Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted some NCAA Football 10 videos. They show off Season Showdown: The Setup, Taking the Field and The End Game.
Thanks To Everyone At IGN For The Videos!

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Africa Jr @ 04/27/09 11:27 PM
In one of the videos they show the ranks of some teams and Ohio State Is 7th Oh YEA

# 22 Solidice @ 04/27/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I really like the LG playcall screen too. A nice addition to current gen.
looks about the same to me?

# 23 Squeezee12 @ 04/27/09 11:30 PM
Anybody notice when Ben was setting up the Florida vs Florida St game he went in and set the time to 12:30pm???? Maybe cuz he didnt want to showoff the unannounced dynamic lighting? Or maybe Im just looking to far into it...

# 24 Africa Jr @ 04/27/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Anybody notice when Ben was setting up the Florida vs Florida St game he went in and set the time to 12:30pm???? Maybe cuz he didnt want to showoff the unannounced dynamic lighting? Or maybe Im just looking to far into it...
Whatever back freckle! idk

# 25 BoomerSooner11 @ 04/27/09 11:33 PM
So the only way you can create a team..sorry teambuilder...is online?

# 26 J-Unit40 @ 04/27/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
looks about the same to me?
You know what Solidice? I meant to say the LG "playcall screen look/playart/design/font". The LG had only 3 plays and NCAA '10 will still have 4 plays available per screen. Maybe I'm just seeing things though.

Oh, and that pass Tebow made to nobody was stellar. LOL

# 27 Allaboutme @ 04/27/09 11:34 PM
The pre-game looks like its very much so improved, you saw how he skiped it ? he couldnt have done it any faster lol.

# 28 Solidice @ 04/27/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
most likely.

also we now can see we wont know the injury of an injured player as soon as he gets injured. it said injury is being diagnosed. kind of knew that was going to be like that after the Screen with the Erin Andrews announcement, but we know for sure now.

wished Ben would stop skipping everything and going straight back to the playcall screen.

# 29 Africa Jr @ 04/27/09 11:36 PM
Hey I wanna see them dot the "I" in Ohio sooo bad in the presentation!

# 30 Africa Jr @ 04/27/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
most likely.

also we now can see we wont know the injury of an injured player as soon as he gets injured. it said injury is being diagnosed. kind of new that was going to be like that after the Screen with the Erin Andrews announcement, but we know for sure now.

wished Ben would stop skipping everything and going straight back to the huddle.
"She Got A Donk!" Soulja Boy

# 31 Solidice @ 04/27/09 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You know what Solidice? I meant to say the LG "playcall screen look/playart/design/font". The LG had only 3 plays and NCAA '10 will still have 4 plays available per screen. Maybe I'm just seeing things though.

Oh, and that pass Tebow made to nobody was stellar. LOL
oh. I honestly don't remember what the last-gen screen looked like. haven't played them since '06(which I still own, along with '04).

# 32 bigwill33 @ 04/27/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Oh I did! I watched the video and skipped to certain parts to see if the lighting, shadows or clouds changed.

Not sure if supersimming had any effect on the progression, but it was tough to tell if anything changed.

I loved the way the clouds looked, no longer looked cartoonish or drawn. Looked like an actual sky.

The shadows didn't move at all on the field though. The shadows from the light fixtures on the stadium never moved and stayed static throughout. You can see the Florida sideline has the 30 yard line covered by shadows throughout. And also there was a light fixture that stayed between the 10 and goal line at the opposite end of the field and never moved either. Disappointing to say the least.

On the bright side, and this may be my eyes playing tricks on me, but if solidice wants to capture some screens it might help hint hint. I did notice that at the end of the game the sky had a pinkish hue to it. (Seinfeld reference perhaps). Anyway, it looks as if signs of dusk were starting to set in and you could actually see the sun, and it was lower on the horizen.

Now all of this is completely inconclusive, but since they won't confirm or deny anything and I am never optomistic about these things this is the most I can say at this time.

Let me know if anyone else finds anything.

# 33 Solidice @ 04/27/09 11:51 PM
the supersimming could have messed up the progressive lighting, if it was in. I didn't notice the shadows changing much, but Ben set the time to 12:30PM, so it wouldn't get dark, but we should have seen some movement of the shadows. I'm hoping that the simming messed it up or something.

I'll probably take some screen caps at some point.

# 34 Wet Bandit @ 04/28/09 12:07 AM
That game plan stuff is probably my favorite addition to NCAA in a long time. There's just so much strategy. Slow corners? You might want them to play deeper zones and play it safe going for swats. But if you get down in the game, you might want them to play very aggressive. If you've got good tackling LBs, maybe you can get away with telling them to go for the big hits to try and get turnovers.

And the potential for situational strategy is just as great. Need a big run on the goalline from your RB? Tell him to go hard, even though he might fumble. Got the game in the bag? Tell him to protect the ball. Looking to keep the clock moving? Tell your receivers to come back towards the QB after their routes. Need a big play? Tell 'em to go deep and try and make their man miss if they make the catch.

Season Showdown is neat and all, but the game planning is just such a great addition to the X's and O's on the field.

# 35 davep @ 04/28/09 12:26 AM
Things look pretty good so far. But for the life of me, I'm not sure why the ball carriers still change direction on a dime. That's always been in there and it's always bugged me...to the extent that I may not even buy it this year because of it.

It's like they're programmed on a 4 directional axis (up, down, left, right) instead of 8. There's no momentum or shift to speak of and it just looks very unnatural. Otherwise, everything else looks fairly decent (albeit extremely similar to last year).

# 36 Solidice @ 04/28/09 12:50 AM
I hate taking screens from off-screen videos. they always turn up blurry.

they moved the uniform select to the "Y"("/_\" for PS3) button. well, we know why, they added the uniform model guy to show what uniform you have selected. but it's nice to see the option actually there.

another entrance Ben skips over.

defensive keys screen, show runs/pass commits, and key receiver option.

pre-play line-up

you can see a pocket forming here, the RE of FSU is trying to get around the edge of the LT. Ben was controlling the LE and tried to get around the RT, but couldn't and got shoved off.

Ben must have wanted to kill himself at the end of the game, he couldn't skip through the "play of the game".

# 37 boritter @ 04/28/09 12:51 AM
Quote:
did you see the incredible pass Tebow...err....QB #15 threw around the 2:00 mark.
Priceless.

It was awesome how Ben was completely silent after the play. The awkward pause screamed, "Please don't ask me about the shoddy CPU QB AI on that play!"

# 38 bigwill33 @ 04/28/09 12:53 AM
Nice work solidice! Now get me the end of the game screen caps side by side with the begining lol. Want to see if the sky changes at all!

# 39 Solidice @ 04/28/09 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Nice work solidice! Now get me the end of the game screen caps side by side with the begining lol. Want to see if the sky changes at all!
he never left the pause menu at the end.

i did take this shot, but it doesn't really show much.

either the simming messed up the progressiveness of the lighting, this build didn't have it in it(they could of had it disable for the event or something), or it didn't make it in 10 either. hopefully it's one of the first 2.

# 40 bigwill33 @ 04/28/09 01:13 AM
I know, but the 3rd video might have some hope if you look at the 3:11 mark in the last video you can see (even though it is a pause menu) there seems to be a duskishness to the sky with some pink and purple in there. Making it look different from the earliers shots of the sky.

This could be due to the dimming of the background with the pause menu up on the screen, but my wishful thinking says progressive lighting. Even though I don't usually have wishful thinking in these situations.

Edit: I believe 3:35 of that video to be an even better example, and the pause menu is gone!

So look at the cloudless sky and everything going on in the :55 mark of that last video and then look at the 3:35 mark. It totally looks different to me!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.