chef @ 04/27/09 06:45 PM
Quote:
Yup long as you use the new rosters it should be fine. All the old rosters are "contaminated" that's why Knight and others have to re-do them.
Here is what I was talking about guys, Russell states that they are contaminated and Knight would have to re-do them. Now how would loading from a thumb drive (usb drive) solve this? I would assume that if this was a solution then not only would Russell state this but he wouldnt mention anything about Knight having to re-do them nor would Knight be saying how it sucked. All signs on my end point to the rosters being in some sort of "incompatible" position and not being able to be used thanks to something being changed within the way the game utilizes the roster feature. If thats correct and those that are experiencing crashes are using custom rosters from before then maybe this "incompatible" or "contaminated" roster issue is causing it. In the end Im just speculating but it all makes sense to me atleast.

# 118 malachijohn666 @ 04/27/09 06:45 PM
Ok has anyone else wondered if they fixed the Comeback issue?

# 119 tgreer @ 04/27/09 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
Russell, I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, but is there any hope that the cpu roster control will be addressed in another patch? I know it's on the list of things that were supposed to be fixed with this patch, but as myself and many others have confirmed this still isn't working after the patch (cpu still uses illogical lineups even after you set them correctly with cpu roster control set to ON). Just thought I'd take a shot asking.

Yeah, hate to ask to. But would LOVE CPU ROSTER CONTROL ON to work as well!! A few of us have been testing things all day, so if any of you SCEA guys want any info, let one of us know. It has definitely been worked on (thanks) but there is really just one issue remaining to be fixed (hopefully) This has to do with your opponents lineup. Thanks guys

# 120 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Yea, I missed his "contaminated" comment, but it isn't really contaminated, it just probably has the wrong roster database structure. He probably just used that word which infers a virus or something sinister which it is not. He would have to clarify. I am no longer in the computer field, and haven't worked on games in years.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.