Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The latest Madden NFL 10 blog is online. Letting the "Wildcat" Loose.

Quote:
"Throughout the season we have witnessed many different teams use variations of the Wildcat, but no one used it more effectively and extensively as the Miami Dolphins. In the Dolphins version of this offense, they placed running back Ronnie Brown at the “Quarterback” position. They then lined up running back Ricky Williams at slot receiver, and often times brought him in motion to either receive or fake a handoff from Brown. The Dolphins also use an unbalanced line by moving the left tackle over to the right side of the formation and lining him up next to the right tackle. The Tight End moves down to replace the left tackle and is still an eligible receiver because he is on the end of the line and uncovered (You’ll see a good video example of this below) by another receiver."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 thudias @ 04/28/09 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
He's trying to re-touch every run cycle this week. He showed me the 'fat guy' run this morning and asked for some general feedback and direction. I'm hoping that once he's done with this first pass we'll do side-by-side videos and release them to you guys for more feedback.

nice....We love giving feedback like this

# 202 Methlab @ 04/28/09 11:22 AM
haha. Thats sweet. Larry was QB on our HS team. He has a damn rocket arm, and can shoot a nice 3 ball too

# 203 Methlab @ 04/28/09 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
id hate to say it but what ive seen in the videos of madden 10 so far is the same ol same ol madden 09 gameplay
not looking like im picking it up this year
I hate to be negative, but the game looks the same to me too so far. Just the way it moves and animates does not look that different so far. Not hating..just sayin'.

# 204 Ian_Cummings @ 04/28/09 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I hate to be negative, but the game looks the same to me too so far. Just the way it moves and animates does not look that different so far. Not hating..just sayin'.
Hmm...I'm not quite sure what you'd expect..it is after all still a version of Madden NFL.

Can you elaborate more on what you were expecting? Madden NFL 01 through 09 on PS2 move and animate basically the same, as well as NFL 2k2 through NFL 2k5 (and somewhat through APF 2k8)...

# 205 kwas676 @ 04/28/09 11:54 AM
So Ian I have 2 questions will running backs be able to push of lineman think you did a blog on that when your where on the staff for 08, An also what do you think about fight night rd 4 new physics engine.

# 206 Rocky @ 04/28/09 11:58 AM
Quote:
Hmm...I'm not quite sure what you'd expect..it is after all still a version of Madden NFL.

Can you elaborate more on what you were expecting? Madden NFL 01 through 09 on PS2 move and animate basically the same, as well as NFL 2k2 through NFL 2k5 (and somewhat through APF 2k8)...
It's not as alarming as 2001 through 2009 because those games moved quite well for their time. I've always thought that the 2K series was better in terms of the sheer number of animations. But the Madden series on the PS2 moved more realistically in terms of weight, little nuisances, and fluidness.

NG EA football games have been off though. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but they have been. Others have mentioned not enough subtle movements and I think that could be apart of it. The other reason could be the stiffness of the mo-cap. Not quite sure.

# 207 Cnada @ 04/28/09 12:05 PM
Since we are on the topic of the Wildcat AND madden not looking any different this year much like madden looks the same on ps2.

How come the reverse has never made it into Madden Next-Gen?
I know the cardinals had one reverse looking play in 09 or 08 but i mean how come its not seem in a minority or majority of the playbooks?
If the wildcat deserves so much attention shouldn't the reverse too?

# 208 brza37 @ 04/28/09 12:07 PM
Quote:

I think this is the way it should look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENfUFp2btL8

Check out the perfect QB dropback at 0:15 and the knee bend.
Look at the forward lean of the RB at 0:27 as he heads towards the sidelines.
And at 0:32 the arm extension is just perfect, I mean you can see the dust particles fly through the air when contact is made.

Ian, are any of those Tecmo guys still available? That was football in its truest sense.

# 209 Methlab @ 04/28/09 12:13 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I was vague. Sorry.

Something about the way the 2k games animated just made it special. The Madden players have always looked less fluid in their movements. I have always wanted to see a change in the animations. For example, just the way the players cut and move. You have seen enough youtube comparison vids and read enough threads that I don't want to drive it into the ground. But I remember you made a post about how you wanted to beat those animations, and I guess I am expecting that. Players still make cuts that do not look proper. I completely admit I am prejudging because none of these vids are of actual gameplay, but this is all I have to base an opinion on so far. Here is more detail on what I mean from that blog :

In the clips I saw, the RBs look like they are in quicksand, and it is not a game speed issue. It just looks like all the other Maddens, and I never found that to be very appealing.The reactions of when they get hit do not look very natural, too much like animations being triggered still. The PA Jet sweep vid is an example. Just the way the back cuts up field looks just like last year. When you make a cut, you need to dig in and some turf needs to fly. He never did that, even though he clearly committed to the edge. If you commit like that in real life, you are going to dig in and change angles. The hips will turn much more aggressively. Madden players kind of round it out and that is what I think needs to change.

Some of this stuff is hard to describe. It is like describing the IT factor..lol. I believe a good example is NHL09. The players have that it factor when they animate and that is why it is super fun and was voted sports game of the year.

# 210 g2thecore @ 04/28/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I think this is the way it should look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENfUFp2btL8

Check out the perfect QB dropback at 0:15 and the knee bend.
Look at the forward lean of the RB at 0:27 as he heads towards the sidelines.
And at 0:32 the arm extension is just perfect, I mean you can see the dust particles fly through the air when contact is made.

Ian, are any of those Tecmo guys still available? That was football in its truest sense.
You can't be serious! lol

# 211 blvdboi22 @ 04/28/09 12:43 PM
This is going to be great

but wildcat = Cheese

Everybody will be using the Miami Playbook

# 212 ewto16 @ 04/28/09 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
Guys first thing that I would like to say is that I think EA is heading in the right direction to make this a better game for the hardcore gamers and casual gamers. This wildcat play looks really good except the last vidso I think needs to be addressed a little bit. But I would like to look at the Franchise mode and a few things I would like to see in the game.

Franchise mode

1.) EA can we focus more on on the week leading up to your next game in franchise mode? I mean it really just feels like another exbition game. Can we have like a scouting page or something in the fashion? We dont know what our opponent likes to do or what they have been doing to win ball games. I mean can we have some type of scounti where we can maybe see the others teams likes and dislike. I would love to go into a game and prepare for the game and not actually just play it and that is what it is. I want to tell my team that we need to do leading up to the game you know like focus on stoping the run, put pressure on the QB, or maybe even something other teams have done with success. This is a copycat league and as madden say this is in the game and part of the game. I think it would just make it more like a franchise mode game and not just a matchup.

2.) When it comes to the draft one big thing that is missing that really just gets to me is the way you scout a player and to know what he does. For example there are over 50% of the teams in the league that run a 3-4 defense why is this mot more of a focus. When we recruit a player why are there not any DE/LB that we can rscout. in a 3-4 defense the most import thing is to have a good nose taclke and pas rusher and most of these guys are DE converting to LB. Maybe if we can scout a DE and we can choose what we want our scouting team to focus like can this player play in space or can he get to the QB. This is something big that is lacking. Once again I want it to be a franchise game and not feeling just like a matchup in exbition mode.

3.) EA please I like running the ball is there a way that your opponents team gets tired and wore down through out the game if my team is winning at the line of scrimmage. I want to see the defense on the other team get tired. Once again I know the focus this year is if it's in the game than EA has it in the game and this is a big part in the game.

4.) EA please tell me we are focusing more on the defense side of the ball this year. I want to be able to dominate my opponent. I always seam to be the best in run defense but when it comes to pass defense I'm always ranked in the last 3 teams in the league. Please somebody tell me what im doing wong. I'm not blowing the CPU out by 50 points where they are in the position where all they are doing is passing the ball. Yes I do have some 21 point leads sometimes but come on last in the league in pass defense. It doesnt matter if you are running man to man or zone blitzes or just mix your coverages up I cant ever stop the run. Somebody tell me why is the please.

5.) EA sometimes I like to chosse head coach to choose my plays or even madden to choose my plasy, but sometimes im like what the heck are they picking. It could be 3 and 3 and my head coach or madden will choose a quarter defense. Is there a way that part of the game will get much better? Can we have our defensive cord pick the plays if we choose him to off of his rating and his agressive liek and dislike?

6.)Last but not least the 3-4 defense. Can we please focus on this please please please!!!!!! First off I dont want my Middle backer to be in order on the depth chart by there overall rating. can we have a Weak middle backer and a Strong middle backer int he depth chart page. These postions are different attributes to play the position. storng back is more a run back and takes on more blocks and weak backer can run alot better and is better in space.
Can we have a nose tackle and not just DT. Come on now the DT in a 3-4 defense is really the ends and they should be listed as RDT and LDT. And this brings my point back to the draft when we scout these guys we would like to know what these players ideal of scheme they need to play in.

Please responses to this and let me know I'm not the only one thinking this.

P.S. Ian I hope you read this.

Thanks,
Good job writing all of this in a thread that is totally unrelated to anything you have stated. You win poster of the year!!!

# 213 carolina_boi @ 04/28/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
DUDE... that's a long time man.. Keep that kinda stuff to yourself. Just bumbed me out.
haha yeah it is a while from now but cum'on EVERY HUGE MADDEN FAN is countn down ..with all the new information being updated and released about the game how could u not count down da days !

# 214 oneamongthefence @ 04/28/09 07:37 PM
Hope its not an automatic bad ie the hb pass always resulting in a int or reverses that always lose yards.

# 215 Methlab @ 04/30/09 12:03 AM
I'm glad some others are seeing it the way I posted. I feel it is super important to overall and gameplay.

# 216 Valdarez @ 04/30/09 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
What about more lean when players turned the corner? The vid with AP turning the corner looked great than he went straight up and it looked bad.
I think they need to add some type of tilt control to their player models for turning. That's one thing that people are continually calling out. Players turn, but they don't seem to lean or plant their feet properly when doing so.

# 217 droopizzle34 @ 04/30/09 12:53 AM
i guarantee when the game comes out this will be the most over used,most abused formation in the game.majority of online players look for a "cheesing" edge so expect no huddle wildcat formation all game long....i surely hope Ian and co. are digging deep to find potential glitches and counters to this,cause i know people will abuse the heck outta this.

# 218 SpartanBaller @ 05/01/09 07:39 PM
Teams that don't really run the wildcat should have reduced ability to run it when switching playbook.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.