Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sportzbro @ 05/01/09 02:20 PM
It looks better, but its almost like the ball carrier is laboring down the field. I think the legs need to be churning faster.

# 2 Krodis @ 05/01/09 02:22 PM
Yeah it looks like he has a limp or maybe some major back pain.

# 3 StevieTheD @ 05/01/09 02:22 PM
I don't really have a problem with the 09 version if he is breaking away for a TD. I like the revised running animation, but I think it'd look goofy out in the open. It looks as if he is laboring while trying to break away but still has some potential tacklers with in range.

Would it be possible to have the new animation be utilized when in traffic so that it looks like he is running, but bracing for hits and looking for tacklers and then when he gets far enough away where it's just a spring to the end zone he goes back to the 09 style?

# 4 sportzbro @ 05/01/09 02:25 PM
I mean look how fast Chad Johnson's feet are moving in the first part of this vid:

# 5 g2thecore @ 05/01/09 02:25 PM
I love it already! Sure it can be tweaked a little more, like the guy above said, it looks like the runner is struggling down the field. But overall, compared to the "sprinter style" vid, it's light years ahead. Give our thanks to Simon please.

# 6 bang911 @ 05/01/09 02:26 PM
My thoughts as I watched:

Yeaaaaaa, niceeee, very nice.

That runner had a very human look to his running style. Impressive to see such an improvement so quickly!

# 7 The Man 451 @ 05/01/09 02:26 PM
In the first vid, the runner looks more natural, and dynamic. There's a sense of weight. The second vid, the runner looks more mechanical. I like the new animation.

# 8 Fresh Prince @ 05/01/09 02:28 PM
Looks much better. Can't wait to see the final build.

# 9 Goffs @ 05/01/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
In the first vid, the runner looks more natural, and dynamic. There's a sense of weight. The second vid, the runner looks more mechanical. I like the new animation.
this!

i like the direction where this is going keep up the good work IAN

# 10 g2thecore @ 05/01/09 02:34 PM
I think I like the players natural movements, that needs to remain. The hips, arms and shoulders move very naturally and dynamically making the runner look very human.

Now if Simon could only make those legs move a little faster, we'd be in for a hell of a treat. Like the guy said above, it looks like he's jogging rather than sprinting.

# 11 The Man 451 @ 05/01/09 02:34 PM
Yeah, I'd agree that in the new vid, the runner doesn't appear to be running at full speed (sprinting). Almost what you'd expect if you did not hold down the acceleration button. For a sprint, his legs definitely need to be moving faster as shown in the chad johnson video.

I love the new animation though.

# 12 Rashad19 @ 05/01/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
Yep! The first video reminds me of Derrick Brooks running style. He always appeared to be lumbering down the field. I think faster guys should have a quicker leg turnover like the Chad Ocho Cinco video above. Great work Ian and team!

# 13 sportzbro @ 05/01/09 02:37 PM
I would just refer back to the running animations in NCAA 06/Madden 05. Those were the absolute best looking imo. Maybe combine what you have now with the last gen animations if you get what i mean

# 14 pigspigs76 @ 05/01/09 02:38 PM
I like how there is a feeling of movement throughout more of the body (it looks more natural), but this should be tweaked towards specific players body types.

# 15 g2thecore @ 05/01/09 02:39 PM
Actually now that I've re-read what Ian wrote in his post, I don't think that the new animation is representative of a sprinter running. I believe that was just one of the running animations. I think we'll be seeing the replacement to the dreaded "sprinter style" run from 09 soon.

# 16 shift9k @ 05/01/09 02:39 PM
Honestly that looks MUCH better then 09. Much better. Now the key I think is to make the legs look like they are moving faster without making the player move much faster. I think it would be wise to start from the feet going from slower shorter movements to faster feet movement and that sprint size in the second vid ian posted as the sprint gets going.

# 17 burne @ 05/01/09 02:39 PM
Can we get a longer video with the animation from several different angles? This isn't an angle we're going to see often.

# 18 RGiles36 @ 05/01/09 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Actually now that I've re-read what Ian wrote in his post, I don't think that the new animation is representative of a sprinter running. I believe that was just one of the running animations. I think we'll be seeing the replacement to the dreaded "sprinter style" run from 09 soon.
+1

Edit: I do like the new running animation though...

# 19 sportzbro @ 05/01/09 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
yea thats what i thought as well

# 20 thereal31 @ 05/01/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
Honestly that looks MUCH better then 09. Much better. Now the key I think is to make the legs look like they are moving faster without making the player move much faster. I think it would be wise to start from the feet going from slower shorter movements to faster feet movement and that sprint size in the second vid ian posted as the sprint gets going.
Man that run was in 09 it's just improved, can you change the way he's swinging his left arm.

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.